Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    La Habra, CA
    Posts
    1,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Scrapbooking Goals

    I don't know about you, but 2013 seemed to be gone in a snap for me - which I'm kind of glad for...it's been a challenging year! . Before we know it, it will be 2014!

    I've never set scrapbooking goals I seem to be hit & miss with my scrapping - mostly CT layouts...I don't think I'd get any done if I wasn't on CTs!

    Do you set scrapbooking goals at the beginning of each year? Do you just "wing-it" and whatever gets done, gets done?

    If you set goals, how do you decide what your goal should be? What are your goals for 2014?



  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    8,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Scrapbooking Goals

    I only have ONE goal: Scrap the memories that mean the most, but don't just scrap those.
    I'm notorious for scrapping the dishes, the laundry, the icky moments in life. So, I'll be continuing that.


    My WORD for 2014 is "Capture" so I think that fits ;)


  3. Likes craftytam liked this post
  4. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    La Habra, CA
    Posts
    1,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Scrapbooking Goals

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    I only have ONE goal: Scrap the memories that mean the most, but don't just scrap those.
    I'm notorious for scrapping the dishes, the laundry, the icky moments in life. So, I'll be continuing that.


    My WORD for 2014 is "Capture" so I think that fits ;)
    I think it's awesome that you scrap the every day & icky moments. I try to take photos of those and get layouts done of them once in a while. Sometimes those are the things that are most fun to look back on!
    I like your word for 2014. I've never chosen a word for the year, but I think I'm going to start this year!



  5. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    8,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Scrapbooking Goals

    Quote Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
    I think it's awesome that you scrap the every day & icky moments. I try to take photos of those and get layouts done of them once in a while. Sometimes those are the things that are most fun to look back on!
    I like your word for 2014. I've never chosen a word for the year, but I think I'm going to start this year!
    I just have to remember that life isn't always pretty. It's actually come in handy a few times. We're able to track when the kids get sick, and things like that It also helps me learn my camera, which is always a good thing

    Quote Originally Posted by emscraps View Post
    Hmmm....I'm quite intrigued, Sarah!! You do an amazing job with it, I love peeking into your life and it's a great way to remember what happened. I use Oh Life almost daily, I really should just bite the bullet and make pages using what I wrote on it. I LOVE that site!!
    Thanks! Julie (Creations by Julie) was my big inspiration!
    I've never heard of "Oh Life"! I have a planner that I have used each year by Log Your Memory but they closed earlier this year. Thankfully, I found another planner designed by a digiscrapper that is a PERFECT replacement. (I've done a video review on it)


  6. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    La Habra, CA
    Posts
    1,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Scrapbooking Goals

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    I just have to remember that life isn't always pretty. It's actually come in handy a few times. We're able to track when the kids get sick, and things like that It also helps me learn my camera, which is always a good thing



    Thanks! Julie (Creations by Julie) was my big inspiration!
    I've never heard of "Oh Life"! I have a planner that I have used each year by Log Your Memory but they closed earlier this year. Thankfully, I found another planner designed by a digiscrapper that is a PERFECT replacement. (I've done a video review on it)
    I saw the planner on her blog & was curious. I can't wait to watch your review!



  7. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Woodburn, OR
    Posts
    165
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Scrapbooking Goals

    I use scrapping as a creative outlet as well as for preserving memories. My goal is to focus more on the memories. I recently came across some old blog posts of mine that told stories I had completely forgotten. I need to get them onto layouts so that I don't forget them again!

    But the only specific goal I'm setting is to finish my LegoLand book!

  8. Likes craftytam liked this post
  9. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    La Habra, CA
    Posts
    1,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Scrapbooking Goals

    Quote Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
    I use scrapping as a creative outlet as well as for preserving memories. My goal is to focus more on the memories. I recently came across some old blog posts of mine that told stories I had completely forgotten. I need to get them onto layouts so that I don't forget them again!

    But the only specific goal I'm setting is to finish my LegoLand book!
    How awesome is that, to find old stories?! What a treasure!

    I think that's a fantastic goal - to finish a trip book. I can't wait to see yhe layouts of your trip!



  10. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    6,096
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Scrapbooking Goals

    You are making an entire book just from Legoland? You must've taken lots of photos!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
    I use scrapping as a creative outlet as well as for preserving memories. My goal is to focus more on the memories. I recently came across some old blog posts of mine that told stories I had completely forgotten. I need to get them onto layouts so that I don't forget them again!

    But the only specific goal I'm setting is to finish my LegoLand book!

  11. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Woodburn, OR
    Posts
    165
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Scrapbooking Goals

    Quote Originally Posted by Colleen View Post
    You are making an entire book just from Legoland? You must've taken lots of photos!!!
    Yes, yes I did. Between my hubby and I, I think we have at least 500 pictures. MOST of them won't get scrapped. There are a lot of close ups of the different models. But it was THE highlight of our trip to Southern California last year, so I plan on showing off as much as I can. It won't be a large book, but my goal is to make an 8x8 book of just LEGOLand, probably with about 15 pages. I'll also make a couple two page spreads that summarize LEGOLand to put in our entire trip book.

    I also need to finish our Galveston Island book from 2011 and now our Alaska trip from this year. :/ And that's just the trips! I feel SO BEHIND.

  12. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Scrapbooking Goals

    I don't set goals, other than to scrap when I can! I would like to get the photos from our big trip this past summer scrapped but I don't do well with pressure from goal setting so I'll just try to get it done when I can.

  13. Likes craftytam liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •