Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Photo Scanning

Post Thanks / Like

Default Photo Scanning

So I am just wondering how you all scan your pre-digital photos? Do you scan them yourselves? Take them somewhere? Anyone tried one of those companies that you mail them off and they do it for you? I am wanting to get all my photos scanned, but my scanner is not high quality and I don't love how the pictures are looking when they are scanned. I am a little leery of mailing them off somewhere...what if they get lost or ruined?? And I don't know of anywhere local. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or an online company that they loved and did amazing work, but didn't charge an arm and a leg? TIA!

msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Photo Scanning

I scan my own. Either at 300 dpi or 600 dpi.
    THEN
    I photo edit- here is one example- including a tutorial, well, it is what I did....And It has been printed.

m
    ps- I love to photo restore. This was done several years ago in just pse 5... I have had most all pse programs and now use CS5.
    Michelle

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have the time or desire to scan all my negatives. I would love to hear if someone has used a service!!!

4. Likes msbrad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I had started scanning my grandpa's old slides, but I really wasn't happy with the quality - even after cleaning them with professional stuff that I bought from a photo supplier, they still had junk on them...so I stopped. I have TONS of negatives & slides I want to get scanned - it's on my wish list!
    If I need an individual photo that is pre-digital (like my one of Sleeping Beauty's castle for the 1st Survivor challenge), I either take a photo of it or scan it, but I don't do them in bulk.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I have just been taking photos of photos when I need one from pre-digital for scrapbooking. I have a huge plastic tote of photos and negatives that need scanning that are just mine. I also have stuff of my parents and my grandma. Way to huge of a task for me to do by myself!!!
    Last edited by Colleen; 10-26-2013 at 12:34 AM.

msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Colleen View Post
    Yeah, I have just been taking photos of photos when I need one for pre-digital for scrapbooking. I have a huge plastic tote of photos and negatives that need scanning that are just mine. I also have stuff of my parents and my grandma. Way to huge of a task for me to do by myself!!!
    That works well too.
    m
    Michelle

Post Thanks / Like

I am with you guys....a big tote of pictures to be scanned and I don't want to do it myself! I also am looking for a trustworthy company to do it for me!

9. Likes Colleen liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I came across this article when I was searching negative scanning sites. http://www.techhive.com/article/2000...ur-photos.html

I think I'm going to give ScanCafe a try. I like that they allow you to pick and choose which photos you want from the scans without having to buy them (I think you can only discard 20% of them though)!

Post Thanks / Like

They look pretty good...definitely let us know how they turn out and how you like them!

Post Thanks / Like

I will do that! I am just going to send a rolls worth of 35 mm negatives to sample them! I am tempted to include a photo or two I have without a negative as well just to see how they look.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrappingirl View Post
    They look pretty good...definitely let us know how they turn out and how you like them!

13. Likes scrappingirl, Lisa liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast