Post Thanks / Like

Default Holiday kit shopping

For those kits that you are not on a ct for.. do you wait to purchase them until after that Holiday is past or buy them before, as most are posted before, and if so then do you take pictures to go with the kits?

I always tend to wait until after the Holiday and then want to purchase a kit to go with the photos that I have taken.

my ct layouts that I do I end up trying to go through the last year holiday and wishing I had new ones to scrap with

2. Likes emscraps liked this post
    msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Holiday kit shopping

When I purchase, I want them on sale.
    m
    Michelle

4. Thanks crazyT thanked for this post
    Likes crazyT, emscraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Me too! I like a sale! I do purchase specific kits to go with my pics but I also create pics to go with my kits...especially CT kits. I just signed up to bake cupcakes for my daughters gymnastics fundraiser because one of my designers is working on a baking kit! I also encouraged my kids to make a gingerbread house for Susan Godfrey's Homemade Holiday (not that they minded)!

Created with Fall Harvest by Little Rad Trio
    Proudly Creating for: CathyK Designs and Little Rad Trio

6. Likes crazyT, trina513, emscraps liked this post
    emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *Sugar Cookie*

Post Thanks / Like

Lol, I hear you, Julia.....I plan events and outings to go with kits, lol!

8. Likes crazyT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely depends, I do a little of both. I'm about 2 years behind in my scrapping (and feel like I'm never going to get caught up!) So with my CT stuff I have 2 years of Christmas photos to pull out to scrap. But I do tend to sway towards taking new ones if the kit is really cute and I don't have anything to go w/ them (in the 2 years to go through!) But usually I find something in my old stash to go with it.

I usually only buy kits that I know I have photos for! Or stuff i'm going to scrap RIGHT NOW ;)
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

10. Likes crazyT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I usually wait for a sale, too! I usually add a kit to my wish list and make sure I already have pictures to scrap with it, or brain storm ways to take new pictures that will work for a certain kit! I take tons of pictures and have years worth of pictures to scrap with so very rarely do I find a kit I love that I don't have anything to scrap with it.

My Blog Digital Layouts by 3BluEyedBabies FB

Proudly creating for Colie's Corner, 4MyBabiesScraps, & True North Scraps

12. Likes crazyT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am another sale shopper. I cannot pass up a good bright colored kit with lots of unique embellies.

Only 2 years behind would be nice. I take way too many photos and my full time job and active kiddos really take away from my scrap time...ha ha. I am almost finished with 2008. I alternate scrapping new and older though to keep my mojo up.

14. Likes crazyT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Love this.. I am glad to know that I am not the only one who does both!!! I have a few that I have gotten because I want to do a photo shoot to fit the kit! After Christmas I like to get a few for the unexpected awesome cute photos that I got lucky taking too

Post Thanks / Like

I decide on which pics I want to scrap that month and then start looking for a kit. I wait for a sale though so the whole folder may get moved to the next month if my "wished for kit" hasn't gone on sale. That being said, I will often decide on which pics to scrap based on the challenges. The challenges keep me scrapping new pages in new ways so my whole album doesn't look the same. I'm weird I know!

msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trina513 View Post
    Definitely depends, I do a little of both. I'm about 2 years behind in my scrapping (and feel like I'm never going to get caught up!) So with my CT stuff I have 2 years of Christmas photos to pull out to scrap. But I do tend to sway towards taking new ones if the kit is really cute and I don't have anything to go w/ them (in the 2 years to go through!) But usually I find something in my old stash to go with it.

I usually only buy kits that I know I have photos for! Or stuff i'm going to scrap RIGHT NOW ;)
    You don't need to get caught up...cuz that could be boring. I'm probably so far behind...I'm first LOL
    I just scrap'em as the spirit moves me. At present I'm on a mission to complete a book as a Christmas gift for older grandson [and his parents] of their vacation to NYC. I'm on a roll.
    m
    Michelle