Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Christmas Carols, anyone?

Since we are close to Thanksgiving, I feel like I can look forward to Christmas. I love Christmas. I especially love Christmas Carols. But my all time favorites are: Silent Night and It Came Upon a Midnight Clear. What is yours?
    Last edited by dodgeladee; 11-23-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Christmas Carols, anyone?

I like Christmas music but not religious Christmas carols. I don't really have a favorite - they change each year.

3. Likes dodgeladee liked this post
    msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE Christmas music!! Probably most all of it except: The Chipmunks [Christmas Christmas time is here....], Grandma got run over by a reindeer, and Dan Folgelberg-Same Old Lang Syne.

I'm inspired each year to whip out the piano books to practice and play.
    m
    Michelle

5. Likes craftytam, dodgeladee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a very religious gal, but I actually prefer the religious Christmas songs.

I love almost all Christmas songs, but those just seem to lend themselves to gorgeous vocal covers and being an lifelong choir girl, I just can't help loving them.

My all-time favorite since I was 13 is O Holy Night.

I'm particularly partial to Josh Groban's version. He is my future second husband, after all. ;)

7. Likes craftytam, SandyPie, dodgeladee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My favorites:
    Stille Nacht (I prefer the German version over the English version. It just sounds so much prettier. I know both versions)
    This Gift [98 Degrees ... I heard it live the year it came out!]

This is TRULY my obsession! I ANYTHING Mannheim, but their Christmas stuff? Oh god, I'm in total heaven!

9. Thanks crazyT thanked for this post
    Likes crazyT, craftytam, SandyPie, dodgeladee, msbrad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Those all sound awesome! I have only briefly heard Mannheim. Gotta check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is definitely The Twelve Days of Christmas. I always make my students sing it in the last lesson before the Xmas break, first together and then splitting them up into twelve groups. The group who gets the drummers is most pleased because they have to do the least singing, sneaky buggers ;) and there's always a diva or two who insists on doing the five gold rings because they want to show they can hit the high notes.

12. Likes dodgeladee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Christmas album by Vince Gill that's just so lovely... his voice just gets me everytime. And I love Ave Maria. Even though it's technically not a Christmas song, you mostly hear it this time of year and it's just so beautiful. I have a version of it that's sung by Aaron Neville that's amazing.

I actually really love Christmas music, and I have a huge assortment of music from various country artists. I generally have it playing on my ipod in the background through the day when nobody else is home. It drives them all crazy! lol
    http://forums.gingerscraps.net/signaturepics/sigpic13501_5.gif

14. Likes dodgeladee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I love Christmas music. My itunes Christmas playlist has more music in it than any other playlist! When I was a kid we had a Gene Autry "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" Christmas album (yes, vinyl!). I LOVED that album! I love Christmas hymns-Silent Night, Come All Ye Faithful, but I think my favorite is Carole of the Bells.

16. Likes dodgeladee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Two things have to happen at our house for the "Christmas Season" to officially start... One.. The John Denver and the Muppets Christmas cd has to be dusted out and played again and again and again and again and......
    Second... The Christmas Story with Ralphy has to be watched...
    Both of these are because My hubby "our Grinch" is really not a grinch and is secretly (not really a secret but we let him think it is) has to start them the first of Christmas.. then the holiday begins
    We have officially bought at least 100 of the Muppets Christmas cds' as either gifts or worn out and needing to be replaced.

yup.. they were broke out this weekend..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast