Thread: Templates??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Templates??

I am still learning how to do things everyday. I am in need of help on how do I use a template for the challenges? :arobics:

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Templates??

What program are you using?

Post Thanks / Like

photoshop CS3

Post Thanks / Like

I am gonna hand this off to Rachel or Jillian, I don't know the CS series... I am just starting to learn. I will PM Rachel and ask her to answer this for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok. Great. Thanks for all your help. I am still learning everything and I am sure I will have tons more questions for you.Lol..Much Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

You rang? Aw templates. Fabulous things! There's several different ways to do it really, but here's how I do it. First I open the template. All the different pieces will be on a different layer. If this is already overwhelming because there are too many layers to keep track of, don't panic!

While on the move tool (little black arrow) right click on your layout on the piece you want first. then choose that layer. Okay that piece is now your active layer. on your layers panel ctrl click on that layer. This will put your selection running ants around that layer or piece. Great! Now go to your picture or paper that you want to put in there. It should still be on a seperate canvas all alone. select that. (you can just hit Ctrl a or you can do it by Ctrl and clicking on it over in the layers pallett like we did before.) Then go to Edit - Copy (or Ctrl C) Then go back to your LO where the template is. The running ants should still be going around your selection. go to Edit - Paste Into This will paste your picture or paper into that shape! You can then leave as is or merge that layer with the template layer (which is what you'll have to do if you want to move it.)

Okay I know that sounded really complicated and I'm sure there are eaiser ways, but once you get the hang of it I think you will find, as I have, that this is the fastest way! Keep asking if you need help. I'll try to keep a better eye out in here!

Post Thanks / Like

Once my head stops spinning I will try it. Thank you for the help. You all are great.