Thread: Veterinarian

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Question Veterinarian

We have a veterinarian here, don't we? My cat is old and we are broke. I know I probably need to take her to the doctor, but her inner nostril is swollen and has been for quite a while. Mostly her left nostril and there is noticibly green mucus inside the lining. In your opinion, veterinarians, what could have caused this? A virus, allergy? Im at a loss!

heres a picture, I can't tell on my phone how large or small it is. My apologies!

ANY insight is appreciated.

· ·

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Veterinarian

She could be sick or even an allergy. My dog is allergic to grass, so anything wouldn't surprise me at this point when it comes to animals lol. Have you tried Benadryl? I know our vet has recommended this a few times but not sure how much you'd give a cat!

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I were a veterinarian (my dream job growing up - LOL) sorry I'm no help, beyond guessing an allergy or some other irritation?
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the same, allergy. So I have Benedetto, but it didn't help. She has trouble breathing (snotty sounding when she breathes) and sneezes a lot. The actual membrane inside her nose is swollen, I think that is why she is "congested", I just hope she won't need a nasal surgery!!!

· ·

Post Thanks / Like

Is your cat allowed to go out or is she an "indoor" cat?!?
    If she goes out: is she vaccinated?
    Does she eat normal or less? (sorry, Iīm not sure if that is the right grammar )
    Has she fever?

Cats often have a little sniff, and itīs not bad if she is vaccinated and fever free. So try to do nosewashs with saline solution (take a disposable syringe and a second person for help ;) ). If it doesnīt get better in a few days, you should definitiv go to a vet!

Hope that helps a little bit!

Proud CT member of the GingerScrap Designers: SeaTroutScraps, LittleRadTrio, CreatedByJill, ViolaMoni, Lissykay and

6. Thanks MSPeeler thanked for this post
    emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea...but hope she feels better. It's hard enough when we humans are congested and we understand why, poor thing, she must feel terrible

Do you think she might have scratched it??

8. Thanks MSPeeler thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

And anything new about your little darling?

Proud CT member of the GingerScrap Designers: SeaTroutScraps, LittleRadTrio, CreatedByJill, ViolaMoni, Lissykay and

10. Thanks MSPeeler thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry! Nothing new to report, in honesty, this has been going on for about a year, progressing in severity slowly. What I'm reading now is that she may have a fungal infection in her nasal cavity and will need antibiotics, but of coarse I will need an X-ray to verify something like that.... And since we can barely afford groceries these days.... She may have to stick it out a tad longer

· ·

Post Thanks / Like

Call around and see if a local college with a vet school will see her for cheaper?
    Some places also have sliding scales, because they understand hard times.