Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GingerScraps is online now Survivor *Digi-County Fair* Host
    The Queen
    *GingerBread Lady*
    Designer and Owner of GingerScraps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Week 5 -There's No Place Like Home *Challenge*

Before we continue on our journey.... check the below thread to see is you will be moving on to week 5. {LINK HERE}
    And now our journey continues....

After some time passes, you hear voices at the door! It is your friends! They bust down the door and free you and Dorothy. Suddenly you are all surrounded by the Wicked Witches evil monkeys, the cackling voice of the Witch mocks you and your friends. The witch has you cornered, and she is ready to begin her torture. She holds her broom up to a flame, and screeches, "How about a little fire, Scarecrow," quickly pushing the flames into the Scarecrows hay!
    "I'm burning!! I'm burning!" cries the Scarecrow.
    Dorothy grabs a bucket of water, and throws it onto the Scarecrow, the water douses the Scarecrow, and also hits the Wicked Witch.
    The water looks like it is burning the witch! She begins to scream, "You cursed brat, look what you've done!! I'm melting, I'm melting!"
    Soon there is nothing left but a pile of smoldering clothes. The Wicked Witch is DEAD!
    "All hail Dorothy, the Wicked Witch is dead!"

Dorothy takes the broom, and you all immediately head back to visit the Wizard of Oz. "Please Sir, we have done what you told us, we brought you the broom stick of the Wicked Witch of the West, we melted her," Dorothy exclaimed.
    The Wizard of Oz does not react as expected! He tells you to go away, and come back tomorrow. Dorothy is not having that! She insists he see you right now! Toto dashes away and runs under a curtain, Dorothy and the Wizard continue to argue, and you see Toto pulling the curtain back. Dorothy notices right after you do, and she sees- the great Wizard of Oz is no more than a mere man!
    "You humbug," the Scarecrow accuses.
    "Well, yes, I am a humbug," the Wizard of Oz says.

"You better be able to get us Home, and what about the heart you promised Tinman, and courage you promised the Lion, the brain you promised Scarecrow," you shout!

The Wizard begins to talk quickly, "Why, anybody can have a brain. That's a very mediocre commodity. Every pusillanimous creature that crawls on the earth -- or slinks through slimy seas has a brain! From the rock-bound coast of Maine to the Sun.... oh - oh, no -- -- ah - Well, be that as it may. Back where I come from we have universities, seats of great learning -- where men go to become great thinkers. And when they come out, they think deep thoughts -- and with no more brains than you have.... But! They have one thing you haven't got! A diploma!"
    And he hands the Scarecrow a Diploma!

With a determined look on his face, the Scarecrow states, "The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isosceles triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side. Oh joy, rapture! I've got a brain!"

Next the Wizard heads over to the Lion, "As for you, my fine friend -- you're a victim of disorganized thinking. You are under the unfortunate delusion that simply because you run away from danger, you have no courage. You're confusing courage with wisdom. Back where I come from, we have men who are called heroes. Once a year, they take their fortitude out of mothballs and parade it down the main street of the city. And they have no more courage than you have. But! They have one thing that you haven't got! A medal! Therefore -- for meritorious conduct, extraordinary valor, conspicuous bravery against wicked witches, I award you the Triple Cross. You are now a member of the Legion of Courage!"
    With that, he gives the Lion a large medal that says "Courage" upon it.

"Oh -- Oh -- shucks, folks, I'm speechless!" says the Lion.

The Wizard then looks at the Tinman. "As for you, my galvanized friend, you want a heart! You don't know how lucky you are not to have one. Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable. I could have been a world figure, a power among men, a - a successful wizard, had I not been obstructed by a heart. Back where I come from there are men who do nothing all day but good deeds. They are called phil...er -- er -- phil -- er, yes...good-deed-doers. And their hearts are no bigger than yours. But! They have one thing you haven't got! A testimonial! Therefore, in consideration of your kindness, I take pleasure at this time in presenting you with a small token of our esteem and affection."
    The Wizard presents the Tinman with a heart-shaped watch.
    "And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others," The Wizard of Oz tells him.

"Ahh --- Oh, it ticks! Listen!" Exclaims the Tinman.

Dorothy's expression goes from very excited for her friends, to very sad, in an instant. She takes you by the hand and asks the Wizard of Oz, "How about us, how will you get us back home?"

Time seems to stand still for a moment, you can hear Dorothy talking to the Wizard of Oz, but your mind has drifted off. You are thinking about your Home, your loved ones, your little "Toto". This has been an amazing adventure, but you miss you Home so so much.....

Week 5 - There's No Place Like Home *Challenge*
    This weeks challenge is all about you home! This is your nest, your refuge, that place you can relax, snuggle up and watch movies, have family dinners, enjoy your friends, family and animals. You can cook or bake, you can play on your computer, you can have dinner parties, or BBQ's, you can decorate for the holidays, you can stay in your jammies all day if you want to! Maybe your home is not your "dream home" but there must be at least one spot, in your home, that you love. After all... There's No Place Like Home!

The Layout Rules-

• The layout must have at least one photo of the outside of your Home.
    • The layout must have at least one photo of your favorite "spot" in your home.
    • The layout must have journaling explaining the special spot in your home, and why it is special. (It can also be a spot outside, like in your yard or on your porch)
    • Your Layout must include the words "There's No Place Like Home". It can be in your journaling, or the title of your LO, it can be wordart, or blended into the background paper. But it MUST be visible somewhere on the layout.
    • In the Tribal Council forum post, type out your journaling, so all players can read your journaling. We think the gallery description area is fixed, please try to include the journaling in both the gallery and forum. Report any gallery issues to me please. I need to know if the issues are still happening.
    • Templates ARE ALLOWED in this challenge.
    • You must use ALL 100% GingerScraps products when creating your Layout.
    • *Remember* Always credit the products you are using, when posting in the gallery/forum. List the credits. When checking layouts, I need to be sure all products are from GS designers- so credits are crucial!!

Deadline and Where To Post Your Layout-

• Deadline for layout to be posted is Wednesday, November 20th @ 11:59 PM eastern standard time. NO EXCEPTIONS
    • Late entries will not be excepted! Plan ahead, and give yourself time to upload and post on time!
    • You must post in TWO places (the tribal council thread for the week and the gallery for the weeks challenge).
    • Layout MUST be posted in the Season 4 *Oz* Gallery Challenge Week 5
    • AND
    • Layout MUST be posted in the Season 4 *Oz Week 5 -There's No Place Like Home *Tribal Council*
    • LO must follow guidelines of the Week 5 -There's No Place Like Home Challenge

Have questions specifically about the Week 5 Challenge?
    Please ask them in the Q&A thread specifically for the Week 5 Challenge
    Here is a link-Week 5 -There's No Place Like Home *Q&A Thread*
    I will keep a running list of questions and answers updated in this top thread.

Remember if you are no longer part of the competition, you can still play along! Please DO NOT post your LO in the forum or on the Week 4 challenge gallery. You will post your LO in the Voted Off the Island? section. And feel free to continue to enjoy the fun banter, we would love for you to stick around and chit chat with us!

Leaving love in the gallery is a great way to show support for your fellow competitors please do so in the Scrapping Survivor Season 4 - Oz Gallery

Chit Chat and trash talk is a fun part of this game.... make alliances, bribe your host ;) have FUN!! The area to do this all is Here- Scrapping Survivor- *Oz*{sign ups and chit chat}! Feel free to start threads, and chat about whatever you would like to chat about.
    One of the great things about this game is the chance to make some lasting friendships!

Let the fun begin!! I can not wait to see your Layouts!!!
    Last edited by GingerScraps; 11-13-2013 at 07:24 PM.

littleradtrio is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Little Rad Trio
    *{Staff} Winner of Survivor-Season 4 *Oz*

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Week 5 -There's No Place Like Home *Challenge*

Oh no.... the "special" spot in my house is going to be hard one for me. Because my house suffered MAJOR water damage in June while we were building a huge new addition! As a result, our house had to be completely gutted. We spent 4 months living with my parents and just recently moved back home to an unfinished house, but we now have flooring again. It's getting there, but we still have not completely moved everything back in so I haven't discovered my special spot yet, since most of our rooms are still fairly empty. Ohhhh I'd better get my thinking cap on!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Jennifer...this is a perfect opportunity to seize the moment and scrap about your special home even in it's disarray...some colorful journal about how you "see" your favorite spot when you'll all moved in and finished some photos in it's current state I'm sure down the (yellow brick) road when your remodeling is finished you'll be glad to have the moment preserved. Good luck!!!

trina513 is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Lead GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

Ah man....my house is definitely not my dream house this is going to be a challenge for me!!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

this one is going to be a challenge.....now you all will get to see what military housing is like . . . .
    I can't get photobucket to work.
    You know my name
    Neverland Scraps AKA: Wendy

6. Likes trina513 liked this post
    littleradtrio is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Little Rad Trio
    *{Staff} Winner of Survivor-Season 4 *Oz*

Post Thanks / Like

Then perhaps you shouldn't challenge yourself so hard and just bypass this particular challenge.....
    Quote Originally Posted by trina513 View Post
    Ah man....my house is definitely not my dream house this is going to be a challenge for me!!

8. Dislikes trina513 disliked this post
    MSPeeler is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleradtrio View Post
    Then perhaps you shouldn't challenge yourself so hard and just bypass this particular challenge.....
    LOL and the "gaming" begins!!

10. Likes trina513, missdamsel, scrappinbella liked this post
    scrappinbella is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *Lead Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSPeeler View Post
    LOL and the "gaming" begins!!
    ..Yay 'bout time some trash talkin' has begun.... albeit, way too lady-like! ok, all you chickens out there upload some lo's for week 5....http://youtu.be/1nINoMsSqUY..I will if you will..and, I'll even give you my vote!
    Last edited by scrappinbella; 11-17-2013 at 01:03 PM.

12. Likes crazyT, trina513, MSPeeler, msbrad liked this post
    scrappinbella is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *Lead Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

yay, no more bwwwaaak in the gallery....we're down to peep peep peeps....it's fun looking at our homes and our favorite spots(yeah...I'm, nosey ok? I admit it..lol)
    btw, I saw some from the other alliance and they are pretty quiet too..perhaps we should have them come stay at the Pink Munchkin Castle now that we have some room..hate for them to be lonesome...and they could help with the Water Bucket Brigade.. can someone please invite them over?(not my place to ask since, I too was invited to the Pink Castle when I was alone)

14. Likes crazyT, trina513 liked this post
    trina513 is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Lead GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleradtrio View Post
    LOL LOL LOL!! YOU WISH!! I'm way too competitive to just bypass this little challenge ;) mwah ha ha ha ha (insert evil laugh here!)

I think I'm about to post my LO! This is the worst part, posting my LO, then looking in the gallery to see who else has posted - I don't even allow myself to peek into the gallery before I've completed my LO - just too intimidating!!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

16. Likes crazyT, MamaCake, scrappinbella liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast