Default Re: Week 5 - There's No Place Like Home *Tribal Council*

Finally done!!

Credits:
    Simply Blue
    Simplicity
    Documented all from Wendy Tunison
    Template from M&MDesigns

Journaling reads:

Over the course of the last 5 years, I've come to understand and embrace the old adage "Home is where the heart is". When Ben and I got married, I moved from Texas, where I had lived for 16 years to New Mexico, where I knew no one save him. At first I experienced a few longings for my old life, but as I settled in and adjusted, I began to feel 'at home'. We've moved several times since we were married and I've trimmed my material possessions down to the bare necessities. I've come to realize that 'Home' is not the things we possess, but the place where we are together, the place where our hearts are. I live a humble life, not a life full of possessions, but a life full of love. Our physical home is a small apartment and my favorite place is my chair in the living room where I can curl up with a blanket and a cuppa and watch TV, read a book or scrap. The reason this is my favorite place? It's because it is the room where we spend most of our waking moments....together. But, no matter where we go, or what we take with us, we'll always have each other, so for this reason, I'll always be home and as we all know, There's No Place Like Home

2. Likes klgossia liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Ginger, for the great challenge. I had a lot of fun throughout the process.

http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/show...e-home&cat=796

Journaling

Word tag under house: After years of searching, we found the perfect house. There’s plenty of room for the kids and dogs outside and space for everyone inside. Being in my home fills me with joy.
    Under pool photo: I don’t live next to the ocean, so my pool is the next best thing. Sitting near the water brings a calmness over me. During the summer, I love to take moments to think and be alone. I also love it when the kids have friends over and they are playing, laughing, and being silly. I even love sharing “my” space with my friends too. Book club with the girls is even better pool side. It’s a lot of work keeping the water maintained, and I savor every moment that I can enjoy its beauty.
    Over Christmas tree photo: The only place I love more than my poolside refuge, is the gentle glow of my Christmas tree lights in my living room during the holidays. Winter is a difficult time for me and the tree balances me and brings me a sense of peace. When I am enjoying a quiet moment in the living room, my kids’ mother radar is activated and they quickly find me. Before I know it, I have someone talking to me or snuggling up beside me. There is no more perfect moment. I bask in the lights and love of my family.
    Kimberly

Please boogie down with this cutie until I finish my siggie

4. Likes klgossia liked this post
    lissykay is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Lissykay Designs

Post Thanks / Like

http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/showphoto.php?photo=120143&title=there-27s-no-place-like-home&cat=796

I never thought “things” were important until I lost my Nana. I grew up with her and spent so much time with her, regardless of the 6 hour drive to her home. She was so important to me that I gave her nickname Ginger to my daughter as her middle name. Little did I know, that act would cause her to leave her antique Ginger canisters to my daughter upon her death. That collection now is on display in my kitchen awaiting the time my daughter is older and on her own. Every time I walk in my kitchen, I am reminded of my Nana and all she meant to me.

6. Likes klgossia liked this post
    GingerScraps is online now Survivor *Digi-County Fair* Host
    The Queen
    *GingerBread Lady*
    Designer and Owner of GingerScraps

Post Thanks / Like

This tribal council is now closed!
    Remember to vote ladies!
    Whoot whoot!!!

8. Thanks trina513 thanked for this post
    Likes msbrad liked this post