GingerScraps is online now Survivor *Digi-County Fair* Host
    The Queen
    *GingerBread Lady*
    Designer and Owner of GingerScraps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Week 5 - There's No Place Like Home *Tribal Council*

Week 5 - There's No Place Like Home *Tribal Council*
    Rules-

• Deadline for layout to be posted is Wednesday, November 20th @ 11:59 PM eastern standard time. NO EXCEPTIONS
    • Late entries will not be excepted! Plan ahead, and give yourself time to upload and post on time!
    • You must post in TWO places (the tribal council thread for the week and the gallery for the weeks challenge).
    • Layout MUST post in "Week 5 There's No Place Like Home *Tribal Council*" in the forum *You are here now*
    • AND
    • Layout MUST be posted in the Season 4 *Oz* Gallery Challenge Week 5
    • LO must follow guidelines of the Week 5 -There's No Place Like Home Challenge
    • *Remember* Always credit the products you are using, when posting in the gallery. List the credits in the description box when uploading. When checking layouts, I need to be sure all products are from GS designer- so credits are crucial.

REMEMBER TO VOTE!!
    When:
    VOTING BEGINS- Thursday (Nov 21st) @ 12:30am EST
    VOTING ENDS- Sunday (Nov 24th) @ 7:00pm EST

Any votes cast prior to Thursday (Nov 21st) @ 12:30am EST will be throw out.
    Any votes cast after Sunday (Nov 24th) @ 7:00pm EST will be throw out.

Here is a link with all the info about voting- HERE
    *This is the time to look back at the players ENTIRE game and base your votes on all layouts, challenges, relationship building etc. Who do you think should WIN Survivor?*

In Tribal Council- this is not the place for chit chat or questions
    (it is serious business in here)....
    Just post your LO and link, that is ALL you should post in this thread!
    Direct all comments to the challenge thread, all questions to the questions thread, and head to the gallery to comment on layouts.

Post your LO - Your post MUST also include a link to your LO in the gallery.

Leaving love in the gallery is a great way to show support for your fellow competitors please do so in the Scrapping Survivor Season 4 - Oz Gallery

Chit Chat and trash talk is a fun part of this game.... make alliances, bribe your host ;) have FUN!! The area to do this all is Here- Scrapping Survivor- *Oz*{sign ups and chit chat}! Feel free to start threads, and chat about whatever you would like to chat about.
    One of the great things about this game is the chance to make some lasting friendships!

Have questions specifically about the Week 4 Challenge?
    Please ask them in the Q&A thread specifically for the Week 4 Challenge
    Here is a link- Week 4- Toto Saves the Day! *Q&A Thread*
    I will keep a running list of questions and answers updated in this top thread.
    Last edited by GingerScraps; 11-13-2013 at 06:44 AM.

mamaape is offline Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *Snickerdoodle*
    *GingerScraps Ad Team Lead

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Week 5 - There's No Place Like Home *Tribal Council*

3. Likes klgossia, crazyT, Ambelleina, MSPeeler liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

No Place like Home -- Image and Title are Linked

Journaling says -- In 2008 we were able to buy a new home! We got to customize it the way we wanted! It has everything we needed! 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a large eat in kitchen, huge living room and great size laundry room. We love our home! My children will grow up in this house and we will make a bunch of happy memories here! It is perfect for us! My favorite spot happens to be my computer desk! It was built for my by my very talented husband. I call my desk George because when my husband was building it for me I kept saying ďI will love it and squeeze it and call it George.Ē So that just stuck! I had been searching for the perfect desk and came across an idea I loved. I showed it to my husband and he said ďI can build you that.Ē It is perfect for me! Itís large enough for both of my monitors and has my filing cabinets that I need for his self-employment paperwork. Not only do I do all of the paper work for his business at my desk I make scrapbook memory pages for my children to cherish and have when they grow up. My desk is my personal favorite spot in the house! I spend more time at it than I do watching television.

Made using *
    Happy Homebody* By North Meets South Studios
    Monica
    Wife to 1 Great Husband
    Mom to 3 Awesome Girls and 1 Terrific Boy

5. Likes klgossia, MSPeeler liked this post
    MSPeeler is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/show...9608&nocache=1

Journaling: We moved into our home on October 31, 2004.It was quite a change, going from only 1,100 sq. ft. to 2,400 sq. ft. I’ll be honest, it took us a while to fill all the empty space! My favorite spot in our home, is the corner cushion of our couch. This couch is the first ever piece of furniture my husband and I purchased together after we were married. It has been with us for over 12 years. That is my spot, and everyone knows it. If you want to find mom, just look on the couch. I doubt we will ever get rid of it. It is so comfortable and broken in, it’s a part of us now.
    Last edited by MSPeeler; 11-16-2013 at 11:23 PM.

7. Likes klgossia, BlueHeartScraps liked this post
    msbrad is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

journaling- [starting around the edge]

Home is where we hang our memories...There's no place like home.... [these phrases go around the side and top edge]
    and then the journaling....

like home. How true is that! Home is where we hang our memories.
    Home is where we took our first steps. Home is where all the milestones
    of our life took place. Home is where there has been shared laughter
    as well as tears. These are the homes I have lived in. A part of
    remains in them as they do in me.Home is where your heart is.
    My favorite room is often referred to as“Domaine de Michelle”
    or “Command Central”. It is in this room that preservation of
    those memories takes place though my hobbies because
    There's no place like home.

m
    Michelle

9. Likes klgossia liked this post
    scrappinbella is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *Lead Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

My backyard is my refuge. It is the place where my flowers grow, where my orchids bloom, and where I raise my butterflies. It is a place where I hear my grandchildren squeal with laughter,and where we have gathered for weddings, anniversaries and deployment farewells. My most favorite spot, however, is the dock...the place where I am lucky enough to see dolphins and manatees,.and where, on a hot summer's night, I can see the mullet jumping out of the water. But, the most favorite time of all, is when I get to see the majestic sunsets. Each one so different.. each one taking my breath away..and to contemplate where this beauty comes from, makes me realize that I have a tiny bit of heaven right in my own back yard!
    ps the little arrow is pointing at a dolphin
    Awesome Survivor 2013! Good Luck Y'all..
    Last edited by scrappinbella; 11-17-2013 at 06:06 PM.

11. Likes klgossia liked this post
    sladd79054 is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

My home may not be my dream home but we are blessed to own 8 acres of land. My most favorite spot is our brook down in the back of our house. Different seasons bring different things from tadpoles, beavers, deer and children skating. I love to watch my children play and ice skate for hours in this peaceful and pristine place.
    Last edited by sladd79054; 11-17-2013 at 04:23 PM.

13. Likes klgossia liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

whew, almost didn't make it this week!! This was a toughy, I had to find three homes worth of photos!!!

Here is my layout

journaling reads:
    It’s true, houses will always change as we move from one location to another, but a home will always remain a home as that is where the heart lives from day to day. As we have moved from one house to another, the one thing we have noticed is that with each house, we have many new memories that we cherish and carry with us to the next house.
    Probably the most cherished memories have been the day we bought home each child from the hospital. The moment we entered the house, we took our new baby in to the living room and welcomed them to our home and growing family. If I were to think about a favorite room of the house, I wouldn’t know the answer. But after looking back at my photos throughout the years, I believe it is safe to say that my favorite room in a house is and will always be the living room, because that is where the memories are made. Memories like bringing home another family member from a baby even to our puppy, memories of Christmas, birthday and other celebrations. The living room is the place where Mama sets up her photo shoots of the children, the place where we play video games as a family, watch TV as a family. It may not be a room that is a favorite because of decoration or design, but it surely is a favorite room as that is where thousands, if not countless of memories have been made and will continue to be . made during our lives and our children’s lives! So yes, while our houses might always change from one location to another, I know the one thing to be true, we will always be together as a family in our living room making many more memories. Even as the children grow old, marry and move on, I know when they return, we will make new memories in our current living room. After all there's no place like home!
    I can't get photobucket to work.
    You know my name
    Neverland Scraps AKA: Wendy

15. Likes klgossia liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Link: http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/show...t-home&cat=796

Journal reads: This is our home. We bought our house just two months before Kayla was born and it's the only home my kids have ever known. It's not perfect, and there are many things on my wish list now that I didn't even give a thought about 15 years ago. The kitchen is way too small, and the floor plan is very constricted even though we have 1900 square feet of space. The master bedroom is a converted attic so the two long sides of the room are the roof of the house and angled. This makes it so there is only one place where the bed can go and with one small window it's incredibly dark in there. One of my original prerequisites was a dining room and it's probably the least used room in the entire house. My poor dining room table is a catch-all for anything and if I want to use it I have to clean it off first. My favorite place is in our family room. Our cheap futon that was one of our first major furniture purchases is the spot where you can find us enjoying time as a family. Many video games have been played and movie nights have been spent here. All our television programs are watched here and we've consumed many dinners here too. This is also the spot for a lazy Sunday afternoon cuddle and nap. There's no place like home…

17. Likes klgossia liked this post
    littleradtrio is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Little Rad Trio
    *{Staff} Winner of Survivor-Season 4 *Oz*

Post Thanks / Like

journaling reads: We started our new addition in May, then we had the joy of suffering significant water damage and ended up having to completely gut our house except for two bedrooms. We spent 4 months with my parents and just recently moved back home. Oh home! Thereís no place like home, even if we are still living out of boxes & suitcases. The house is so close to being done. Iím most excited for my new (just for me) walk in closet! I donít have to share it with anyone! Everytime I walk into it, I just smile and Iím all giddy. Now, to get it filled and unpack all my stuff. There is so much space, I canít imagine filling it. Oh, but I am a woman and I love clothes and shoes, so Iím sure it wonít be long before I run out of room.

19. Likes klgossia liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast