Post Thanks / Like

Default Working from home

I know that we all as mothers work from home hard hard hard.. My daughter is a single mom right now to 3 adorable kiddos that are 4,3 and 18 months. Babysitting costs high exceed a paycheck right now and due to being the stay at home mom while her ****** person she married**** worked outside of the home she has not had the opportunity to do schooling etc.. (she is however, going to be starting online schooling in January) anyway.. I am getting off subject.
    What kinds of work is available for a stay at home mom? How many of you work from home and how did you get the training or education to be able to do that work. She is trying to come up with her options and figure out how to support herself and 3 little ones and be there for them.
    I thought that this was the best way to get more options as I know that we all are AMAZING and have some great ways of supporting each other emotionally.. Not knowing where to start is overwhelming...

TIA

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Working from home

Doesn't sound like an easy situation to be in Some places will give you an opportunity to work with them in the field you are working towards in college. I wish I could be more help, I guess it depends on what she wants to do...

3. Thanks crazyT thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

She is going to be going into education (grade school age) and is doing some substituting now but, the babysitting prices will take most of that when I can't tend for her.

It is a much better situation that she is in now than when she was with him.. so we are grateful that she is in a safe place and away from the abusive enviroment. She is a strong girl and will do a great job. Just wants to see what options she might have in looking for work that can keep her at home for now, at least until the kids are older.

Everyone is much much happier and better off so that is the most important

Post Thanks / Like

That is great to hear! My sister went through a similar situation. as much as she hated it, she got state help while trying to get back on her feet. They helped pay for daycare costs.

Has she considered starting a daycare at home?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyT View Post
    She is going to be going into education (grade school age) and is doing some substituting now but, the babysitting prices will take most of that when I can't tend for her.

It is a much better situation that she is in now than when she was with him.. so we are grateful that she is in a safe place and away from the abusive enviroment. She is a strong girl and will do a great job. Just wants to see what options she might have in looking for work that can keep her at home for now, at least until the kids are older.

Everyone is much much happier and better off so that is the most important

msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

I admire her strength to get her schooling in and try to work and be there for her children. How wonderful you are able to watch some.
    A couple of thoughts - some HS have an early childhood daycare on campus that the HS kids take class in and under the watchful eye of a certified teacher. If she could get employment at the school in a position, that might work.
    - work at a daycare and take the children with. She might receive free care or a reduced fee for her children.
    - or watch a couple kids at home for $.

Keeping her in prayer.
    m
    Michelle

Post Thanks / Like

That's a tough situation... I know, because I've been there in very similar circumstances. My kids were roughly the same ages when I split up with my ex and found myself a 24 yo stay-at-home mom of three, with no income and only a year of university.

I did part time school from home, and did some daycare for two other kids. I found a job at a gym as well. I opened at 6am and was off at noon, so the kids barely even realized that I was gone. I was very lucky in that I found a grandmotherly retired lady who wanted to supplement her income, so the cost wasn't too high. She would come to my house, so I didn't have to deal with dragging them out of their beds that early.

I'd suggest that she try to find a job like that. Starbucks would be a good choice, as they pay higher than minimum wages and they offer other benefits as well. And the hours are all over the map, so it could work with whatever her schedule might be. (Early morning worked perfectly for me.)

Good luck to your daughter. It's tough now, but like you said, she's safe and so much better off!
    http://forums.gingerscraps.net/signaturepics/sigpic13501_5.gif

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions and love...all were a great ideas...I will give her these options as well