Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Winter Card Swap! <3

Who wants to join in a simple handmade winter card swap?

This will be a Christmas card, Hanukkah card, winter card, general holidays card--whichever you want to make and send! There is always some drama over whether to say Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Festivus or so on...this will be drama-free!

Sending a handmade card is an expression of thought and care and we won't care what we receive as long as it comes from that genuinely nice, warm fuzzy place, right? ;)

As always, here are the rules...

The Rules
    1. All you have to do is make a winter/holiday-related card, write something inside and mail it off. Create something that will make your partner smile when they see it! You can personalize it if you want, but this is creative free rein!

2. There is no price limit, but let's not make solid gold cards. That's just flashy. Or cards made of old tissues. That's just unsanitary.

3. You will be randomly matched, so you may get someone you've never talked to or someone you're digibffs with. Embrace the randomness!

4. Please, please, please do not commit unless you are 110% positive you can create your card and get it out on time. It's no fun to be waiting at the mailbox for a card that will never arrive! There is always someone who ends up sending out a craft but never receiving one, and that makes me sad.

5. If something comes up and you just cannot follow through, please PM me as soon as you realize there's an issue. I'm a constant card maker, so I have no issue drumming something up for your partner as long as I know. Don't leave me hangin'!

6. You must sign up by Wednesday November 20, 2013 at 11:59pm CT. Sign up by responding to this thread with the words "I'm in; sign me up!" I don't want to miss anyone, so get in with the magic words by the deadline and I'll list you below. (And tell me your first name if it's not obvious from your username, lol.) I will PM everyone for your mailing address after the sign up deadline, so be on the lookout!

7. Partners will be assigned and sent out Saturday November 23, 2013 by 11:59pm CT via PM here in the forum. I will announce that PMs are sent in this thread. Please check in for your assignment.

UPDATED!!! Cards must be completed and mailed off by Wednesday December 11, 2013. That gives you two weeks to make a card and get it in the mail, so if you get it done early, all the better and if not, you've got some time during your Thanksgiving recovery!

The Crafters
    Ambelleina - Christina
    mamaape - April
    Sarah - Sarah
    Atusia - Beata
    Stephanie H - Stephanie
    ScrappyCoyote - Laramie
    Crescent Moon Designs - Charly
    ptktj - Tricia
    shellbyj - Shellby
    Tamie - Tamie
    simplegirlscraps - Theresa
    Brandi - Brandi
    angeldevildog - Kim
    JaninAlberta - Jan
    CrazyT - Tracy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Winter Card Swap! <3

Boom.

3. Likes Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That was a confirmation to join btw. -_-

5. Thanks Ambelleina thanked for this post
    Likes Ambelleina liked this post
    Dislikes Ambelleina disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

SIGN ME UP!
    I have SO MANY hybrid templates for cards! I need to use them!!

7. Likes Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in. Sign me up, please.

9. Likes Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in; sign me up!

11. Likes Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'll play again! I received such a lovely card last time!! Thanks for doing this again!!

By the way, Christina, you'll get a laugh out of this. I have now learned a new saying. #YOLO. We were at Wendy's and I was cruising around the store.. asked hubby what #YOLO meant. He didn't know.. so was trying to look it up on the internet when a young man sitting behind us said, I can tell you what it means! You Only Live Once. So add one more to my newly acquired sayings! LOL
    Last edited by ScrappyCoyote; 11-13-2013 at 12:06 AM.

13. Likes missdamsel, Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sign me up please and Thank You
    Charly

15. Likes Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScrappyCoyote View Post
    By the way, Christina, you'll get a laugh out of this. I have now learned a new saying. #YOLO. We were at Wendy's and I was cruising around the store.. asked hubby what #YOLO meant. He didn't know.. so was trying to look it up on the internet when a young man sitting behind us said, I can tell you what it means! You Only Live Once. So add one more to my newly acquired sayings! LOL
    O
    M
    G

L
    O
    L
    !!!

That's hilarious! UGH, YOLO drives me crazy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ambelleina View Post
    O
    M
    G

L
    O
    L
    !!!

That's hilarious! UGH, YOLO drives me crazy!
    So I tried to explain to him learning about Duck Face and Deuces. He proceeded to explain that Duck Faces are from those teenage girls very low in the scheme of things. I told him about my Donald Duck layout.. and he said that put me at the top of things! LOL After all.. Donald is THE original Duck Face.. and also the original Angry Bird! LOL

Turned out he was there for an interview.. so I told his interviewer that he was a very personable young man. I couldn't brings myself to mention the "s" word.
    Last edited by ScrappyCoyote; 11-13-2013 at 04:08 AM.

18. Likes Ambelleina liked this post
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast