Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Point & Shoot Cameras

I love my Nikon Coolpix S4100-Hubby got it for me for Christmas 2 yrs ago...

2. Thanks craftytam thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Canon Powershot SX260 and I love it! Got it new last year for Christmas. However, since getting my Galaxy S4 (smartphone) I've been using that alone twice as much for photos, HA!

4. Thanks craftytam thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

There are some question you should ask yourself: The only thing I read is that you like a "small cam" - butīs what about the price. What is your focus on photos: portraits, landscapes?!?

Some points you should generally look for:

A good OPTICAL zoom! Digital zoomin is like enlarging with a photopramm: the photos loose quality and sharpness, they often get more and more imagenoise.

The performance of the battery: the best thing is a lithium-ion-accumulator - longliving and fast!

Do you prefer it to chose your settings manual or do you prefer automatic programs?!?

When I would have a look for such a really smart cam "for every day" my choice would be:

Lumix DMC-TZ25

High photo-quality, compact and fast!

Proud CT member of the GingerScrap Designers: SeaTroutScraps, LittleRadTrio, CreatedByJill, ViolaMoni, Lissykay and

Post Thanks / Like

lol I have the s3 and it takes better pics than my point and shoot. I quit using it unless I go to the beach or pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaape View Post
    I have a Canon Powershot SX260 and I love it! Got it new last year for Christmas. However, since getting my Galaxy S4 (smartphone) I've been using that alone twice as much for photos, HA!

7. Thanks craftytam thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Canon Powershot SX260 too- LOVE it!! My husband bought it for me right before we went to Walt Disney World and my pictures came out great!! I could use another battery though if you are planning on using it for an all day event. I was able to capture some amazing shots at Sea World of the whale and dolphin shows that I never could get with my older point and shoot. It zoomed in well and has lots of settings-many I have yet to figure out how to use, but it has lots of options. I think we paid $230.

My Blog Digital Layouts by 3BluEyedBabies FB

Proudly creating for Colie's Corner, 4MyBabiesScraps, & True North Scraps

9. Thanks craftytam thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kpmelly View Post
    There are some question you should ask yourself: The only thing I read is that you like a "small cam" - butīs what about the price. What is your focus on photos: portraits, landscapes?!?

Some points you should generally look for:

A good OPTICAL zoom! Digital zoomin is like enlarging with a photopramm: the photos loose quality and sharpness, they often get more and more imagenoise.

The performance of the battery: the best thing is a lithium-ion-accumulator - longliving and fast!

Do you prefer it to chose your settings manual or do you prefer automatic programs?!?

When I would have a look for such a really smart cam "for every day" my choice would be:

Lumix DMC-TZ25

High photo-quality, compact and fast!
    So much to think about! Thank you
    I generally leave the camera on auto and don't usually zoom because I don't want blurry photos.

Post Thanks / Like

A couple people mentioned cellphones, and while I agree that the quality of them is getting better, I doubt that P&S's will be going anywhere. People will always want something small and compact. P&S batteries last a LOT longer than a cellphone. You can switch out easily, a new battery and memory card if you drain or fill up the last one.
    Also, P&S, in the long run, are A LOT cheaper. Even if you get a free-upgrade on your cellphone, if you break it, you're out upwards of $600 if you have to replace out of contract. With a P&S, max I've seen is about $200-300, and even then, you can find them REALLY cheap on Ebay/Amazon, etc.
    But that's just my opinion. I've been mulling over the cellphone suggestion for awhile, .

12. Likes craftytam liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You are right about that. depending on how often I use my DSLR I maybe charge it once a month and my Fuji ever couple months... my cell phone every other day! When I bought my 2nd p&s I spent about $500 and I kicked myself for it. It was a great one, was a beginner for dslr's but still had that p&s ability but after spending a little bit more a few years later for the DSLR I thought I got ripped off some the 1st time lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    A couple people mentioned cellphones, and while I agree that the quality of them is getting better, I doubt that P&S's will be going anywhere. People will always want something small and compact. P&S batteries last a LOT longer than a cellphone. You can switch out easily, a new battery and memory card if you drain or fill up the last one.
    Also, P&S, in the long run, are A LOT cheaper. Even if you get a free-upgrade on your cellphone, if you break it, you're out upwards of $600 if you have to replace out of contract. With a P&S, max I've seen is about $200-300, and even then, you can find them REALLY cheap on Ebay/Amazon, etc.
    But that's just my opinion. I've been mulling over the cellphone suggestion for awhile, .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gina329 View Post
    You are right about that. depending on how often I use my DSLR I maybe charge it once a month and my Fuji ever couple months... my cell phone every other day! When I bought my 2nd p&s I spent about $500 and I kicked myself for it. It was a great one, was a beginner for dslr's but still had that p&s ability but after spending a little bit more a few years later for the DSLR I thought I got ripped off some the 1st time lol.
    You're lucky you only have to charge every other day! I have to charge my twice a day, if I'm lucky!!

Post Thanks / Like

My 'purse camera' is a Sony Cybershot DSC-HX9V. (the current version is DSC-HX50V and runs retail about $450). I bought it in 2011 when we were going to Paris, and I didn't want to lug around my huge (and expensive!) DSLR. So I picked this one up for about $400 at the time. I went with what I felt was the best quality P&S I could find at that time. I have been thrilled with it ever since! Its the only camera I usually have with me when I travel now. Great Zoom, nice photos, the ability to go manual if I want... all in an itty bitty package!
    Don't get me wrong... I wouldn't dream of giving up my DSLR! I need it for portraits and designing, but for day to day photos... and almost all vacation/trips... my little Sony rocks!

Designing as Keystone Scraps {store} {blog} {facebook} {gallery}

16. Thanks craftytam thanked for this post
    Likes craftytam liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast