Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Point & Shoot Cameras

Well, my poor little point & shoot's LCD has a crack in it... again I have had to replace so many of them because of the LCD cracking. I'm not even sure how it happened this time.
    Anyway, I'm not at the point where I want to lug around a DSLR, so I'm back in the market for another point & shoot. I like small cameras because I'm a bit clumsy ( maybe that's why so many of my cameras have broken?)
    Do you have a point & shoot you would recommend? Or are you like most people & just use your smart phone now? PS...I don't have a smart phone (see "clumsy" reference above).

2. Likes trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Point & Shoot Cameras

I have the Nikon CoolPix AW 100. It takes amazing photos and it waterproof (we used it on vacation for pictures of swimming with the sea turtles). This link is for the AW110 - they are the same, I think the 110 has a blue tooth option and maybe a bit more resolution. My mom has a smaller CoolPix and she likes how easy it is to use.

http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/coolpix/aw/aw110/

4. Thanks craftytam thanked for this post
    emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

I have a point and shoot, and love it! I got it last Christmas, but I get the same kind everytime. I LOVE Sony CyberShot. It's the DSC-HX9V. Has 16x zoom and a nice big 3' LCD. It can handle a bunch! I'm *clumsy*, too! I even dropped my "baby" from a Stagecoach...LOL! It has a crack on the side, but still works! It's sorta okay in the dark, but I have to edit it a bunch. I've had Sony's for the past 3 cameras. The biggest downfall is the battery. It only uses Sony! And it's not cheap! LOL!

6. Thanks craftytam thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a nice Canon PowerShot D20 (underwater camera) before we went to Hawaii. It's a great camera ...but I always have my iPhone on me and it takes terrific pictures so having my PnS and my phone is one item too many. And as for clumsy, I've dropped my phone soooo many times but it's in an OtterBox case and it takes the abuse not my phone.

8. Thanks craftytam thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I will add that the CoolPix AW100 (and 110) are shockproof for dropping too.

Post Thanks / Like

I want an ELPH by Canon. I had an A3400 but it fell in the washer (it works EVERYWHERE but the lens).
    I've had NO issues with my Canons, but my Sonys and Nikons got slower and slower the longer I had them.

Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to wirelessly transfer your images to social networking sites through CANON iMAGE GATEWAY#; to a PC or upload virtually anywhere on your iOS or Android device* with the free download of the Canon CameraWindow app**
    The PowerShot ELPH 330 HS is equipped with enhanced built-in Wi-Fi for on-the-go convenience when you want to share what you've recorded with friends, family and the whole world. The camera can connect directly to both iOS and Android devices*, and upload images via the free Canon CameraWindow app** without a computer. Easily post your images to your favorite social networking sites through CANON iMAGE GATEWAY# or save them to the online photo album to share anytime, anywhere. The camera's built-in Wi-Fi also lets you transfer images and video directly to your computer to update friends and family while you're traveling or out and about. Enhanced Wi-Fi makes posting in real time possible, so you can keep everyone up to date with photos even as events unfold. Easily control the destination of your uploads to social networking sites; share with everyone, or send photos to selected groups. Post to groups, add comments, and edit and upload MOV video files from both iOS and Android devices*. Frequently used devices and accounts are stored in the camera's Wi-Fi history menu, so you can immediately connect with a simple touch. Share with other Wi-Fi equipped PowerShot cameras, send images to your computer, and print your photos to Wi-Fi compatible printers^. Built-in Wi-Fi on the PowerShot ELPH 330 HS makes it easier than ever for you to express your creative flair, and share it with the entire world!

11. Thanks craftytam thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a fuji that's waterproof... I really want to update it to the nikon one. I have a dslr but it really isn't ideal for the beach and stuff for me. How does it do with indoor pics? The fuji really bites the dust inside
    Quote Originally Posted by StephanieH View Post
    I will add that the CoolPix AW100 (and 110) are shockproof for dropping too.

Post Thanks / Like

Nikon coolshot is the one that I got my kids and they love it.

14. Thanks craftytam thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gina329 View Post
    I have a fuji that's waterproof... I really want to update it to the nikon one. I have a dslr but it really isn't ideal for the beach and stuff for me. How does it do with indoor pics? The fuji really bites the dust inside
    I think it takes great indoor pictures. As with any P&S, if the lighting is real low, you have to mess with the settings some...but I've taken a picture of my puppy in almost complete darkness (using the night setting) and it turned out decent.

16. Thanks craftytam thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I've always had Canons, I don't consider myself brand-loyal, but I guess I tend to gravitate towards the familiar. I've read that point & shoot cameras are going the way of the dinosaurs because smart phone cameras are getting so much better. Hmmm... looks like I need to do a lot more research!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast