Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Week 4 - Toto Saves the Day! *Tribal Council*

When Skies Are Gray {Ponytails Designgs}
    Journaling reads: One Monday, I went to Walmart and I bought a little male yellow male beta. I chose the perfect name for him, Little Hufflepuff. He was a great fish, then when I went to feed him, he was floating on top of the water. Dad told me he was dead. It was so sad. Now, I wish he never died. I'm still very sad, but I won't let it ruin my whole life.
    Mom note: The fish lasted 2 months. I know he made it sound like it was that day, but he enjoyed L.H. for longer than that.

2. Likes crazyT liked this post
    yabby is offline Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

created using
    Unforgettable Moments Spice of Life template

with
    Seatrout Scraps Hinterland kit

font Whirly

journaling: While I was in the Army I had a Red Tail Boa named Alex and she was about 3 ft long. Many of my friends also had reptiles and when they went to the field I was the reptile sitter. Many people are afraid of snakes but as long as you respect and care for them they make wonderful pets.

made with pieces from Kathy Winters Pet Shop

4. Likes crazyT liked this post
    scrappinbella is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Lead Sugar Cookie*

Post Thanks / Like

Betty's mama was a street dog who delivered a litter of 7 pups under an abandoned house and died of starvation 3 weeks after the pups were born, and that was when I brought Brown Betty home in 1995. She weighed 5 lbs and looked like a chubby bear cub. That night when I bathed her, what I thought were scabs on top of her ears, turned out to be flea nests! As she grew, she was not a service dog, nor was she very smart. She did not do tricks or even fetch, But, what she did do was lay for hours with the grandkids. She always had either her stuffed baby or a human baby at her side. We would say she had A.D.D., but, it turned out that she was deaf. She responded when I clapped and signaled with my hands. Sweet Betty was a body pillow, a foot warmer and a pony for all the grandkids to ride(and even their parents when they were younger). Betty was everyone's dog...she had no favorites. She was, gentle, loving and patient. At age 12 she was diagnosed with throat cancer. The doctor was always amazed that she had lasted "yet another year", when she was expected to live only 6 months. She had beautiful brown eyes that seemed to look right into my soul like the wisest of sages. These same brown eyes looked at me the morning she could no longer get up. Her eyes looked into my soul again as if saying "Mom, it's time, I can't do this anymore...help me". Our darling Betty crossed the bridge that morning, on her birthday, 15 yrs after I brought her home in 1995. I still miss seeing her on her carpet with a stuffed baby by her face... Always the protector...we loved you so, sweet girl!
    Fall Land by Craft-tastrophic

6. Likes crazyT, MSPeeler liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Journaling:
    Nyla , our husky, joined our pack when she was about 5 years old! (And Yes! Those are really her eyes) She was shelter bound because her owner didn’t have the time or the room to keep her. She was afraid of adults but so gentle with children.
    She spent most of her time in a yard but now she has a spot on the couch that she thinks is hers! Huskys are known for “talking” and Nyla is no exception! If we come home and don’t pet her or give her attention she expects, she will give us little
    howls until we do! We have given her our hearts and she has given us hers!

Kits: Dashing Through the Snow by Kathy Winters, Doggie Wisdom Word art by Kathy Winters, and Dog Elements from Fur-Ever Friends by Aprilisa

Created with Fresh Start by Simple Girl Scraps
    Proudly Creating for: Kathy Winters, CathyK Designs, Simple Girl Scraps, Crescent Moon Designs
    Ladybug Scraps, The Scrappy Kat, Little Rad Trio, and Susan Godfrey Designs

8. Likes crazyT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Super cute pages!!! Here's mine:

Journaling reads:

I love both cats and dogs, but my allergies will not cooperate, so I enjoy my outdoor critters. . When I retired, my hubby set up a huge variety of bird feeders just outside my kitchen window and I have to admit that I spend an embarrassing amount of time watching my birds. With bird feeders, comes squirrels who believe that all outdoor food is intended for them! One of my squirrels has learned to watch for me in the window. When she sees me, she scampers up to the deck railing and looks in the window with her best “pllleeease may I have a peanut” face. Who can resist? I grab a peanut and head out the door where she is waiting for me. I make her lean forward so she will put her paw on my hand…so soft and gentle. If she’s content with that, she grabs the peanut and takes off. If she is going to want another one, she sits on the railing to enjoy and comes back for another one. She’s just a squirrel, but she’s my Peanut Girl.

Inspiration Template Picture Perfect 57 by Aprilisa. All elements and papers from this month’s buffet: Be Blessed by Blue Heart Scraps, Never Give up by CathyK Designs, A Life That’s Good by Trixie Scraps and Squirrelly Fall Fun by Kathy Winters Designs. Alpha Tiles from God Gave me You by Trixie Scraps.

10. Likes crazyT liked this post

I'm from the country and I like it that way, Kansas
    Post Thanks / Like

Kit: Trashed, Tattered and Torn Designs by Connie Prince - Leaves recolored
    Template: Picture Framed Vol. 1 by Pixelily Designs
    Journaling: Ryan & Earl had a special connection, especially considering the fact that Earl was truly a wild animal. We considered him our pet even though we never caged him in. We raised him from a bottle, taught him to drink from the trough & hand fed him corn. He came & went as he pleased & often brought his girlfriends to visit. Earl waited on the front porch at the door for Ryan to come out & on more than one occasion he came right into the house! Earl would nuzzle Ryan & beg him to play. He would put his front hooves on his shoulders and hug him! Earl even rode in the back of Ryan’s pickup! If he wasn’t in the pickup & Ryan honked he would run alongside him, chasing him home! In the field Earl would wait for Ryan under the truck or walk beside the tractor! Neighbors started telling stories about the deer that walked right up to them, it was unbelievable! We were quite upset when a neighbor shot Earl because he was frightened by him.

12. Likes crazyT, MSPeeler liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I used Autumn Kiss by Wendy Tunison Designs

My Journaling:
    My dad came home with Kandi when I was about 6 years old. She was a happy, energetic, playful dog. In her life, she had two litters of adorable puppies. One day, when I was 12, she slowed down and after a while my father took her to the
    vet where she was diagnosed with cancer. We were told that there wasn’t a cure, and they could only make her “comfortable.” She was given a cortisone shot where she transformed back into almost being a puppy again. About 6 months later, we came out of the house and found her laying in her favorit spot, under the grape vines. She wasn’t moving, just watching us with her eyes. I sat down and said goodbye. She died later that afternoon. She was buried under the grape vines, to rest forever in her favorite spot.

14. Likes crazyT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Image is linked.

Thanks for a great challenge. I found this picture of Sam in my stash. 100% GS using Keystone Scraps A Debonair Gentleman, Wendy Tunison Designs Pet Parade and Masks Set 1 by Violamoni

Journaling Reads:

Sam came to visit for two weeks and stayed for years after. Our youngest son was working part time, while going to high school, at Hurley's Men Shop. The owner's daughter had a dog named Same. She couldn't take him to her new home with her so Eric volunteered to take Sam for a few weeks, until she could find a home for him. My husband was against it as he knew Eric would be leaving for college in about a year and feared we'd have a permanent guest. Of course I was the one who said yes to the visit as it'd only be a couple of weeks. Well true to my husband's fears Sam did stay permanently with us. Sam was used to city living and being on a leash, so when he moved to the country he just loved his freedom. He would break loose and go on his adventures. There was no way to "chase" him down. He'd let you get a couple of feet from him and then go running off. It was a game to him. He would love to go over to our neighbor's house as they had a copule of dogs in their yard. We'd go to pick him up and he'd be in their house while their two dogs were tied up outside. How they must have hated that. Sam finally got over his wandering and truly became my husband's dog. He became a member of the family. The kids left home to begin their own lives and Sam stayed on with us.

16. Likes crazyT liked this post
    msbrad is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Oz week 4 My Wedding Day and Pogo

journaling-
    Although Pogo was "technically" family dog, she was my dog growing up. After moving out on my own, she remained at the house I grew up in. When my parents vacationed,
    she would stay with me.

One day I was walking her near my condo. As
    we returned something caught her eye, actually her
    nose and she took off! Much to my surprise she
    went running toward a neighbor’s unit. He was
    outside grilling on a little hibachi. My dog tried to
    eat the chicken off the grill. I was horrified she
    would be burned! As I ran after her...the man in
    the unit came running, yelling assorted words...about my dog and his chicken. He caught her, I finally caught up and we chatted for a few minutes.

---fast forward--

We became friends and married 13 months later. June 26, 1982
    m
    ps- I so wanted Pogo to be in the wedding but Mama said no. If it wasn't for that doggie.....
    Michelle

18. Thanks Neverland Scraps thanked for this post
    Likes Rebecca_psp, Neverland Scraps, crazyT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

100% Ginger Scraps. Image is linked to the gallery.
    kit: X Marks the Spot by Keystone Scraps
    template: After Party 2 Template by M&M Designs
    Journaling (main body): You captured my heart from day one. I loved you everyday that you were with me. I loved coming home and having my 100 lb. lap child sitting on my lap. I love how you would greet me with a hug and a kiss the moment I walked in the door. You would jump up put a paw on my shoulder and a paw on my hip and give me a kiss. You were so gentle you would cry when the other puppies had your toy. I loved how you would not bark when someone was at the door you would just open the blinds with your head and look then come put your paw under my shoulder and lift my shoulder to say come wiht you. If you got scared you would sit on my lap at attention and look around but stay with me to protect me. You truly were a treasure to me that I love with all my heart. I am truly thankful for everyday you were with me.
    (upper right circle) Keeper of My Heart
    (upper left circle) My Protector
    (lower right circle) Sep 1993 to Mar 2002

Link to the gallery is http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/show...easure&cat=795

20. Likes crazyT liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast