tiggernjen is online now Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Week 4 - Toto Saves the Day! *Tribal Council*

This was really a challenge for me this week...Here's mine:

Journaling:
    When Jeremy and Stephanie got engaged, they had their photos taken at the place where they first met. They wanted to include Mia in the photo shot, since she was their first dog together.

Proudly Creating for
    Keystone Scraps, Adriana's Cafe
    Fit 2 Be Scrapped and Magical Scraps Galore

robinsismai is online now Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Sugar Cookie*

Post Thanks / Like

Simplicity and Simply Red from Wendy Tunison Designs
    Cold As Ice 3 template from M&MDesigns

Journaling reads:

Oreo came into our lives as a pup. I took one look at the white patch on his chest and said "You look like an Oreo" The kids loved the name and it stuck. He wasn't very trusting of us at first. Joe had rescued him from a poor situation and it took time for the trust to build. He had the closest bond with Carolyn. She taught him many tricks, most in only one day. If she stomped her foot once, he would lay down. If she stomped her foot twice, he would roll over. The house we were living in was set up so the kitchen opened into the back room which opened up into the dining room, which in turn opened up into the kitchen, forming a loop. Carolyn would run the loop and Oreo would chase her. When Carolyn got tired of running, she would jump into the living room where Oreo was not allowed on the carpet. It was so funny to watch him skid to a stop at the very edge of the carpet. We were never sure of his breed, but suspected that he was part Border Collie. When we would let him loose in the back yard, he would run herding patterns. It was such a joy to watch him run free and fast. It was amazing to watch the bond grow between Oreo and the kids. We still miss the joy that he brought into our lives.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's mine! Credits are in the gallery
    http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/show...f-love&cat=795

Journaling:
    Keysha is the newest addition to the family. No other dog has loved me more than she does. (And I’ve had 14.) No matter what I do, she is there. At my desk, she lays on my tote bags. When I work in the yard, she lays on the bushes I’m trimming. If I’m blowing leaves she stands in front of the blower. (She’s not the smartest dog, I believe.) The one command I give her most is “Out”. “Out” of the bathroom. “Out”of the kitchen. “Out” of way. Even “Out” of the photo. Despite it all, she is an absolute love. Even when she is photo bombing my pictures or eating my chalk, she loves me. And I love her.
    Kimberly

Please boogie down with this cutie until I finish my siggie

4. Likes Rebecca_psp liked this post
    missdamsel is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

Here is mine:

The journaling reads: When we left Bastrop we left Rachel’s Moo Kitty with her sister and promised her a new kitty once we bought a house. Within a week of moving into our house we headed to the pound to find a tiny little girl kitty. When we arrived, we found our love in a big orange 10 month boy kitty named Benny. We brought Benny home and renamed him Oliver. Oliver quickly became our protector, our entertainment and completely comfortable in his new forever home.
    Last edited by missdamsel; 11-11-2013 at 12:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Template: Templatopia 10 by Ponytail Designs
    Kit: Refresh by Ponytail Designs

Journaling:
    When I was in the fifth grade, I got to go pick my first dog. Nikki was a white German shepherd. She was so adorable. Through the years I was able to show her in the 4-H dog program. She and did a lot together. She even would ride the jet ski with me and, to my mother’s dismay, share a sucker with me. When I left for school, she always greeted me so warmly when I came home and would still try to go everywhere with me, even though it was getting more difficult with the years. Although I was not surprised to get the call that she had passed away, I was still very sad to know that she would not be waiting for me the next time I came home to visit next.

Post Thanks / Like

Sammy To The Rescue

Journaling:
    I have been blessed with some pretty amazing dogs. Most have been rescues with their own unique stories. Sammy is no exception. When Joe wanted to go to the Paw For A Cause event, he had no idea why. He just knew that he HAD to go. I told him we really didn’t need another dog, but agreed to go. We really weren’t more than 50 ft in when I saw Sammy... and said... I want that one!

Sammy and his sister were barely seven weeks old. The two pups had just been picked up the night before and more time was needed with a surrogate mother and each other before either pup would go to a forever home. The day of the event, I didn’t even get to touch or hold Sammy. All I knew was that he was somehow special and I needed him.
    I have COPD and there are days that just getting me around is a real feat. What on earth was I going to do with an energetic puppy? There were some days when I would sit and wonder just what I had gotten myself in to. How would I keep up with this “little dude”? But I did. Having Sammy was actually better than any pulmonary rehab (though I do admit to having learned techniques that enabled me to get through a day chasing after him).
    Sammy is the only dog that ever chewed through my oxygen tubing. He ate my nasal pillows and countless other things, including my Tinkerbell socks. He has been quite the handful. I called on all of my strength many days to be his momma.
    I have taken more stairs than I ever thought imaginable. Played more tug of war and fetch. Shared first “my chair” and then the loveseat when the two of us no longer fit together. We have bonded in ways I didn’t know possible.
    He still keeps me on my toes, that’s for sure. Sammy has been both my protector, keeping the other dogs away from me on my “weak” days, and my therapist. We’ve been together for about 1-1/2 years now. Because of Sammy, my breathing is greatly improved. I have a constant companion that not only knows my strengths and weaknesses, but strives to improve those weaknesses every day.

I know why we went that day. I needed Sammy. He rescued me.

Credits:
    Template:
    M&M Designs: It's A Spring Thing Background Stackers (template 2)
    Mask:
    Violamoni Mask Vol 1 (mask 4)
    Papers:
    Trixie Scraps: November Daily Download (Best Year Ever)
    Aprilisa: Fur-ever Friends
    Frame:
    Aprilisa: Fur-Ever Friends
    Flowers and Leaves:
    Designs by Connie Prince: Abundantly Blessed
    Designs by Connie Prince: Falling Collection
    Trixie Scraps: November Daily Download (Best Year Ever)
    Ribbon:
    Designs by Connie Price: 525500 Minutes
    Font: Kefa

Please note: Gallery posting contains links to all of the credits in the store (except the daily download kit which links to the GingerScraps blog)

emscraps is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*

Post Thanks / Like

OMG, I really need to stop these last minute uploads, it's giving me heart palpitations!!

Here is the journaling: Let me start by saying this is not Onizuka Godzilla. This is Joey’s lizard, Sundial. But seeing Sundial reminds me of my pet iguana when I was younger. I got “Zuka” when I was in college from my brother. He had one, too, and the two of them lived together in the same aquarium. I remember taking him out to hold and telling him about my day at school, I would feed him tofu and sometimes for a treat, crickets. One day my brother decided to sell his iguana, but I wanted to keep my Zuka. Iguanas get attached with other iguanas. Without my brother’s iguana Zuka became sad and did not eat for a long time. I took him to the vet one day, but he was already really weak. Within a few days he passed away. I remember coming home from school and just crying all day. We buried him the next day and I cried some more. A year passed and I still did not want another pet, but amazingly, we spotted another iguana in the backyard. I knew it was impossible to be Zuka, but it helped me have closure to know he still loved us. Maybe one day we can get another iguana.
    Pet Parade by Wendy Tunison
    Beneath the Beauty by Connie Prince

9. Likes MSPeeler liked this post
    mamaape is offline Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Snickerdoodle*
    *GingerScraps Ad Team Lead

Post Thanks / Like

Journaling Reads:

I have never been without the unconditional love of a pet.
    Many companions have come and gone, with the tears of a beloved furry friend departing there are great memories to be cherished. I knew that my own children would always know the love of a pet, would be able to make those memories,cherish those bonds.

It's amazing how my dog turned into his dog.

My eldest son as claimed Alfie as his own, his best friend and playmate. A day doesn’t go by where these two aren’t together. Snuggled up or running circles around the house. Aaron insists on holding the leash when walking Alfie, insists on opening the door himself to let Alfie outside, insists on feeding Alfie his breakfast and dinner. I love watching him learn responsibility while having fun with his best bud.

And every time I see Aaron wrap his arms around Alfie in a tight hug, I know these two are forever inseparable.

11. Likes kpmelly, MSPeeler liked this post
    GingerScraps is online now Survivor *Digi-County Fair* Host
    The Queen
    *GingerBread Lady*
    Designer and Owner of GingerScraps

Post Thanks / Like

This is now closed- any layouts posted after this will not be excepted.
    Voting is open!
    Remember to vote!

13. Thanks trina513 thanked for this post
    Likes crazyT liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234