GingerScraps is offline Survivor *Digi-County Fair* Host
    The Queen
    *GingerBread Lady*
    Designer and Owner of GingerScraps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Week 4 - Toto Saves the Day! *Tribal Council*

Week 4 - Toto Saves the Day! *Tribal Council*
    Rules-

• Deadline for layout to be posted is Sunday, November 10th @ 11:59 PM eastern standard time. NO EXCEPTIONS
    • Late entries will not be excepted! Plan ahead, and give yourself time to upload and post on time!
    • You must post in TWO places (the tribal council thread for the week and the gallery for the weeks challenge).
    • Layout MUST be posted in the Season 4 *Oz* Gallery Challenge Week 4
    • AND
    • Layout MUST post in "Week 4 - If I only had... *Tribal Council*" in the forum *You are here now*
    • *Remember* Always credit the products you are using, when posting in the gallery. List the credits in the description box when uploading. When checking layouts, I need to be sure all products are from GS designer- so credits are crucial.
    • LO must follow guidelines of the Week 4 - Toto Saves the Day! Challenge.

REMEMBER TO VOTE!!
    When:
    VOTING BEGINS- Monday (Nov 11th) @ 12:30am EST
    VOTING ENDS- Tuesday (November 12th) @ 7:00pm EST
    Here is a link with all the info about voting- HERE

In Tribal Council- this is not the place for chit chat or questions
    (it is serious business in here)....
    Just post your LO and link, that is ALL you should post in this thread!
    Direct all comments to the challenge thread, all questions to the questions thread, and head to the gallery to comment on layouts.

Post your LO - Your post MUST also include a link to your LO in the gallery.

Leaving love in the gallery is a great way to show support for your fellow competitors please do so in the Scrapping Survivor Season 4 - Oz Gallery

Chit Chat and trash talk is a fun part of this game.... make alliances, bribe your host ;) have FUN!! The area to do this all is Here- Scrapping Survivor- *Oz*{sign ups and chit chat}! Feel free to start threads, and chat about whatever you would like to chat about.
    One of the great things about this game is the chance to make some lasting friendships!

Have questions specifically about the Week 4 Challenge?
    Please ask them in the Q&A thread specifically for the Week 4 Challenge
    Here is a link- Week 4- Toto Saves the Day! *Q&A Thread*
    I will keep a running list of questions and answers updated in this top thread.
    Last edited by missdamsel; 11-11-2013 at 02:28 AM. Reason: changed week 3 to week 4

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Week 4 - Toto Saves the Day! *Tribal Council*

Here is mine!

My Papillon My Shadow -- http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/show...8187&nocache=1

Journaling says -- 5 months ago I decided it was time to fill the void that losing my dog 4 years ago made. I looked online and found all sorts of breeds that I knew nothing about. So I searched the breeds that I knew and Papillon came up in my search. So I read about them and knew that this was the breed for me! I found you online and the lady agreed to meet me the next day! She brought a couple of your siblings with her for me to pick from. You were the only one who would come to me and let me hold you! As soon as I picked you up you licked me. I knew you were suppose to be my dog! In the last 4 and a half months you have become my shadow. You healed the void I lived with for so long and helped me learn to live again! You are playful when itís playtime and you are loving when itís nap time. You are everything I needed you to be! I have learned to sew you things and even got you a car seat so you will be safe in the van when we take the kids to and from school! You have healed parts of me that I had forgotten were broken! Iíve learned to bake you homemade treats so that I can protect you from the bad things in the store bought treats. I have gotten you subscribed to BarkBox so that you get mail too! You are treated like a baby in this house and you love every second of it! I am thankful I found you!! You may love all of the members of our family but you are for sure 100% My baby!

Made using *Puppy Dogs Kit, Furry Friends Alpha Add On, Furry Friends Word Bits, and leaf from Project 2013: September Kit* all by Connie Prince
    Monica
    Wife to 1 Great Husband
    Mom to 3 Awesome Girls and 1 Terrific Boy

3. Likes klgossia, crazyT, MSPeeler liked this post
    trina513 is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *Lead GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

[ url=http://store.gingerscraps.net/Blissful-Day-Template-Pack.html]Blissful Day [Template Pack] by Pixelily Designs[/url]

[ url=http://store.gingerscraps.net/Fur-ever-Friends-Kit.html]Fur-ever Friends Kit by Aprilisa Designs[/url]

[ url=http://store.gingerscraps.net/Fur-ever-Friends-Alpha.html]Fur-ever Friends Alpha by Aprilisa Designs[/url]

[ url=http://store.gingerscraps.net/Fur-ever-Friends-Wordarts.html]Fur-ever Friends WordArt by Aprilisa Designs[/url]

Journaling: It was so nice when we finally had a dog in the house again, it had been about 4 months after we had to say good-bye to Bailey. 4 months of having to clean up all the crumbs from the kids, 4 months of not having a dog to help keep my feet warm, And I know we can’t not possibly replace Bailey and fill the hole he left after being a part of my life for 14 years, it sure is nice to have a cute cuddly puppy to call our own! We love you already Lily!
    April 2012

Lily, you may not be our whole life, but you make our lives whole!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

5. Likes klgossia, crazyT liked this post
    sladd79054 is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I wonder why we ever got a beagle for a pet. The annoying bark, the constantly getting into the garbage, he can get anything off of the counter etc, etc, etc. Even though he is naughty most of the time, he is a member of our family who we love tremendously and wouldn’t trade him for the world. He is awesome with children and he is so loveable. He is most happiest if he is sitting on your lap. We love you Hunter.

7. Likes crazyT, klgossia liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my week four, was emotional this time, a departure for me...

http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/show...118336&cat=795

Journaling...
    My whole life I wanted a dog. When I got married, we waited until we had the right house with enough room and finally the day came to go pick up Rupert and bring him home! He was the most amazing dog there ever was! He was very social and had friends in strangers immediately. He was a gentle giant...a 100+ pound hound dog that thought he was a lap dog! He’d cuddle you on the couch by ‘plopping’ right on top of you, resting his sweet face in the crook of your leg. He was so well behaved...even (reluctantly) got into the bathtub on command for a bath. When we had kids, he was amazing...he let them give him his commands for treats, roll on him, play with him, use him as a pillow and he only ever gave me ‘the look’ that said, “Really, Mom, they are allowed to do this?” He was loyal, always there to comfort me and cuddle me at the end of the day. And protective, he hated when the family was separated in the house, standing guard somewhere between us, aware of all our whereabouts. He never chewed anything, bit anyone, growled or got cranky. But was always in your way, standing right behind you at the sink awaiting your next move, wanting your attention, wanting to love on you. He was a family man for sure, not only with us but with neighbors too, and people were excited to babysit him when we had to leave him for a vacation. As much as I love animals and miss having his soul around everyday, I don’t think I want another dog, no dog could live up to his memory. He was my first and was perfect, I can’t imagine another, maybe someday. When we were set to move overseas for the Navy, Rupert was 11 years old, 2-3 years beyond his life expectancy already! We knew the 24 hour journey and the travel wouldn’t be good for him. So, his Auntie Jennie graciously took him in as part of her family. The night before he left, we had a “Bone” Voyage party for him and all his human friends came to give him Milk Bones slathered in peanut butter and say goodbye. It broke my heart to say goodbye because even though I never said it out loud, I knew he wouldn’t make it until we moved back, so it really was goodbye. Rupert went to the Rainbow Bridge to wait for us 4 months after we moved. I hope he didn’t die of a broken heart...a part of me really believes he did. I wish everyone in the world could have met him, he was a special being indeed and will be missed forever by us and by many other people he touched. His official name was Rupert Sullivan Gregory. We called him Rupert Poopert Puppy Boy, Super Rupert, and most often Rupie. The BEST dog in the world!

9. Likes crazyT, klgossia liked this post
    Harmonystar is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: HarmonyStar

Post Thanks / Like

Chocolate Lover's Delight by Bekah E DesignsKit Journal BlocksPhoto mask from Nature's Delight Accent Clusters by HarmonystarJournaling:Anna Karenina, Named so because she is pretty and irresistible. She looks a tad bit Russian if you ask me. She's a cat so she's bound to beat least a little crazy and most importantly itis to remind us to get her fixed before she runs off with other neighborhood cats makingmore kittens. What a surprise we got when we did take her in to the vet and found outshe is a He contrary to what we were told. Too late now, Anna it is. Oh how that kids love you and you love the kids. I love how you follow them around when they play outside. Such a sweet kitty.

11. Likes crazyT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Journal reads:

When I was growing up, my parents raised rabbits. Many of my fond childhood memories involve the bunnies that I would bring in from the barn to play with. Now my children are learning to love and care for our two fur-babies.

I used 35mm by Wendy Tunison and Pretty in Green.

13. Likes crazyT liked this post
    MSPeeler is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my handsome little Love!

http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/show...118430&cat=795

Journaling:
    Mine and my husbands first fur baby was named Chino. I still think of him often, although he has been gone for a couple of years now. He wasn’t the “best” dog, but he was the best dog for me.
    He loved me unconditionally and I will forever love and miss him.

15. Likes crazyT liked this post
    shellbyj is online now Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Snickerdoodle*
    *GingerScraps Ad Team

Post Thanks / Like

Journalling Reads:

Elphaba (Elphie for short) adopted us 5 years ago when she was nine months old living at a no kill shelter. She convinced me to give black cats a chance. When the hubby and I went looking for a cat, I did not want a female or a black cat and I ended up with a black female cat and I will never go back. Elphie was in the back room and greeted us, I picked her up and she immediately started purring. She has been mine ever since.
    Elphie is not your typical cat. We refer to her as dog cat. She has many of the qualities usually reserved for dogs. She greets us at the door when we come home, and she meows when we leave. She seems so thrilled to see us and will not leave us alone until we pet her. She comes when I call her name. She loves people and loves attention. She purrs constantly and doesn't mind being man handled. She comes back wanting more attention! Elphie has the best temperament. She is easy going and doesn't mind when my 17 month old squeals with delight and body slams her. He loves his kitty and she puts up with the hugs, not so gentle pets and the occasional use as a seat.
    Even our friends who are dog people say if they could find a cat like Elphie, they would consider crossing over to the dark side.

Credits: Wendy Tunison Pet Parade Papers and Elements, Sassafras elements

Twin Mom Scraps Spookiness cat

Kathy Winters My cat cat element

Blue Heart Scraps Spook on Cat

Keystone Scraps Rock the boat glitter paper

M&M Designs Summer Memories V2 mask

17. Likes crazyT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I did a bit differnet take on the challenge.. This little dude is named Mushoo. He was a Chinese Water Dragon that my son tried to raise. He had several lizards while he was growing up and no matter what we did they always seemed to die. This was the last one that he tried. In the photo in the middle I was helping him clean his mouth as he had mouth rot. One of the many things that is NOT in the Mommy Manual.
    Journaling:
    As a mom I have had to help kids with all kinds of fur babies. Lots of sickness, hurts, and yes death. None of it is in the Mommy Manual. How do we teach our kids about life? Through their pets we can teach them how to love, how to care for someone, how to deal with stress, grief and responsibility. Doing it though is not always easy and sometimes no one can prepare you for all the good and bad times in life more than a loved pet. We have had a lot of fur babies that have blessed our kids with patience, love, endurance and responsibility. All of them have been an essential part of who they have become.
    Credits:
    M&M Designs template #4, deep in the sea:
    Not available here at GS
    Beneath the Beauty, Designs by Connie Prince:
    http://store.gingerscraps.net/Beneat...eauty-Kit.html
    Thankful for You, Collies Corner:
    Mini kit challenge here in the forums:
    http://forums.gingerscraps.net/showt...-Kit-Challenge
    Express yourslef 2 Element Pack, Created by Jill:
    http://store.gingerscraps.net/Expres...ment-Pack.html
    Masks set 1, Violamoni:
    http://store.gingerscraps.net/Masks-Set-1.html
    Last edited by crazyT; 11-10-2013 at 01:39 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast