Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Linking to Store from my LO

Ok ladies,

I need to helpppp please... I am on several CT'S here. I made a LO with one of ColiesCorners' kits. As per normal, I also linked that LO to her store (by copying and pasting the link) to go buy it. I've also linked to the designers store like this. This time, a very kind member messaged me and told me that the link went to XCart. I've tried several times to correct this but it keeps sending it to XCart. I didn't see a button (avatar) to click to Link it. I went to my LO on DST and DSA and I can click that link to take me to her store, with no problems.

Can someone help me with this please?

I proudly create for

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Linking to Store from my LO

You can try adding the code manually.

[ url=paste url here ]Type the kit name[ /url ] (without the spaces in the brackets)

I have found less problems by doing it this way. A little extra typing, but it does get it done.

3. Thanks GingerScraps, trina513 thanked for this post
    Likes Ricki, emscraps, Lisa, msbrad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieH View Post
    You can try adding the code manually.

[ url=paste url here ]Type the kit name[ /url ] (without the spaces in the brackets)

I have found less problems by doing it this way. A little extra typing, but it does get it done.
    OMGOSH!!!!!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you... it worked and you are awesome!!!

I proudly create for

5. Likes GingerScraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes for some reason we are having problems with the link button - I've given up on it and always just manually enter them! Glad it worked for you!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

7. Likes GingerScraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am having problems linking even though I use the code mentioned above it takes it to a "404" error. anyone else having this problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rdjrneace View Post
    I am having problems linking even though I use the code mentioned above it takes it to a "404" error. anyone else having this problem.
    I looked at your most recent LO and the link is definitely not linking to the store....you may have to check your spaces when inputting the url manually...there should not be ANY spaces at all once you start using the bracket:

[url=directlinktostore (nospaces to the bracket) ] Name you want to show up [/url ] (Again don't put a space...it doesn't show up in the forums without the space)
    Last edited by familyhistoryscrapper; 11-04-2013 at 11:41 PM.

10. Likes trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I don't put spaces -- I actually edited one making sure there was no spaces and it still did not work. I will try again later this evening when I upload a layout to see if I am still having a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

I had linked mine that way [url= etc etc. And even my old layouts (that used to work fine) broke with the gallery upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rdjrneace View Post
    I don't put spaces -- I actually edited one making sure there was no spaces and it still did not work. I will try again later this evening when I upload a layout to see if I am still having a problem.
    I never used spaces before but since the upgrade I've found adding spaces helps:

don't use spaces within the URL [url=blah,blah,blah, no_spaces ] but add a space here before and after the title [/url ]

Post Thanks / Like

Major news! After pulling my hair out trying to figure out why his was happening... and not being able to fix it.. I asked Stephen.
    He informed me that BBC will no longer work in the gallery!
    We now need to use html.

I wonder when all the other galleries in digi land will be forced to update to the newest version of the forum and gallery. It sure has been a big old pain!!

Here is a basic html code-

<a href="LINK">PRODUCT NAME</a>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast