Post Thanks / Like

Default Low Carb Recipes

I thought it would be nice to start a low carb thread for any recipes you all might want to share. I tried a new recipe this week.

Zucchini Faux-Pasta

Peel a zucchini and then pushing a bit harder on the peeler, peel off ribbons of zucchini until you hit the seeds, then discard the remaining zucchini. Heat a tbsp of oil (I use coconut) and 1 tbsp butter in frying pan, add a few minced garlic cloves, stir and cook for 2 minutes, add zucchini and stir for another 2-4 minutes. You want the zucchini to be softened a bit but not completely cooked and soggy; turn off heat, add in salt & pepper, the juice of half a lemon and stir to mix. Can also add a bit of parmesan too if desired. If you don't want to serve with lemon/parmesan...try spaghetti or alfredo sauce.

2. Likes msbrad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Low Carb Recipes

Oh dear this sounds good. I have a serious love for pasta! I've been low carbing for two months and I am still bread and pasta free. But I'm definitely going to try this one.
    We have a cute little shop downtown that has all kinds of different flavors of olive oils and balsamic vinegars! Amazing stuff! They really helped me eat more salad. I now refuse to buy dressing from the store ;)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm making this side dish tonight with some baked fish: (Except I have my in the oven since it's too cold to cook outside!)
    http://greenlitebites.com/2013/06/24...reenLiteBites)

It's really just squash, brussels sprouts, bacon, and a little salt

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Rae!!! I've been low carb and mostly grain free for over two years now! Just about anything I make fits in that category
    Love zoodles cauliflower rice, cabbage noodles and all that stuff!!!
    and of course, one can never go wrong with parmesan!!!

Signature made with
    It's Santa Time by Little Rad Trio