Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Drop Shadow Settings

Quote Originally Posted by GingerScraps View Post
    Ohhh I will have to check Wendy's out!
    I have an awesome set from one of our retired designers Wyld Web Designs.
    I'm excited to play with Wendy's now though!!
    I have Charmaine's too! I also have a set from Mommyish, from her Facebook.

Post Thanks / Like

I use shadows that I got from a designer at another store! I get compliments on my shadows now! I would definitely suggest purchasing Wendy's shadows! Makes things so much easier and quicker! After reading this though, I may have to start tweaking colors and opacity and see what happens!

Created with Fall Harvest by Little Rad Trio
    Proudly Creating for: CathyK Designs and Little Rad Trio

Post Thanks / Like

I make my own every single time and they're always different, every single time! Sometimes I use linear burn, sometimes just a normal drop shadow, sometime close, sometime further away, different angles, etc. The only thing that's consistent is flatter elements that would normally be ON the paper have less shadow than a bigger button or something that would have more dimension, those have more shadow.

4. Likes MSPeeler liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for all the ideas and suggestions I've learned alot and can't wait to check out Wendy's Shadows as well!!

Post Thanks / Like

oh I think I might have to get Wendy's too.. I was just looking through the gallery and wondering this same question.. whohooo glad I peeked in here.

Post Thanks / Like

Your video is aweome Hummie.. I learned a lot that I didn't know or understand by watching it!! Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hummie View Post
    Here's an older tutorial of mine that might help you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZUSTOIPAek

I have changed a lot over the years on my drop shadows. It seems now I'm in the habit of lowering the opacity of the shadow whereas I never did that before.

msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

I have shadows from several including Wendy. However hers is currently lost on my computer. Sure hope it's in the other EHD ...
    I often, just do my own.
    m
    Michelle

Post Thanks / Like

I use Wendy's too, as a starting point. They're gorgeous and often they are perfect on their own. Sometimes I like to tweak them a little depending on the element or the colour of the background paper.
    http://forums.gingerscraps.net/signaturepics/sigpic13501_5.gif

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ambelleina View Post
    I make my own every single time and they're always different, every single time! Sometimes I use linear burn, sometimes just a normal drop shadow, sometime close, sometime further away, different angles, etc. The only thing that's consistent is flatter elements that would normally be ON the paper have less shadow than a bigger button or something that would have more dimension, those have more shadow.
    oh Tina... Always the difficult one aren't you? LOL j/k!!

Post Thanks / Like

I use PSE so there's only so much I can do - Like I know you can warp in CS etc. To be honest I have no idea if I can change the color of a shadow in PSE or not!

As far as settings go I never go above 60% opacity and less for certain things. I just think of the layout as a paper layout and think about what things would be chunkier and have a larger shadow. Papers don't have a thick shadow so I usually either use 10 and 8 or 12 and 10. I really dislike papers that "float" way upon a page because to me that just doesn't look "real." KWIM? Oh, and I usually use a 45 degree light angle - no idea why but that's just what I do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast