Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Week 3 - If I only had... *Tribal Council*

Gallery link: http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/showphoto.php?photo=117753&nocache=1

Journaling:
    Not a day goes by that I don’t think of my mom. I used to take her everywhere with me, even when I needed to carry her wheelchair or walker inthe back of my car when going to a mall. She loved going to IHOP with me and boy did she love their coffee. She loved when it was someone’s birthday,the waitresses/waiters would all get together and clap and sing. Yes, she would sing right along with them while clapping her hands. There is a pond near the IHOP in Fredericksburg that was always occupied with many geese. Yes, she loved the geese and I took her there often. Speaking of coffee, she also liked McDonald’s coffee and their Egg McMuffin meal. Yes we went there also. My hubby and I even took her on vacation with us to South Carolina in 2006, because we didn’t want to leave her alone. My mom would always bend down to pick up a penny off the ground when she spotted one saying, “oh this is good luck”. When she couldn’t bend down anymore, yes, I’d bend down and pick it up for her. That is a very special memory to me. Now wheneverI see a penny, I too pick it up and consider that a “God wink”. What I wouldn’t give to have an hour with my mom to visit our favorite spots together, to tell her how much I love her and miss her, to tell her she became a great-nanny again and show her pictures of Keira. I would give her a big hug and never let go!
    IF I ONLY HAD THE POWER.

Thanks and Giving - Monthly Mix created by: Kathy Winters, SandyPie Creations, ViolaMoni,CathyK Designs, B2N2 Scraps:http://store.gingerscraps.net/Monthly-Mix-Thanks-and-Giving.html
    Templatetopia – October by North Meets South (What’s YourAngle Vol 2 Template Pack by Trixie Scraps (modified):
    http://store.gingerscraps.net/October-2013-Templatetopia.html
    Trinket Treasures: Collection – Glitter Paper byKeystone Scraps (used for title The Power):
    http://store.gingerscraps.net/Trinketbox-Treasures-Collection.html

That's my sweet fur baby Amy that my mom is holding!
    Proudly creating for:
    ChereKaye Designs, CathyK Designs, Susan Godfrey Designs, Pixelily Designs, LissyKay Designs, Created by Jill Scraps, Seatrout Scraps April Guest CT, and LyllahRaven Designs

craftytam is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/showphoto.php?photo=117756&title=if-i-only-had-a&cat=794

So many technologies from the early Star Trek series have come into being. For example: do you have a cell phone? Didn’t early cell phones resemble communicators? What about the touch PADDs that the crew carried..can you say “ipad?" Well, I think it’s time for transporters to become a reality!
    How would a transporter come in handy? Oh my! Let me tell you! Picture this: you’re in the middle of a project and it’s time to pick the kids up from school...just push a button and they’re home! In the middle of making dinner and forgot an ingredient? Send the unlicensed teenager to the store to pick it up! Teenage daughter “needs” her nails done, but you have a dinner date? Easy peasy! No more worries about the teen driving at night or little Johnny having to wait for the carpool!
    We currently only have one car between three drivers and five schedules. It's a huge challenge! We really have to juggle our schedules and more often than not, I end up waiting around for someone. A transporter would save me so much time!

Post Thanks / Like

Template: Pretty in Green FridayFreebie Template 5-11
    Kit: Please Slow Down by Luv Ewe Designs

Journaling:

They say, 'Time flies when you are having fun.' we must be having a blast. I cannot believe more than 3 years have gone by since you first met each other You always have the stranger at the supermarket who tells you to enjoy these years because they go so fast. I have learned that those strangers are very wise. I mourn a little as you each pass a phase is life. From baby, to toddle, to little person, to school age... It seems like each year goes by faster than the last. That there is never enough time to enjoy the stage of life you are in before you head into the next. I often joke with you both that you need to stop growing, and you both laugh at me and tell me that you have to keep growing. You are right, and I do look forward to seeing the amazing people you will become as you grow and learn more. That does not mean, however, that I cannot mourn the time that has past and sometimes think, 'If I only had those years.' I will then become that stranger in the supermarket, telling the frazzled, young mama to enjoy these times because they truly go fast.

Post Thanks / Like

Using Pixelily Designs Little Sweetness Kit
    Pixelily Designs Cozy Zone template

My expectations of myself are not realistic. I need to be ok with who I am and not compare myself to other moms, wives, and friends. I want to give myself grace and embrace the woman I'm meant to be! I am not "just" a mom, I am "the" mom to 4 precious children. I am not "just" a wife, I am "the" wife to my best friend of 18 years. I often say, "I wish I was better at..."and need to love who I am now, appreciate the season of life I'm in now, and have faith that God is taking care of me. If I only gave myself Grace, then I wouldn't be so hard on myself.

Post Thanks / Like

I used Twin Mom Scraps "Baking Memories"
    I love to bake but i have a teeny tiny kitchen so i have no room for all the treats i love to make....so if i could ask the wizard, that's what i would want =)

Journaling: (to the tune of "if I only had a Brain" =) )
    If I had a bigger kitchen,
    I could while away the mornings,
    baking up some goodies,
    Licking off the beaters.
    And my oven would be baking,
    while my kids were busy tasting.
    There’s no room for pots and pans.
    When a kitchen’s like a closet,
    And yet I still do it
    Just because my family loves them,
    I bake them by the dozen.
    If I had a bigger kitchen,
    I’d bake pies -I’d bake cookies and some rolls
    decorated with the sprinkles
    I’d have cupcakes galore,
    and something healthy too...
    If I only had the room!!!
    “Yeh, it’s sad, believe me, Missy.
    When you have a cubic foot
    Without an inch to spare.
    But I could show my skills, be a baker,
    not a buyer
    If I only had some room!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I used a brand new kit, Mission:Cure, by Created by Jill Scraps. Alpha for Then and Now is a Little Edgy by Cherekaye Designs.
    Journaling reads- Shealyn was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes just after her 3rd birthday. Almost seven years later, she continues to amaze me with her bravery and strong spirit. Her many daily blood tests are accepted as routine. She bounces back from severe blood sugar lows, that leave her unable to even hold up her own head, as if nothing ever happened. She is always proud to show off her insulin pump and CGMS equipment. Does all of that make it okay?
    Absolutely not. It breaks my heart to see how this beast interferes in her daily life. We can never let down our guard as it is always there looming in the darkness. I wish I could give her health and carefree childhood back. If only I had a CURE!

StephanieH is online now Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *Snickerdoodle*
    *GingerScraps Ad Team

Post Thanks / Like

Template - Happy Go Lucky - Seatrout Scraps

Kit - Misson: Cure - Created by Jill

Journaling:

My sweet girl was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes on December 19, 2005. She had been losing weight all summer, but she had grown a couple of inches, so we thought it was just her body balancing out. I look back at her photos now and I wonder how I missed it. We spent four days in the hospital learning what our new normal would be. Insulin, shots, blood glucose checks. Teaching a 12 year old that was terrified of needles, how to give her own shots so she could be as “normal” as possible. She was in 7th grade, ready to start hanging out with friends without mom and dad with her. She had choir trips to go on, important life things to do. We were not going to let this thing stop her from doing anything or going anywhere. Her lifeline is her insulin pump. It let her be as normal of a teenager as possible In the past 8 years, we have had yucky highs, horrible lows, hospital stays for Diabetic Ketoacidosis, and just plain bad days. But 8 years later, my sweet girl is a 20 year old college junior majoring in Middle School Education so she can share her love of history with young minds. She still has bad days. Type 1 Diabetes doesn’t play nice and the only thing you can do day to day is “manage” it. I don’t want her to have to deal with this for the rest of her life and she wouldn’t have to…if I only had a Cure.

Post Thanks / Like

If I only had more timeÖa phrase I say multiple times per week. Running through my head are several projects that I want to complete. I just canít seem to find the time to work on them. Some will make my life run more smoothly, some will help my house fell more put together, while others are just goals I have wanted to complete for a long time. On this particular day these are the projects I wish I had more time in the day to work on.
    1. 1. Sew Duvet covers for Ashlyn & Tylerís beds. I purchased the fabric back in April.

2. 2. Menu planning. I have a great idea how to organize it but havenít pulled it together.

3. 3. Finish painting the girlsí closets so they can officially move to the basement. 1 almost done, 1 to go.

4. 4. Help Ryan finish the last few requirements for Bear Scouts before he turns 10 at the end of November.

5. 5. Get the leaves raked and yard cleaned up before the winter storms hit.

6. 6. To be able to be one step ahead of the laundry.

7. 7. Help Tyler work on the requirements he needs to finish up a few merit badges.

8. 8. Get caught up on scrapbooks. Baby step goal: finish 2004, 2005, 2006.

9. 9. Build the bed for Madisyn that we found on Ana-White.com so she doesnít have to sleep on the floor.

10 10. Finish the media console I began refinishing back in May. If I could just figure out those hinges.

In all reality it wonít make my life any happier or easier if all of these goals are completed immediately. I have to remind myself daily that I need to find joy in the journey. The time I spend just talking to my kids, helping them with their homework or playing with them will far outweigh having a clean and organized house.

I'm from the country and I like it that way, Kansas
    Post Thanks / Like

Creative Me by Simple Girl Scraps - bulk of LOHave No Fear by Simple Girl Scraps - bulk of LO
    Summer Memories V3 by M&M Designs - TemplateMade with Love by Kathy Winters and Luv Ewe Designs - Skillet and SpoonAll Treats No Tricks a GingerScraps Monthly Mix - the broomWho's Wise a GingerScraps Montly Mix - the BookSummer Beach Partya GingerScraps Monthly Mix - water splashSchools Out a GingerScraps Monthly Mix - bubblesI want to do it all. I want a long, leisurely time with God. I want to get a good workout in. I want to cook for my family and keep the house nice and clean. I want to scrap and read and paint or draw. I want to do it all everyday while being the best Wife, Mom, sister and friend I possibly can. If only I could balance it all.

Post Thanks / Like

My Blog Digital Layouts by 3BluEyedBabies FB

Proudly creating for Colie's Corner, 4MyBabiesScraps, & True North Scraps

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast