Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Week 3 - If I only had... *Tribal Council*

Here's mine...mega journaling!!!

If I Only had a Do-over

Journaling:

Child

As a child, all was right in my world. We didn't have much, but we had family and that's really all that matters to a child. I should probably do over some things, but I can't remember what they are!

Teen

As a Teen, not sure that all was right in my world so much as I was always right! Like most teens, I was pretty selfish and self centered. Had no idea what my parents were sacrificing for me. If the mighty Oz granted me a do-over, I would first lose the glasses (seemed so cool at the time!) Then, I would be much kinder to my parents!

20s

In my 20s, I got married and had two kids within 3 years. I was so busy with two babies, that I forgot to put any effort into my marriage and myself. After a couple of years my marriage was in trouble and I was so out of touch in my IT career. I ended up divorced and struggling to find a job in a fast changing technical field. If the Oz man granted me a do-over, I would spend less time watching TV (while kids were napping) and more time finding ways to keep my marriage on track. I would also be sure to do more reading to keep my IT skills up to date.

30s

In my 30s, I got my career on track and was moving up the corporate ladder. Went back as a programmer and before my 40th birthday, I was managing a team of Programmers and Analysts. Life was good! NOT! My career was good, but my kids were spending too much time alone. You guessed it Mr. Oz... I want a do-over to spend a lot more time with my kids. Who knew they would grow up so fast and that I would regret missing so many ball games and school activities. All of the corporate ladder time could have waited till my kids were all grown up.

40s

My 40s were tough. Depressed because my kids didn't like me (shocker) and lonely for the same basic reason, I started eating what's referred to as comfort food. The more I gained the more depressed I was and the more I ate. Please Sir Oz, a do-over to join a gym instead of stuffing my face!!!!!

50s

During my 50s, we had to put my Mom in an Alzheimer’s unit. No mystery here. If the great Oz would grant me a do-over, I would spend so much time with my Mom before she was no longer able to remember who I am.

60s

My Mom always said, things work out the way they are supposed to. That must be true. Despite all my mistakes, I have wonderful children with terrific kids of their own. I have a great guy (that's him above the "s" in line to zip next) that shares life with me and puts up with all my faults. I'm healthy, happy and financially sound. Thank you great Wizard of Oz, but I think things are just the way they are supposed to be (now, where have I heard that before?)

2. Likes MSPeeler liked this post
    Harmonystar is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: HarmonyStar

Post Thanks / Like

Letting Go by Aprilisa Designs
    Kit Template Torn Paper
    Journaling:
    My daughter is very strong willed. I have come to appreciate this and how it makes her strong and special. So why do I still lose my temper so much with her? All my research on parenting methods still has not prepared me on what to do when she refuses to put shoes on to go out, or when she would rather have her toys taken away than put them away herself. Inevitably I lose my patience. I yell and force and she screams and refuses. I feel like we spend half the day fighting. If I only had the patience I know we could enjoy each other so much more like when we hug and laugh and play. So I will keep trying because I can't change her. She is beautiful and wonderful and sweet and emotional and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Ponytails is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Ponytails Designs

Post Thanks / Like

Here's mine...

Kits:
    "Find Your Bliss" by Ponytails Designs
    "Captured" by Keystone Scraps
    "Cowgirl Chic" by Wendy Tunison Designs

These are all part of our DSD Grab Bag.

Journaling reads:

When I was a little girl, all I wished for was a sister. Bigger or smaller didn’t really matter. I just wanted someone who I could be best friends with, share secrets with, and enjoy a life-long friendship with. My brother was pretty cool, but he was no sister. He was great to have around when I needed a big brother to stick up for me, but I wasn’t about to confide my deepest secrets to him. I’m so glad that I had daughters, so that I could really see what a sisterly relationship was truly all about... all the ups and the downs of it. Jess and Amy have been best friends for their whole lives, but it sure hasn’t been a bed of roses! Now that Sarah is here, she gets to enjoy the benefits of two older sisters. It’s not quite the same since she’s so much younger than they are, but there is already a very special bond between them all. I’ve always envied the special relationship between sisters... but I suppose having a big brother wasn’t so bad. After all, he never asked to borrow my clothes or tried to flirt with my boyfriends!
    http://forums.gingerscraps.net/signaturepics/sigpic13501_5.gif

Post Thanks / Like

Week 3: If only I had more of You and less of me

Credits:
    God Gave me you by Trixie Scraps
    Fonts: Corbel and Hadley

Journaling:
    I have been doing a bible study for the past 6 weeks about having a Mary heart in a Martha world. My heart has been so heavy, wondering if people truly do see Jesus when they look at me. If only I had more of YOU and less of me. I could see people as You see them and love them the way that You love them. I want less bitterness and frustration and more unconditional love and forgiveness! For this is the cry of my heart!

littleradtrio is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Little Rad Trio
    *{Staff} Winner of Survivor-Season 4 *Oz*

Post Thanks / Like

Credits: Tuscan Fall by Trixie Scraps and Marsh Mallow V3 by M&M Designs

My sister-in-law
    means the world to me. She is like a sister to me, and not just by marriage. I would call her my sister even if she wasn’t married to my brother. Over the years, we have had many laughs. But lately she is not laughing much anymore. She was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis. What is it? It’s an autoimmune neuromuscular disease leading to fluctuating muscle weakness and fatigue.. Unfortunately, the doctors have not been very successful in controlling it. In addition, she struggles daily with anxiety attacks. This combination has left her almost incapacitated. If only I had a magic wand, I would wave it over her and heal all her pain and suffering and bring back her laughter and joy.

Post Thanks / Like

http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/show...7567&nocache=1
    I need so much more time. There are not enough hours in the day to finish what I have and want to do. With more hours I could scrap and exercise, not one or the other, I could have a cleaner house and be so much more rested. Most of all I need more time with my family. Being a working mom means I’m out of the house for nine or so hours. The kids are growing so fast; I mean Abby is 8 now and it feels like those 8 years just flew by. We have added Kendra and Trent to our masses and it’s so hard to remember the tiny little babies that I brought home. I need so much more time to enjoy them being young, before I have teenagers that are busy with friends, sports, school, and whatever else in their lives. Time is so elusive it speeds by and before I know it the kids will be grown and gone. So dear Mr OZ, great and wonderful can you give me some more time, I would really appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's mine .. I am done procrastinating.

http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/show...117569&cat=794

JOURNALING: If I only had . . .
    the push and drive to make "Project Me" become a reality. To know that I can achieve any goal I set my mind to. To tell myself that small defeats wont define me nor make me push my goals to the side and not make things happen. I know where I want to be, I can see it almost as if it is so close that I can touch it. Strength is not learned it is something that is within us and it will show itself when it is needed. I know I have the strength, the push, the drive and most importantly the want to make these necessary changes in my life. It isn't specific to one subject in my life but many. Everything from weight loss to other healthier habits to finding that perfect job if it is even out there. Happiness is not handed to you in life, you must earn it in my opinion. Just like recognition things like that can not be handed out lightly. I can not contain my desires in life to just one specific thing because there are so many things that I wish I could change. So my wants change with each goal set and met. I know there will be disappointments along the way, but those stumbles make the goal that much more rewarding when I get there. I am genuinely a happy person and don't really ask for much, but I do wish for more strength and push to make the new better more improved me a reality. For that inner voice to tell me just one more mile or take that chance and put yourself and your talents out there to show the world just what you can do. It is in there, I have seen my strength come out when I have needed it most; and prove to me that I am much stronger than I give myself credit for. So hopefully now each and every goal will be met at some point in time. I don't expect miracles overnight, that only sets myself up for disappointment. Believe me, been there done that. I can't wait for the day when I can look back on the journey and be grateful for the reward.

Post Thanks / Like

If I only had a cure for cancer I could help my Dad with his fight. Two years ago he was diagnosed with Lymphoma. He was having flu like symptoms that went on for a week. He is very subborn and would not go to the doctor. So I finally went to his house and told him he was going. In the Emergency Room that night we were told he had cancer. My world stopped. I did not know what do. I was so sad and angry. The room was silent after the doctor left. We didnít know what to say. So we started a new journey in life that has made our family much closer. My Dadís treatment started with six rounds of chemo. After six long months, the cancer was not gone. He then went through six more rounds of chemo.
    The doctor told my Dad he is the strongest person he has seen. Most people would not survive that much chemo. I think my son has helped my Dad with this fight. They are best friends and he is his Pa. He brings a smile to his face even on the worst days. When we would visit my Dad in the hospital he always made sure he ordered some ice cream for Brayden. They have a very special relationship. My biggest fear would be to tell my son his Pa is not going to be around. He is still too young to understand and it would break my heart. Two years after his diagnosis the cancer is gone, which is great news, but there is a high chance it will come back. Every PET scan we pray that it has not come back. I am so happy he is still here with us today and is able to enjoy life with his family.

Post Thanks / Like

Journaling reads:

"If I only had a Time Turner, like the one Hermione had in Harry Potter. I would use it to spend one more day with my dad - watching the Price is Right or Wheel of Fortune, having some "Peacorn & Popnuts." I would be outside with him, working on the car or helping him around the yard. He was such a great man, with a kind heart and a wonderful personality. I miss all of these things and I am so proud to be able to call him my Dad."

msbrad is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Not a ton of journaling, yet a picture is worth a thousand words.

Journaling reads-
    If only I had more time to capture and preserve moments like these and create forever memories.
    m
    Michelle

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast