Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Photo Scanning

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Photo Scanning

Um, isn't this what husband's are for?

At least this is what my husband is for!

We've been blessed with a lot of old photos.

I know we've already scanned in 1,000's of them, so paying someone else is not cost effective.

We got a Kodak portable scanner.

What a life saver!

It scanned at 600 ppi for us.

All you have to do is to stick it in one side and it comes out the other and then it goes on to a little card like in your camera.

It sure beats lifting a lid, positioning, doing a scan, cropping, rescanning, etc that I have to do from my regular printer/scanner combo.

It eventually developed a line on it, so we have to get another one, but certainly cheaper than having someone else do it.

Or worse yet, having my precious photos lost in the mail!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, darn! Now you have me interested in this! ;) :P lol I like that you don't have to lift a cover!! I also like that it scans negatives. Some of the negative scanners I was looking at looked to be a pain to use. Hmmmm - I might really be considering purchasing this! lol

It's such a tough call what to do! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Hummie View Post
    Um, isn't this what husband's are for?

At least this is what my husband is for!

We've been blessed with a lot of old photos.

I know we've already scanned in 1,000's of them, so paying someone else is not cost effective.

We got a Kodak portable scanner.

What a life saver!

It scanned at 600 ppi for us.

All you have to do is to stick it in one side and it comes out the other and then it goes on to a little card like in your camera.

It sure beats lifting a lid, positioning, doing a scan, cropping, rescanning, etc that I have to do from my regular printer/scanner combo.

It eventually developed a line on it, so we have to get another one, but certainly cheaper than having someone else do it.

Or worse yet, having my precious photos lost in the mail!
    Last edited by Colleen; 10-29-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a portable scanner also. Have the regular one too and have used that for years, but got the portable more recently. Talk about awesome. Took it to a family reunion and scanned photos with ease. Took it to my in-laws without a computer and just scanned away! Photos come out great! Trust me...I'm big on high quality historical photos....the handheld portable scanner is fantastic and super easy!

4. Thanks Colleen thanked for this post
    Likes Colleen liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I've been following this because I have a ton of photos to scan plus I have the negatives from our wedding pictures. I would love to have those digitally.

I love hearing about personal experiences with these portable ones. Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am definitely interested in this as well!! Which one do you have, Hummie?? Do you think they will go on a cyber-Monday sale or is the sale now the best it will be? Any ideas? This looks SOOO much easier than a standard scanner and I love the idea of it going on a card and I LOVE high quality!

Quote Originally Posted by Colleen View Post
    Well, darn! Now you have me interested in this! ;) :P lol I like that you don't have to lift a cover!! I also like that it scans negatives. Some of the negative scanners I was looking at looked to be a pain to use. Hmmmm - I might really be considering purchasing this! lol

It's such a tough call what to do! lol

Post Thanks / Like

I have a scanner made by Wolverine that I bought for negatives and slides that I used for my husband's grandfather. I had some slides from the 1940's and they came out beautiful. I am kinda bummed that it sits under my desk unused after I finished scanning everything.

Post Thanks / Like

I, too, have been shopping for one. Which Wolverine? I have seen some bad reviews of some of them. I would love to hear brands to look for from everyone that has one and loves how it works. I am hoping to get one for Christmas and would love to get a portable one.

Post Thanks / Like

I sent some slides in to Scan Digital as a trial run a couple of years ago. I sent a few really old slides which were washed out and they didn't really fix anything just scanned them and sent them back. I complained and they offered to redo them (I would have had to send them back again) but I felt they should have been done right the first time. I haven't had the nerve to try it again since.
    Jane
    Happily Designing for Scrap Art Studio

Post Thanks / Like

This is the one I have. http://www.amazon.com/Wolverine-Digi.../dp/B002TKMG92

I do think people get this and expect your pictures to be perfect but don't take into consideration how long the slides have been stored and probably not stored correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by meagan43 View Post
    I, too, have been shopping for one. Which Wolverine? I have seen some bad reviews of some of them. I would love to hear brands to look for from everyone that has one and loves how it works. I am hoping to get one for Christmas and would love to get a portable one.

Post Thanks / Like

Portable scanner - added to my Amazon Wish List!! WooHoo!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast