Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Photo Scanning

  1. #11

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Photo Scanning

    Um, isn't this what husband's are for?

    At least this is what my husband is for!

    We've been blessed with a lot of old photos.


    I know we've already scanned in 1,000's of them, so paying someone else is not cost effective.

    We got a Kodak portable scanner.

    What a life saver!

    It scanned at 600 ppi for us.

    All you have to do is to stick it in one side and it comes out the other and then it goes on to a little card like in your camera.

    It sure beats lifting a lid, positioning, doing a scan, cropping, rescanning, etc that I have to do from my regular printer/scanner combo.

    It eventually developed a line on it, so we have to get another one, but certainly cheaper than having someone else do it.

    Or worse yet, having my precious photos lost in the mail!

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Summers are too Quick, Minnesota
    Posts
    6,144
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Photo Scanning

    Well, darn! Now you have me interested in this! ;) :P lol I like that you don't have to lift a cover!! I also like that it scans negatives. Some of the negative scanners I was looking at looked to be a pain to use. Hmmmm - I might really be considering purchasing this! lol

    It's such a tough call what to do! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Hummie View Post
    Um, isn't this what husband's are for?

    At least this is what my husband is for!

    We've been blessed with a lot of old photos.


    I know we've already scanned in 1,000's of them, so paying someone else is not cost effective.

    We got a Kodak portable scanner.

    What a life saver!

    It scanned at 600 ppi for us.

    All you have to do is to stick it in one side and it comes out the other and then it goes on to a little card like in your camera.

    It sure beats lifting a lid, positioning, doing a scan, cropping, rescanning, etc that I have to do from my regular printer/scanner combo.

    It eventually developed a line on it, so we have to get another one, but certainly cheaper than having someone else do it.

    Or worse yet, having my precious photos lost in the mail!
    Last edited by Colleen; 10-29-2013 at 09:01 PM.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,390
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Photo Scanning

    I have a portable scanner also. Have the regular one too and have used that for years, but got the portable more recently. Talk about awesome. Took it to a family reunion and scanned photos with ease. Took it to my in-laws without a computer and just scanned away! Photos come out great! Trust me...I'm big on high quality historical photos....the handheld portable scanner is fantastic and super easy!


  4. Thanks Colleen thanked for this post
    Likes Colleen liked this post
  5. #14

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Concord, NC
    Posts
    3,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Photo Scanning

    I've been following this because I have a ton of photos to scan plus I have the negatives from our wedding pictures. I would love to have those digitally.

    I love hearing about personal experiences with these portable ones. Thanks!!

  6. #15

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Photo Scanning

    I am definitely interested in this as well!! Which one do you have, Hummie?? Do you think they will go on a cyber-Monday sale or is the sale now the best it will be? Any ideas? This looks SOOO much easier than a standard scanner and I love the idea of it going on a card and I LOVE high quality!

    Quote Originally Posted by Colleen View Post
    Well, darn! Now you have me interested in this! ;) :P lol I like that you don't have to lift a cover!! I also like that it scans negatives. Some of the negative scanners I was looking at looked to be a pain to use. Hmmmm - I might really be considering purchasing this! lol

    It's such a tough call what to do! lol



  7. #16

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Photo Scanning

    I have a scanner made by Wolverine that I bought for negatives and slides that I used for my husband's grandfather. I had some slides from the 1940's and they came out beautiful. I am kinda bummed that it sits under my desk unused after I finished scanning everything.

  8. #17

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Photo Scanning

    I, too, have been shopping for one. Which Wolverine? I have seen some bad reviews of some of them. I would love to hear brands to look for from everyone that has one and loves how it works. I am hoping to get one for Christmas and would love to get a portable one.

  9. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Southern BC
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Photo Scanning

    I sent some slides in to Scan Digital as a trial run a couple of years ago. I sent a few really old slides which were washed out and they didn't really fix anything just scanned them and sent them back. I complained and they offered to redo them (I would have had to send them back again) but I felt they should have been done right the first time. I haven't had the nerve to try it again since.
    Jane
    Happily Designing for Scrap Art Studio

  10. #19

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Photo Scanning

    This is the one I have. http://www.amazon.com/Wolverine-Digi.../dp/B002TKMG92

    I do think people get this and expect your pictures to be perfect but don't take into consideration how long the slides have been stored and probably not stored correctly.

    Quote Originally Posted by meagan43 View Post
    I, too, have been shopping for one. Which Wolverine? I have seen some bad reviews of some of them. I would love to hear brands to look for from everyone that has one and loves how it works. I am hoping to get one for Christmas and would love to get a portable one.

  11. #20

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,573
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Photo Scanning

    Portable scanner - added to my Amazon Wish List!! WooHoo!



Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •