scrappinbella is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Lead Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Week 2 - Something Magical *Tribal Council*

I knew I wanted my prom dress to be special. So, I sent a handwritten letter to Warner Brothers and
    explained that I wanted to have a gown made like the one in My Fair Lady. To my excitement, they sent
    me a pattern! My mother sewed the dress and I beaded it.Every day I would come home from school and
    work on it. It took me 3 months to finish it. I kept the dress. Many little girls have played with it through
    the years. The beads tarnished long ago, but, the memory of My Magical Dress is still vivid after 45yrs!
    My date for the Prom is on left...date on the right would become(and still is) my husband

Midnight Masquerade Bundle by Twin Mom Scraps
    Last edited by scrappinbella; 10-27-2013 at 02:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my submission

Journaling:
    "My magical item is actually a combination of three items: Cassidy's TV, DVD player & DVDs. This is a life saver most days. This allows me to send Cassidy to her room, Happy to watch movies, while giving me a bit of quiet time. Show me one mother who can't stand a little quiet time."

http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/show...c-item&cat=793

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my wk 2 LO: Christmas 1974

Journaling reads: My husband & I had been dating about 4 months. I was a single mom struggling to pay my bills. He paid my
    electric bill so the heat didn't get cut off, and gave me these earrings. I loved them so much that I had to stop wearing them
    because the metal was breaking.

craftytam is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

Whew! This really was a tough one. I know mine isn't emotional like most of the layouts, but I'm happy with it
    Journaling:
    My Disneyland Resort Annual Pass is magic! It transports me from my everyday humdrum world into lands of magic. This one little card opens up worlds of fantasy, adventure, the past and even the future. I can visit other countries, go under the sea and even see my favorite movies come to life. When I pass through the gates, something magical happens...I can be a kid again - just as Walt Disney promised on the opening day of Disneyland!

http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/showphoto.php?photo=116852&nocache=1

5. Likes lhansen148, gethane liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Had trouble loading journaling in gallery.
    Journaling reads: My magical moments began in May of 1979. I was a single mom of 2 sweet girls and he was a police officer. We were neighbors and we both knew the couple that lived across the street. One morning, while walking to my car with my girls to head off to work and school,he was walking from his car to his house after working midnight shift. Our eyes met, courted for several months, then got engaged in August of 1979 and married in October 1979. He later became a US Army Officer, participated in Desert Shield/Storm for 7 months, OEF (Operation Enduring Freedom) after 9/11, and the Army eventually moved us to Virginia. My husband is my love, life, best friend and soul mate. He is my MAGICAL MOMENT! In March of 2003 (while we lived in Florida), my mom was diagnosed with colon cancer resulting in surgery and injectable chemotherapy. She did not tolerate the chemotherapy well, ended up back in the hospital and had to discontinue that chemotherapy course of treatment. When we were notified of our upcoming move to Virginia, my poor mom cried saying,“Oh Nance, what will I do without you?” I smiled and told her she is moving with us and will live with us if she wants to. Wow, you’d think I told her she won a million dollars. Her cancer returned in 2007 and needed surgery once again. Her surgery took place in May of 2007 and how thankful I was to have my husband at my side. That was a very long day, as her surgery took 10 hours. Finally the surgeon came out and stated that her surgery was much more involved than he had expected. She was in ICU for about 5 days before moving to her own private room and eventually being discharged home. After a period ofttimes after her staples were removed, I noticed a spot draining at the bottom ofher healed incision. I took her temperature and it was high, though she didn’t feel sick. This was not good and off to the ER we went as I was afraid she had MRSA (and she did). She was admitted to the hospital and eventually discharged to the home with a visiting home health nurse. Eventually she was put on a chemotherapy pill for weeks and then had radiation treatment for weeks. After this course of lengthy treatment, her oncologist ordered some follow-up testing. Unfortunately, the news was bleak. She had 8 more malignant tumors located throughout her abdomen. After we discussed everything with her, poor mom looked at me and said, “I’m done, I’m in my early 80’s and not going through all that. My mom was a MAGICAL MOMENT. I started adding a new request to my prayers– I asked God to please give me a sign of some kind letting me know my mom’s time was coming to depart this earth and return home. In October of 2008, we were leaving our gate entrance onto Waverly and a short way down the road I saw this perfectly orchestrated angel in the blue sky standing sideways while looking down at an infant. She was MAGICAL and beautifully created of white lace. I look back and she is still there until I can’t see her any longer. Toward the end of July 2009, my mom became very ill and was diagnosed with kidney failure and was given only 2 weeks to live. She passed away August 3, 2009. Our son and his wife gave birth to a little girl named Keira (6 weeks premature). Both parents had to work full time and instead of her going into a daycare center, hubby and I watched her for the first 2 years of her life. We have a very special bond, which I wasn’t able to have with our other 6 wonderful grandchildren. I often wonder did God bring me that angel holding an infant letting me know my mom’s time was coming and that I’d be watching and taking care of a new life - our granddaughter Keira. She is a MAGICAL MOMENT.

Gallery link: http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/showphoto.php?photo=116860&title=magic-moments&cat=793
    Proudly creating for:
    ChereKaye Designs, CathyK Designs, Susan Godfrey Designs, Pixelily Designs, LissyKay Designs, Created by Jill Scraps, Seatrout Scraps April Guest CT, and LyllahRaven Designs

7. Likes SoMeNL liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Here's mine for week 2

http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/show...asured&cat=793

Journalling:
    My most precious treasures have to be my scrapbook albums. Yes I have lots of other treasures like my first teddy bear, the necklace my mother gave me before she passed, a poem written in my grandmothers handwriting and my christening dress. All worthy to be picked but above all these must come my scrapbooks - why? These albums contain each and every memory that I have been able to put on paper. I fear that one day like my grandfather I may get dementia, the one devastating thing that can take everything I know or have done. How will I remember the look on my nieces face when she saw her first swing set? How will I remember that for the last few years my most favourite place to eat is Sushi Central? How will I remember the silly things I got up to with friends even when we were old enough to be more sensible? How will I remember the challenges that were thrown my way and how, even with little steps, I overcame them? How will I remember my family? Through my scrapbook albums is how. They hold all my very precious memories - therefore they are my most treasured possessions.

Post Thanks / Like

http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/show...=cameo&cat=500

Kit: ROAR by Designs by Connie Prince
    Template Designs by Connie Prince
    Journaling font: KG Payphone

This cameo was given to me by my paternal grandmother. I remember receiving it with a ring. I lost the ring very quickly and my mother kept the necklace after that for safekeeping. One of the most magical things about this necklace is it's ability to take me back to the time when I received it, every time I wear it. I love being able to look at and wear this necklace and reconnect with my grandmother.

Blog : Gallery
    I CT for Connie Prince : Word Art World : Stolen Moments Designs : Colie's Corner : Jen C Designs

Ponytails is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Ponytails Designs

Post Thanks / Like

Here's mine...

My computer is probably the most important “thing” in my life, because it’s my gateway to a world where I can be my creative best. With my computer I can connect to a place where people get me... or at least the scrapping part of me. It’s also my outlet for creative expression. I can design kits and templates, which are used ultimately to preserve my family’s memories. As far as possessions go, it’s pretty incredible. Not only does it hold my photos and pages, but I can use it to connect with the many wonderful people I have met within the scrapbooking community, and if I’m lucky, I can make a little extra money too! What could be better?
    When I bought my computer I chose the ruby red colour first because red is my favorite colour, and second because I wanted to be reminded of the magic in Dorothy’s ruby slippers. With a few clicks of my ruby red mouse, I can be transported to new places, meet interesting new people, and follow my dreams. What could be more magical than that?
    http://forums.gingerscraps.net/signaturepics/sigpic13501_5.gif

12. Likes lhansen148 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Here is mine. Thanks

Journaling reads...
    When I was faced with the task of scrapping an item that was special to me, this little guy flew to the front of my mind. He's only about six inches tall, but he holds big memories for me. He was always at my Grandma Faye's side. She often had him clipped to her wheelchair, oxygen tank, or IV pole. I remember playing with him when I was young. I loved how his legs were all floppy and his feet would swing around. He came to watch over me instead when she passed away in 1987. He hung from the gearshift of my first car. He hung from my desk lamp in college. He now hangs from the side of my monitor. The SP emblem on his cape faded long ago, but I don't think his power ever will.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast