Sarah is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Week 2 - Something Magical *Tribal Council*

Like Wendy, I couldn't do the journaling in the gallery

When I got my Kindle Fire, it was a bittersweet moment. I had to replace my beloved Kindle DX I love my Kindle, though. I named her Kendall, and it truly says “Kendall” on the screen for it. So cool! I use it daily for a multitude of things. It’s my book reader, but I also surf Gingerscraps, check out the internet, and even listen to music. I can watch Netflix or watch YouTube. There isn’t much that I can’t do with it, besides take and/or edit pictures, but I don’t care!

2. Likes Neverland Scraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Journaling:
    This is Grandpa Bear. Here’s his story:
    When I was 8 years old, we were driving up to go see my grandparents. On our way we saw an ambulance next to a car that looked like my grandpa’s car. We stopped to check things out. We found out my grandpa had had a heart attack while driving and had passed away. The responding officer gave us this teddy bear to comfort us. I like to think that a part of my grandpa lives on in this bear watching over us and comforting us since he had to leave us when we were so young. When I was younger, whenever I was sad, I would hug and cry into this bear and it would help me feel better Now it is on my daughter’s bed, watching over her

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my entry for week 2.

I've tried several times to add my journaling but it won't add in the gallery. Here it is:

It’s a commitment ring. It’s a mother’s ring. It’s a family ring. It’s all three and more, and it’s magic.
    When Illinois legalized civil unions in 2011, we decided to have another ceremony and “get married again”. But we have wedding rings, so I thought it would be nice to instead exchange rings that represent our family. We found this style on line and fell in love with them. We were able to put the names of the children, ourselves, and the birthstones for all of us onto them. There isn't a day that goes by now that I don’t wear this ring. It represents so much. It represents our love. It represents Maggie and Cooper. It represents our legally recognized relationship. These are all such powerful things represented in such a small piece of metal. I can be having such a bad day but I will look down at my hand and see love, the smile of the kids, you. I see it all. And a smile comes to my face as I think about the life we have built together and continue to each day. It reminds me that I am truly blessed in this life and it reminds me of what matters most. And that’s truly a magical gift I get each time I look.

edit - I retyped the journaling out and that worked. It's not taking anything that is copied and pasted. Weird.

5. Likes mamaape liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Phew - this took some work, but I finally did it :-)

http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/show...-books&cat=793

Journaling got cut off in the gallery - full text is as follows:
    Books and reading have been one of my life-long passions. Through them, I have explored magical worlds, learnt about ancient civilisations and momentous periods in history. They have made me laugh out, loud, cry with sorrow and kept me entertained for hours on end. I have lost count of the number of nights I have stayed up way past my bedtime in order to read ‘just one more chapter’. However, I had no idea just how wonderfully rewarding it would be to pass this passion on to my child. You have always loved stories and being read to - both your Daddy and I have found great joy in this. But watching you learn to read and discover this wonderful world for yourself is truly magical - I can’t wait to introduce you to all my favourite authors and watch you develop your own list! Keep reading darling - you never know what you’ll find when you open the cover of a new book........

8. Likes LLPooh1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Journaling reads:

It's that tangible item I chose to cling to after you died. It was the last birthday gift I received from you and grandma. (Though uncle David actually chose it)
    A simple, pink stuffed bear with a little pillow with the words: You Are Special. You were always one to see the worth of souls. This bear has traveled with me for 20 years and helped me feel like you've been here when I've needed you, especially anytime I hear the words, "You Are Special."
    Though only one of nineteen grandkids, you always made me feel important and special, as if I were your only one.

Post Thanks / Like

http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/show...mories&cat=793

Journaling:
    Making family memories are so special and mean the world to me. I love to see the kids having fun, see their joyful smiles, and hear their sparkling laughs. The fun and joy that a child has is just so wonderful. Whether it be a pumpkin farm visit during our favorite time of year, family vacations, or simple things like backyard bowling, these memories will mean so much. When the kids are grown and I’m old, no one will remember what we owned, money we spent: but we will all be able to sit down and reminisce all the good times we had while making our beautiful family memories.

Post Thanks / Like

http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/show...6744&nocache=1

To us, Cooper is a semi-normal Lab. He does a little fetching (usually at a slow leisurely pace), loves to eat, cuddles when he wants something, He’s been a loving member of our family since he was 7 ½ weeks old, bringing much joy, laughter and happiness to our house. He is my big baby boy even though he is 8 yrs old.

We think Cooper must have some special magical aurora that affects everyone but us (we’ve probably built up immunity with constant exposure.) People remember him and his name from years past,. Strangers are always giving him their food and taking his picture when he’s in costume. Other dogs are around, but Cooper gets the special treatment.

Everyone who meets Cooper instantly falls in love with him, even when he barks or steals their food. He is a real ham and people just eat it up. We can be out with a cute foster puppy yet who get the attention of others- cooper.

Cooper’s sweet goofy personality with his big smile and his aura makes him my very special treasure.

Post Thanks / Like

Unable to post my journaling in the comment box or edit my photo and add the journaling here -- so I have added it below my layout, link and credits.

http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/show...6749&nocache=1

Credits:
    World Traveler kits (Main kit, Southwest, Beach Escape & Yellowstone) – Keystone Scraps
    Wishes & Dreams – Keystone Scraps
    Rascal – Keystone Scraps
    Key to Happiness – Keystone Scraps
    Krafty Paper Pack – Keystone Scraps
    Pappy's Mountain alpha (colorized) –Keystone Scraps
    Font – Always & Forever

Journaling Reads:
    I am not sure how “magical” my grandmother's rocking chair is, but it is my most treasured gift. I have fond memories of walking into her house and seeing her sitting in that rocking chair. That is how I remember her not the frail woman she had become later on in life. I was shocked that she just up and gave me her rocking chair one day without question. I was expecting my second child and she was so excited and happy for this new great-grand baby to be born. She told me that I needed that rocker to rock my baby in. My grandmother passed away in July of 1999 .. my son Nicolas was born in September of 1999. She wasn't here to see him be born and get a chance to hold him and know and love him. I remember the early morning I went into labor. Where did I sit? I rocked in her rocking chair for two hours and counted and timed my contractions before waking anyone else up. I felt as if she were with me … and felt her presence around me the entire day until I gave birth later that evening. I gave birth to Nicolas at 9:04 pm…. ironically my grandmother's house number was 409 … she was there I knew it. Her presence was felt in the room by both my sister and I when Nicolas was born. She was there to videotape his birth and both of us smelt my grandmother's dusting powder. Sometimes I will pass by her rocker and be able to smell the same smell, it makes me realize she is there at that moment. I have a blanket that I bought her when she first got sick and it still sometimes smells of her house. I also have two of her sweaters that she wore and sometimes hang one on the rocker for sentimental reasons. And yes the tissues she used to carry in them are still in there. My grandmother loved me for me, she never expected more of me than me for who I was. I was devastated when I lost her. Still to this day when something happens I catch myself dialing her phone number to call her and talk. It is a hard habit to break. She missed out on so much, and more great grandchildren she would have had the opportunity to enjoy over the years. When things get really tough I find myself sitting in the chair just for comfort. The rocking chair ironically has become a favorite seat for Nicolas as he watches television or plays video games. I just smile (and sigh a little),when I see him sitting in that chair. He will never get the opportunity to know her, love her; the amazing, funny, loving storyteller she was. I hope that every time he sits in her rocking chair it is like her arms around him hugging him. I know that is the way I feel when I sit in her chair. I have had this rocking chair for over 15 years now, but it will always be . . . . .

Post Thanks / Like

Journaling Reads:

I loved to go to grandma’s house. It smelled of good food and had a feeling of love and peace. And along with her many antiques she had these cupies. No one was ever allowed to touch them but me. I would show up and say “grandma, can I play with the babies?” She’d get them down for me and I’d line them up on the floor for hours. They just reminded me of her and her love for me. When she passed I knew I’d never see them again but an Angel sent me a package many months later, no name, no retutn address, just a note with the cupies inside and a note that said “These belong to you.” They are torn and tattered like me. Grandma was the only person in my family to not care that I was broken. She knew why. She did her best to protect me and always loved me unconditionally. She never judged and throughout the years opened her heart and her home to me without any questions. She knew through all the anger and hurt who I was inside. She was taken to early from me but I will always have these prized possessions to remind me of her and her love for me.

guess I'm a tad late

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast