Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    jrmminga is offline Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Week 2 - Something Magical *Tribal Council*

Journal Reads:
    My best friend, my Grandma, passed away. I was given her Bible, which continues to mean the world to me. It is magical in that is restores me to the faith she had in our Lord. Just opening it any time, I can get a glimpse of her walk with Jesus. I find funnies, special memories, and I even found a letter to my brother she wrote while he was in Iraq and never mailed. What a special moment it was when I was able to write where I found it and what chapter it was in so he could read it himself on his second tour in Iraq! When I find struggles in life, I let Grandma’s faith help lift me up!

Credits: Inspired Designs by Crystal "I Call Her Mom" full kit and template

Lovin' creating for: Blue Heart Scraps, Kathy Winters Designs, & Simple Girl Scraps
    Leavin' Lots of Love as a GS Sugar Cookie
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Post Thanks / Like

Here's mine http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/show...ippers&cat=793

Journaling: There is something magical and beautiful about lacing them up, adjusting your toes inside the box and feeling your entire body stand taller and align just perfectly to balance yourself atop a tiny rectangle of fabric and glue. I’ve been keeping these shoes in a Bankers Box on the top shelf of my closet. I think they’ve come out once or twice to show the kids. I’ve even put them on and DANG I don’t remember them hurting that much. It was nice to open the box and hold the shoes. Breathe in the last remnants of rosin and glue. There is no prettier pink than the soft pink-peach of pointe shoes. I will always treasure my shoes.
    Kimberly

Please boogie down with this cutie until I finish my siggie

Post Thanks / Like

I really loved this challenge!!!

Image is linked

melissavt is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

Image is Linked
    Melissa

robinsismai is online now Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

Journaling reads:

They say New Mexico is the Land of Enchantment, and I'm inclined to agree. Our courtship was short and sweet and happened in New Mexico. We got married on the spur of the moment so we didn't have rings to exchange. The day after we were married was spent in Santa Fe looking for rings. We decided to go for something non traditional and reminiscent of New Mexico. What could be more representative of New Mexico than turquoise and silver? We looked in antique shops all around Old Town and finally, there they were. Two rings exactly alike in a tray full of random rings. No others had matches except these and they were in the exact sizes that we needed. What are the chances? Coincidence? I think not. These rings were meant for us and us alone. Each time I look at my wedding ring, I'm reminded of the magical time we spent in New Mexico.

Post Thanks / Like

I used Little Rad Trio's "This is Me" kit and a Connie Prince "Crisp Autumn" template.

Here is my journaling below.

Magic is different for everyone. For me the magic in my life comes from the people who are in it. What makes this toy box magical is that it reminds me of my Dad. It was his toy box when he was a boy and just having it in our home makes me a better person because I see it and want to be a better person to make him proud. There is something nostalgic that evokes a more simple time and way of living. The kind of home I want to have and what kind of person I want to raise my children to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

dodgeladee is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Here is mine!
    Journaling reads: Happiness is found in the little moments. The things that we will remember our whole life. The things that we feel in our hearts. It is a feeling that bubbles out from with in us. It is a smile we can not contain. One of those moments for me was the day you were born.You are such a special and important part of our family already. The feeling of pure joy the first time that I held you in my arms is something that I will treasure and remember forever. I feel so blessed to be able to be a Mother. Such beautiful precious souls entrusted to me from God. What a blessing. I hope that I can give you the kind of happiness that you have brought into my life. Just being born has added happiness and joy to my life. I treasure the time that we have together to get to know each other and to have our love grow each and every day. I get happiness by holding you, by feeding you. by watching you while you sleep. I get happinedd by dreaming about who you will become. I love you. you are so preciuos to me.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast