Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Week 2 - Something Magical *Tribal Council*

CTAlbum2-007_zpsb4276d2f.jpg

PLEASE NOTE I added the journaling in the 1st comment of my post in the gallery)

To carry on with my “wedding” themed layout in week 1 I have thought long and hard about what I was going to scrap about in week 2, “Something Magical”. In week 1 I portrayed how my life went from B&W to color when I married my husband, the “love” of my life. This week I would like to portray how our love (the love between my husband and I) is the most magical thing I have. It’s not tangible, you can’t touch it, but you can feel it. It is a power far greater than anything I can think of. I hope you all enjoy my interpretation of this week’s theme. The journaling reads:

On this road we travel, through this journey we call life we will have ups and downs. There will be days where the sun is shining brightly and no clouds can be seen and our travels will be smooth. There will be days where the skies are filled with dark clouds, the rain falls, the wind blows and our travels will be rough. Through the twist and turns of the winding road before us we have one thing that will allow us to keep moving forward together; it’s our unending love. The love we share for each other is something magical. It has the power to grow larger as time goes on, and even the power to grow beyond the two of us; it has the power to create new life. A love like ours is so magical, so very powerful, that it will never grow old. Even though we will grow old, our faces become creased with wrinkles, our hair turn grey with age, and our bodies grow weak, our love will still be youthful and strong. When we pass from this life into the next, and our bodies are buried in the ground, our love willsurvive. Our love will survive in the hearts of our children, and in the heart of our children’s children. Our love will be forever remembered in the memories of all those we leave behind us when we leave this life. The love we share is the most magical, most treasured possession I have. Love may not be a tangible item like money or fancy cars or shining diamonds, but it’s so magical that while you cannot “see” it you can see it and while you cannot “touch” it you can feel it. Our love will stand the test of time.

CREDITS:
    From Trixie Scraps: God Gave Me You
    Cardstock http://store.gingerscraps.net/God-Gave-Me-You-Cardstock-by-Trixie-Scraps-Designs.html
    Kit Paper http://store.gingerscraps.net/God-Gave-Me-You-Kit-Papers-by-Trixie-Scraps-Designs.html
    Bonus Paper http://store.gingerscraps.net/God-Gave-Me-You-Bonus-Papers-by-Trixie-Scraps-Designs.html
    Kit Elements http://store.gingerscraps.net/God-Gave-Me-You-Kit-Elements-Alpha-by-Trixie-Scraps-Designs.html
    From Seatrout Scraps Sweater Weather
    Elements http://store.gingerscraps.net/Sweater-Weather-Elements-by-Seatrout-Scraps.html
    Grunge http://store.gingerscraps.net/Sweater-Weather-Grunge-Overlays-by-Seatrout-Scraps.html
    From North Meets South October Templatetopia
    http://store.gingerscraps.net/October-2013-Templatetopia.html

Post Thanks / Like

kit: Wishes and Dreams by Keystone Scraps

altered template: Temptations 20 by Wendy Tunison Designs

Words (on journal tags)

These Magical Lovies were created with love by the group Threads of Love keepsake since May 2012

Words (main body of layout):

When I need inspiration. I look to this little ziplock that holds oh so much. I had never heard of Lovies nor their magic until my Baby Boy was born at 750 grams and 12.25 inches long at 24 weeks gestation. We had a 5 1/2 month stay in NICU which at times was touch and go and I never wanted to leave his side.

When I went to go back to work from maternity leave, my biggest fear was that my Baby Boy would be left alone for longer then ever. One the NICU nurses told me here take these home and sleep with it and bring it to him and we will put it under his little arm because it will give him the sense you are always around. Every other day we would rotate them.

When my son came home so did these loves. I place them back in the original bag they came in. The blanket they are wrapped snuggled in is one of the blankets that he use to lay on for so many days.

When I need to have that extra magic of an inspiration or a day of having my son with me. I will place them in my purse and take them with me on my day so I have my son with me and know that with inspiration, belief and determination even things believed to not be obtainable are reachable because your heart and soul and true belief can move mountains.

These little cloth hand stitched items came into my life during a very difficult time and helped to bring some form of balance and relaxation and now they continue to balance and inspiration. Their magic is more than anyone could know.

I am truly grateful for the person who took the time to sew these items for my little micro-preemie and me because they sewed a forever bond that no words could begin to describe.

Image is linked to the gallery.
    Link to the gallery is http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/show...n-love&cat=793
    I tried to include journaling on image posting in gallery but I had to many characters because it did not post them all.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

pamr is online now Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Sugar Cookie*

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my layout for week 2

journaling reads:

When I was growing up, we would always have Thanksgiving and Christmas meals at my paternal Grandparent’s house. Grandma and Grandpa had 4 sons, so there was alway a number of people crowded into their tiny little house. The meals were fantastic, and Grandma never sat down and ate with the family. She was always scurrying around making sure everyone had plenty to eat. Being from the South, the beverage of choice was iced tea. Large glasses of iced tea. I was amazed at how my Grandmother managed to pour so many glasses of tea from this one teapot. It seemed like magic, the tea never stopped. It wasn’t until I was in high school that I finally figured it out. Grandma used many, many tea bags in this teapot, and simply added water to each glass. Voila, never ending tea. When Grandma passed away, the ‘Magic Teapot’ became one of my treasured memories.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my submission:

Template - Connie Prince (altered)
    Leaves - Best Guy Ever - Trixie Scraps
    Kit - God Gave Me You - Trixie Scraps
    Paint - Beautiful Spring - Connie Prince
    Fonts - Admiration Pains and Always in My Heart

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass . . .
    It's about learning to dance in the rain."

emscraps is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*

Post Thanks / Like

Egads!! I was crying at work while I started this.

Journaling reads:
    My magical treasure is my grandmother, Nanay Ona. My grandfather died in WW2 while Nanay was 4 months pregnant with my mom and their 3 other children were all under 6 years old. A few years later, she was shot in the arm with a bullet and was hospitalized for almost one year. Yet, through all of this, she made it. She was determined to make a good life for her children who all became professionals both in the PI and the US. Nanay would stay with us for 6 months at a time, caring for us while my parents worked. I must have gotten the craft bug from her because she loved to sew and draw. I fondly remember her jar of buttons and she would sew matching clothes for my dolls and me. She would help me draw pictures for school and teach me to cook. Sadly she passed away in a car accident in 1989. I think about her all the time and she often visits me in my dreams. Magic #1, although I was also thrown out of the car, I survived. Magic #2, we found her jewelry (the necklace above was one of them) in my room with the scent of her powder after we thought it was lost for good. I still talk to her about life and how she has greatly influenced me. Many say I am remind them of her, the best compliment ever! I miss you, Nanay, and love you even more.

Mostly used Country Market by Wendy Tunison
    Swirls, scatter, and Banner from Arabesque by Wendy Tunison
    Word strips from She Survived Word Strips by Wendy Tunison
    Font: Marcelle Script

Link: http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/show...week-2&cat=500

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why a page that looks so simple took so much time!

On June 11, 1996 you became a symbol of love and commitment between two people. I treasured you and found joy in showing you off. You became a part of me. As it seems with most things that you treasure the most, after time those things are taken for granted. You don’t realize how much it means to you until you lose it. Unfortunately that is the fate I dealt you. I thought I was taking care of you when I lovingly removed you from my finger when I took a shower. I am sorry I forgot where I placed you after your removal. I looked and felt for you several times in the shower. I am sorry it took me two weeks before I found you hidden in the window track behind the shampoo. I was so relieved and grateful when I finally found you. I vowed I would never let it happen again. Unfortunately it wasn’t long after that that you went missing again. I could have sworn that I took you off and placed you on the microwave when I was doing dishes. I looked everywhere I could possibly think of. I asked my monkey 1-year-old Ryan who had just discovered how to climb onto the counter, but of course he stared blankly at me. I felt so sick inside. I searched and prayed for you for 2 months. I was beside myself with worry, then one day as I was cleaning out the pantry I pulled out on almost empty box of POPS cereal. I was about to throw it out, but instead I gave it a shake. There seemed to be more cereal in it then I thought, so I opened the box and started to tip it to see how much was left. All of a sudden you dropped out of the box. I was completely in shock.. I started crying when I realized I almost threw you away. I feel terrible that I left you out in the open, vulnerable to a mischievous 1-year-old. (I promise though that I thought for sure the top of the microwave was a safe place). I promise from now on I will love and cherish you and keep you safe from harm. You are a special part of my life and impossible to replace.

Love,
    ME

9. Likes coxabey liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My Blog Digital Layouts by 3BluEyedBabies FB

Proudly creating for Colie's Corner, 4MyBabiesScraps, & True North Scraps

Post Thanks / Like

Here's mine - nice challenge. There are so many treasured items in our lives, aren't there? Not to mention living, breathing treasures like parents, grandparents, children, and pets.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast