Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    shellbyj is online now Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *Snickerdoodle*
    *GingerScraps Ad Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Week 2 - Something Magical *Tribal Council*

journalling:
    I wanted to honor my maternal grandparents in some way when I was married. I had lost my grandmother to breast cancer on the same day I had my first date with my husband and always felt she gave her blessing even though she never met him.
    My mother found a photo key chain and we attached it with the picture of them on my bouquet. In some way, they were able to walk me down the aisle.

Post Thanks / Like

Journaling reads:
    Grandma made the ceramic tree when I was little. Every year we put the tree out with its special little lights. It wasn’t Christmas without Grandma’s special tree.

Now, even though Grandma isn’t with us anymore, her tree is still that ‘magical’ touch that really brings the spirit of Christmas to life each holiday. Last year I had the honor of putting up Grandma’s tree in my new home for the very first time. I look forward to putting out this special tree each year.

Post Thanks / Like

Image and here are linked to gallery:

Journaling:
    Roman was an amazing dog. He crossed the bridge way before his time, several days after his third birthday. But we celebrate his life, as short as it was, for all the good he brought us.
    Ginger had a torn ACL. We decided against surgery, because we knew it would be very difficult for her. But Roman rehabilitated her, getting her to play and run with his gentle persistence. After a few months, Ginger could walk and even run without limping.
    Then there was Nikki, a beautiful husky we fostered. She had social issues with other dogs. But Romanís insistent solicitations for play and friendship won her over eventually, allowing us to give her a loving home and a place in our pack.
    Roman was also my personal therapy dog. He was allowed to visit during my hospital stays, bringing his irrepressible joy and sweetness to me and other patients. And on returning home, he calmed the other dogs as well. It was as if he told them somehow that I was all right, and would come home soon.
    Romanís death came all too suddenly. I had recently come home from the hospital, and Roman and Chandler, my ďRed BoysĒ, would spend the days with me while Joe was at work. They were both well behaved, somehow sensing my frailty.
    Joe returned home from work, and the Red Boys greeted him with their usual joy. They went to the basement to be let out. I will never forget Romanís piercing cry, and the panicked yell from Joe to call the vet.
    The vet thinks it was probably an aneurism. Though we got him to the clinic quickly, and the vet tried valiantly to revive him, Roman was gone, having died within moments of that terrible howl.
    Roman left a void in our lives. None can replace his gentle nature, his special brand of joyous magic. He has left pawprints on our hearts.
    Now and again Roman reaches out a paw, to touch, to comfort. He was truly a dog among dogs, and I know he is over the bridge now with our other beloved pets that passed before him. He plays with that same gentle persistence, that joy that will not be denied. He keeps them all together until we are all united once again.
    Run free, Roman. Dance in joy and love, until you can greet us again.
    02-08-2006 to 02-12-2009

All credits to Designs by Connie Prince (detailed in gallery posting with links to GS store)

4. Likes MSPeeler liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Journaling:
    I have so many happy memories of my Grandma Alice. Every time I think of her I just have to smile. There are a few items that always remind me of her. She watched Jeopardy daily so just hearing the theme song makes her face come to my mind. Another thing she always did was crossword puzzles, she'd do the ones in the newspaper each day. She loved puzzles. Each year for her birthday (the day after Christmas) we'd get her a new Springbok and we'd all help put it together.
    One thing that always reminds me of my Grandma is a cross-stitched picture. She completed hundreds of them, they were all over her house and the homes of family members. I have two pieces that she stitched for me. The alphabet one she made for me when I was born. It hung in my room all through my childhood and now hangs in my daughters' room. The other one she made for me for my wedding. This one is extra special to me, it was one of the last pictures she did because she had problems reading the patterns and seeing where she needed to stitch the last five years or so of her life.
    There's something magical about the way these stitched pictures serve as a daily reminder of her and as inspiration for my life.

I'm from the country and I like it that way, Kansas
    Post Thanks / Like

Something almost magical happens every fall when we get out and hunt together. We laugh and play, we run and hide, we speak a thousand things in absolute silence. In the vast outdoors I become aware of how small I am, how amazing our Creator is. I am overfilled with thankfulness for all that surrounds me and for who I share it with. It's not one particular thing or one particular place, it's the whole experience that leaves me breathless, in awe, without words to adequately describe how I feel.

Post Thanks / Like

Journaling reads:
    In 1995 my sister in law introduced me to Creative Memoires photo albums when she gave me an album and some supplies for my soon to be born son’s first book …and an addiction was born! Papers, scissors, tape squares and stickers became a growing obsession. Packing up all my supplies into a rolling case and trekking to Crops became a fun get away for this stay at home. I started my first book with my son’s birth and continued to create a new book for him every other year. I also have an album of National Parks we have visited and an album of our trip to England. One thing I did differently than most other scrappers was my journaling; I liked to create my text on the computer and print it rather than use pens directly into my books. I got a lot of flak for that technique so when I discovered digital scrapbooking and a new passion was created. No more cutting, no more tape squares, no more mess and so much more fun! I still continue to fill my CM albums with my digital pages and I use my old paper supplies for an occasional hybrid project but no matter the media it was created in, nothing is more treasured than my collection of albums and the stories they tell!

Post Thanks / Like

Journalling reads:
    Years ago my Mom told me, when my son had broken something and I was angry, that things don’t matter but people do. I think this has impacted mylife to the point that at this point in time I really can’t think of anything that I have that is “magical” or “precious”. I am truly thankful for all my blessings but I try to not hold too tight, My truly precious things are my husband and my family. His hand is just a symbol of all he has done all his life to give not only our family, but his Mom and my widowed Mom a safe, stable, and happy life. My life has been so good because of him.

These photos were taken from a massage class offered through the recreation department. Rich agreed to take the class with me so we could learn the techniques to teach our son and his wife. The teacher is a spa owner and massage therapist. Week four was on hand massage. The teacher held this session at her spa and had us do a hand wax before learning the massage techniques. We had to put lotion on our hands, dip them in the wax, put on a plastic wrap and then the fabric mitts. It was fun. The teacher showed us how to remove the wax.

I had my camera so I was taking pictures of the evening. The teacher thought that would be a good idea to put in the rec dept flyer next year. When it came time for Rich to pull the wax off of me, someone in the class said to take a silly picture. The teacher snapped the bottom photo as we hammed it up. This is the 7thyear the teacher has taught this class but it is the first year she has held some sessions at her spa. She said she thinks she will continue to do that from now on.
    October 15, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Here's mine, loved this challenge, I don't journal enough and this was a story I needed to get down

http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/show...eorgie&cat=793

tiggernjen is offline Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

Journaling:
    When our daughter Jenni died in an auto accident at the age of 24, I had a hard time parting with all of her belonging. I wanted to keep her room the way she left it that morning. Her un-made bed, clothes on the floor, just waiting for her to come back home. I wanted to keep the smell of her close to me. Thatís when I learned about making a teddy bears made from special articles of clothing or other items that holds a special place in your heart. Something that when you see it, you think of your loved one.
    So I took some of her favorite thing that she wore and made a Memory Bear.
    This bear comfort me with my grieving by helping me feel close to Jenni. After all these years, I still hold this bear close to my heart for comfort especially on her birthday......
    It is truly my
    Magical Bear

Proudly Creating for
    Keystone Scraps, Adriana's Cafe
    Fit 2 Be Scrapped and Magical Scraps Galore

Post Thanks / Like

Whew! Glad to be done with this one! It was a challenge for sure but I am so proud of the results!

Credits: I used the kit Heart Of A Friend by Trixie Scraps and stitches from Wendy Tunison's Simply Brown kit

Image linked to gallery

Bottom left journaling
    Thereís really nothing special about sand. In fact, itís often an irritation that we sweep or vacuum out of our lives! This sand however, sits on the mantle as a special reminder that we picked each other. We all added our own sand to the piece of art that is now our family.

Top Right Journaling
    Each color represents the unique gifts and qualities that the individual brings to this family. As these containers of sand are poured into a larger container, the different colors will join together to form a beautiful pattern while still maintaining their individuality. As these containers of sand are poured into the larger container, the individual containers of sand will no longer exist, but will be joined together as one. Just as these grains of sand can never be separated and poured again into the individual containers, so will our family be.

Created with Fresh Start by Simple Girl Scraps
    Proudly Creating for: Kathy Winters, CathyK Designs, Simple Girl Scraps, Crescent Moon Designs
    Ladybug Scraps, The Scrappy Kat, Little Rad Trio, and Susan Godfrey Designs

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast