GingerScraps is online now Survivor *Digi-County Fair* Host
    The Queen
    *GingerBread Lady*
    Designer and Owner of GingerScraps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Survivor Opening Story *POSTED*

Survivor Opening Story *POSTED*

Scrapping Survivor *Oz*
    The day is cold and gray, you look out your windows and see storm clouds in the sky. It looks like you're inside a black-and-white movie, the world appears colorless. Suddenly the looming clouds break, you close your eyes, breathe deeply, and take in the smell of fresh rain. You look down at your "to do" list for the day, the long list of errands will have will have to wait. The storm is getting bad, quickly!

It looks like the perfect day to bundle up, make a nice warm drink, and do some scrapbooking. Ten minutes later you're dressed in your favorite comfy clothes, the steam rising from your mug beside you, and the sounds of the storm raging outside. You settle in front of your computer and begin looking through your scrapbooking stash for inspiration. You find the perfect photos and you're page is coming together beautifully.

The clouds crash together and your house shakes from the impact. Loud high-pitched screeching pierces your eardrums. What is that horrid sound? You look out the window, the clouds seem to be forming a cyclone. You decide to Google the forecast, but first you will save the work you have begun on your scrapbook layout.
    The circle (loading) symbol twirls on the monitor. The sounds of the storm seem to be coming through your computer speakers! How could that be? The loading symbol suddenly begins to grow, what is happening? You look closely at the monitor, as the loading symbol twists and turns, taking the shape of a funnel cloud. Feeling the wind on your face, you lean and close to the monitor and become entranced by what you're witnessing. The cyclone is emerging from the monitor. You begin to feel dizzy, your vision is foggy, the cyclone is growing larger and larger. You look down and realize that you're floating, the tornado is pulling you in!! Your vision fades to black.

When you awake you have no idea how much time has past or where you are. Looking around, you notice a darling young women holding a little fluffy dog, and quietly crying. You go over to comfort her, and hope she can tell you where you are. After a brief conversation you're left with more questions than answers. The girls name is Dorothy, her little pup is Toto, and she was sucked into a cyclone from small farm in the Kansas prairies. This cannot be real! You know this "story" all too well.
    You are trapped in Oz!!

You will be forced to adapt to extreme situations, face lions and tigers and bears oh my, and overcoming many obstacles. Now follow that yellow brick road, through the land of Oz, on an incredible journey to meet the Great and Terrible Oz... and hope he can show you a way to get home! After all... There's no place like home.
    Only the strong will survive to claim the grand prize consisting of $100's worth of fantastic goodies, offered a spot on the GingerScraps Creative Team, and of course the Biggest Prize of them all..... the coveted title-
    Season 4 *Oz* Sole Scrapping Survivor!

Are you ready to Outlast, Outcrop, Outscrap in our fourth season of Survivor?

Let the games begin.
    This is Scrapping SURVIVOR *Oz*!!

Ready for the Week One Challenge!?
    Here is the link-
    http://forums.gingerscraps.net/showt...or-*Challenge*
    Last edited by GingerScraps; 10-16-2013 at 12:25 AM.

2. Likes Neverland Scraps liked this post
    dodgeladee is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Survivor Opening Story *POSTED*

Hey Ginger... when I click that link it goes nowhere... I sent feedback to the admin

MSPeeler is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dodgeladee View Post
    Hey Ginger... when I click that link it goes nowhere... I sent feedback to the admin
    Ditto

mamaape is offline Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Snickerdoodle*
    *GingerScraps Ad Team Lead

Post Thanks / Like

What they said. ^

The Queen
    *GingerBread Lady*

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, I decided to just include it in the top of week one challenge
    I will delete this thread now

THe opening story is the big story at the top of week 1 challenge.

The Queen
    *GingerBread Lady*

Post Thanks / Like

I decided to just copy it over to this thread, in case people want to read it again- thanks for letting me know ladies