Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    GingerScraps is online now Survivor *Digi-County Fair* Host
    The Queen
    *GingerBread Lady*
    Designer and Owner of GingerScraps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Week 2 - Something Magical *Challenge*

Before we continue on our journey.... check the below thread to see is you will be moving on to week 2.
    I Survived Week 1 *POSTED*
    http://forums.gingerscraps.net/showt...rvived-Week-1*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just as soon as your journey has begun you meet the lovely Munchkins (the small people who live in the East). They greet you with song and wonderful welcomes, praising you for all you have done for them. Dorothy has no idea what they are talking about! Soon a beautiful woman appears, she is dressed in a gown covered in jewels. She introduces herself as Glenda, the good witch of the North. She explains that there are four witches, The Witches of the North and South are good witches, and the Witches of the East and West are bad witches. As she is talking to you, she is guiding you back to the house, from which you came to Oz in. She explains that the Munchkins will be forever grateful to you both. For they have been ruled by the Wicked Witch of the East for many many years, and when your house dropped from the sky it crushed the Wicked Witch of the East- killing her instantly. The Munchkins are now free!!
    Suddenly a huge burst of red smoke appears, an ugly old witch emerges from the smoke cloud. She starts cackling and frightens the Munchkins. "Who killed my sister!! Was it YOU!?" she says, pointing her green crocked finger at both of you. "Oh, I didn't mean to, it was an accident," cries Dorothy. Glenda reminds the Wicked Witch of the West about the ruby slippers, just as she runs over to grab the ruby slippers off her dead sisters feet, they disappear! One ruby slipper is on your foot, the other is on Dorothy's foot. "Give me back those slippers." the Witch yells.
    Glenda explains to you that the slippers must contain great magic, if the Wicked Witch wants them so badly. She tells you to keep them tightly on your feet at all times.

You find it amazing that the ruby slipper fits your foot perfectly, like they were made just for you! Dorothy tells you that the ruby slipper on her foot fits her perfectly too! Although you can see that you both have a very different shoe size, they seem to have molded perfectly to each of your feet...... these are some very special shoes indeed!

Week 2 - Something Magical *Challenge*

This Layout will be inspired by the magical ruby slippers of Oz! What item do you have in your life that is precious to you? Maybe quilt your grandmother made for you, or is it your wedding ring, your old cheerleader sweater or sweethearts Letterman jacket, maybe you have dog tags from your (or your loved ones) time serving your country, or maybe you have your very own special pair of ruby slippers! Whatever it may be, this is your opportunity to create a layout, all about your treasured item.

The Layout Rules-

• The layout must have at least one photo of your "magical" item, it must be the focal point of the Layout.
    • The layout must have journaling explaining the item and why it is special to you.
    • In the credits section in the gallery, type out your journaling, so all players can read your journaling about your magical item.
    • Templates ARE ALLOWED in this challenge.
    • You must use ALL 100% GingerScraps products when creating your Layout.
    • *Remember* Always credit the products you are using, when posting in the gallery. List the credits in the description box when uploading. When checking layouts, I need to be sure all products are from GS designers- so credits are crucial!!

Deadline and Where To Post Your Layout-
    • Deadline for layout to be posted is Sunday, October 27th @ 11:59 PM eastern standard time. NO EXCEPTIONS
    • Late entries will not be excepted! Plan ahead, and give yourself time to upload and post on time!
    • You must post in TWO places (the tribal council thread for the week and the gallery for the weeks challenge).
    • Layout MUST be posted in the Season 4 *Oz* Gallery Challenge Week 2
    • AND
    • Layout MUST be posted in the Season 4 *OzWeek 2 Something Magical *Tribal Council*
    • LO must follow guidelines of the Week 2 Something Magical challenge

Have questions specifically about the Week 2 Challenge?
    Please ask them in the Q&A thread specifically for the Week 1 Challenge
    Here is a link- Week 2- Something Magical *Q&A Thread*
    I will keep a running list of questions and answers updated in this top thread.

Leaving love in the gallery is a great way to show support for your fellow competitors please do so in the Scrapping Survivor Season 4 - Oz Gallery

Chit Chat and trash talk is a fun part of this game.... make alliances, bribe your host ;) have FUN!! The area to do this all is Here- Scrapping Survivor- *Oz*{sign ups and chit chat}! Feel free to start threads, and chat about whatever you would like to chat about.
    One of the great things about this game is the chance to make some lasting friendships!

Let the fun begin!! I can not wait to see your Layouts!!!
    Last edited by GingerScraps; 10-21-2013 at 06:51 PM.

2. Thanks mamaape thanked for this post
    Likes LyllahRaven, mamaape liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Week 2 - Something Magical *Challenge*

Thank you!!!!x

Post Thanks / Like

Great story and challenge....thanks

Post Thanks / Like

YAY, magical slippers working already...

Post Thanks / Like

So glad to be moving on to week 2 ... already know what I am going to scrap about. Now just to find the right kit. ;)

Can't wait to see what everyone scraps about and the stories behind it.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I have an idea for my LO...need to think about it a little more, though!

My Blog Digital Layouts by 3BluEyedBabies FB

Proudly creating for Colie's Corner, 4MyBabiesScraps, & True North Scraps

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea what to scrap about! Not big on possessions really...they come and go, LOL ...thinking...thinking xx

9. Likes NancyC, trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you I am so excited to move on to week 2

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass . . .
    It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see what is "magical" to everyone! Great Challenge!

Created with Fresh Start by Simple Girl Scraps
    Proudly Creating for: Kathy Winters, CathyK Designs, Simple Girl Scraps, Crescent Moon Designs
    Ladybug Scraps, The Scrappy Kat, Little Rad Trio, and Susan Godfrey Designs

Post Thanks / Like

So happy to have made it to Week 2. Congrats everyone I have no idea what to scrap about at this pont. But I know I'll come up with something.
    Proudly creating for:
    ChereKaye Designs, CathyK Designs, Susan Godfrey Designs, Pixelily Designs, LissyKay Designs, Created by Jill Scraps, Seatrout Scraps April Guest CT, and LyllahRaven Designs

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast