Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tornadoes - Yikes!

Very scary stuff! I live in Kansas and we've had many sirens and taken cover many times....thankfully no one is my family has been hurt or had damage to their homes, but I've seen the devastation they can bring....completely wiping out homes, blocks of towns, and communities. I was a 1st grade teacher when a tornado hit a small town just 25 miles from us and one of my students who was deaf lived there and after the tornado would sign frantically about the vibrations he felt from it he was terrified for long afterwards...broke my heart! God bless all those affected by tornadoes!

Post Thanks / Like

I grew up in Wisconsin and remember spending many evenings huddled under the workbench in our small basement! I remember two specific tornadoes especially... When I was about 7 yrs old, I was once in a big dept. store with my grandma. The sirens went off and they ushered the customers to the back of the store and we huddled in the dressing rooms. There was a lot of debris outside, but the main damage was about two miles away. Another, was when I was in 3rd grade. It came through and just carved a path right through town. It then jumped over about three blocks and wiped out a HUGE city park just beyond. Our house was in that three block part. It was unreal to see the damage on both sides and have barely anything touched in our yard.

Post Thanks / Like

I think everyone who posted here should take their own journaling and put it into a layout to preserve the memories they are sharing!

4. Thanks MSPeeler thanked for this post
    Likes NancyC liked this post
    Ponytails is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Ponytails Designs

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea Hummie!
    http://forums.gingerscraps.net/signaturepics/sigpic13501_5.gif

craftytam is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

Thankfully I've never experienced a tornado! I life in CA and we have the occasional earthquake...I couldn't imagine worrying about tornadoes happening every year!

Post Thanks / Like

Being in the UK I've never had to deal with this kind of thing IRL, only seen pictures on the news. Cannot imagine living somewhere that is under the threat of this kind of devastation!

Great photo and page! Great idea as well for peeps with experiences to document them if they haven't already! x

Post Thanks / Like

Love the layout! I live in earthquake country so no tornadoes, but there is something wherever you live!

scrapjrlgcp is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

I luckly have never been thru one! I grew up going thru eathquakes and I have experienced a hurricane, but I fear tornados the most!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've never experienced a full blown tornado, but have had the green sky many times, the sirens blow, the hiding in the basement, etc. Scary stuff. I grew up in a town that was hit hard in 1967, so our parents were really careful when it came to tornados.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123