Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    GingerScraps is online now Survivor *Digi-County Fair* Host
    The Queen
    *GingerBread Lady*
    Designer and Owner of GingerScraps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Week 1 - Black & White to Color *Challenge*

Scrapping Survivor *Oz*
    The day is cold and gray, you look out your windows and see storm clouds in the sky. It looks like you're inside a black-and-white movie, the world appears colorless. Suddenly the looming clouds break, you close your eyes, breathe deeply, and take in the smell of fresh rain. You look down at your "to do" list for the day, the long list of errands will have will have to wait. The storm is getting bad, quickly!

It looks like the perfect day to bundle up, make a nice warm drink, and do some scrapbooking. Ten minutes later you're dressed in your favorite comfy clothes, the steam rising from your mug beside you, and the sounds of the storm raging outside. You settle in front of your computer and begin looking through your scrapbooking stash for inspiration. You find the perfect photos and your page is coming together beautifully.

The clouds crash together and your house shakes from the impact. Loud high-pitched screeching pierces your eardrums. What is that horrid sound? You look out the window, the clouds seem to be forming a cyclone. You decide to Google the forecast, but first you will save the work you have begun on your scrapbook layout.
    The circle (loading) symbol twirls on the monitor. The sounds of the storm seem to be coming through your computer speakers! How could that be? The loading symbol suddenly begins to grow, what is happening? You look closely at the monitor, as the loading symbol twists and turns, taking the shape of a funnel cloud. Feeling the wind on your face, you lean and close to the monitor and become entranced by what you're witnessing. The cyclone is emerging from the monitor. You begin to feel dizzy, your vision is foggy, the cyclone is growing larger and larger. You look down and realize that you're floating, the tornado is pulling you in!! Your vision fades to black.

When you awake you have no idea how much time has past or where you are. Looking around, you notice a darling young women holding a little fluffy dog, and quietly crying. You go over to comfort her, and hope she can tell you where you are. After a brief conversation you're left with more questions than answers. The girls name is Dorothy, her little pup is Toto, and she was sucked into a cyclone from small farm in the Kansas prairies. This cannot be real! You know this "story" all too well.
    You are trapped in Oz!!

You will be forced to adapt to extreme situations, face lions and tigers and bears oh my, and overcoming many obstacles. Now follow that yellow brick road, through the land of Oz, on an incredible journey to meet the Great and Terrible Oz... and hope he can show you a way to get home! After all... There's no place like home.
    Only the strong will survive to claim the grand prize consisting of $100's worth of fantastic goodies, offered a spot on the GingerScraps Creative Team, and of course the Biggest Prize of them all..... the coveted title-
    Season 4 *Oz* Sole Scrapping Survivor!

Are you ready to Outlast, Outcrop, Outscrap in our fourth season of Survivor?

Let the games begin.
    This is Scrapping SURVIVOR *Oz*!!

After chatting with Dorthy for a bit, you decided to go explore the land in which you have been dropped from the sky and landed. You open the door of the tiny home, and are left breathless! The colors are so intense, you feel like you have lived your whole life in only Black, White, and shades of Gray! The green is so lush, red so rich, yellow so warm, and the blue is so crisp. You take Dorthy by the hand and together you slowly begin your journey together......

Week 1- Black & White to Color *The Challenge*

The Layout Rules-

• The layout must have ONE Black & White Photograph, it must be the largest photo and focal point of the Layout.
    • Surrounding the B&W photo you must have B&W elements, clusters, or frames, the remaining space of the layout must be all in color.
    • The layout must have TWO Color photos, they must be smaller then the B&W photo. The color photos should be surrounded by color papers and elements.
    • Templates ARE ALLOWED in this challenge.
    • You must use ALL 100% GingerScraps products when creating your Layout.
    • *Remember* Always credit the products you are using, when posting in the gallery. List the credits in the description box when uploading. When checking layouts, I need to be sure all products are from GS designers- so credits are crucial!!

Here are a few tips/ ideas for your layout composition-

• You can have the B&W photo and surrounding elements in the center of the LO, then the remainder of the LO will be color photos and color scrapping products.
    • You can have your B&W photo and elements in one corner, then transition into the opposite corner the color photos and color scrapping products.
    • You can go from top to bottom, bottom to top, side to side.... It is up to you, just follow the rule of B&W photo and items- surrounded by (or transitioning into) color photos and color scrapping products.
    • Where the B&W and Color items meet, there can be a bit of overlapping with B&W and Color items mixing together- BUT there needs to be obvious B&W only and Color only areas of your LO.
    • Think of your world going from Black & White- into Color, get that vision in your head, and scrap it!

Deadline and Where To Post Your Layout-

• Deadline for layout to be posted is Sunday, October 20th @ 11:59 PM eastern standard time. NO EXCEPTIONS
    • Late entries will not be excepted! Plan ahead, and give yourself time to upload and post on time!
    • You must post in TWO places (the tribal council thread for the week and the gallery for the weeks challenge).
    • Layout MUST be posted in the Season 4 *Oz* Gallery Challenge Week 1
    • AND
    • Layout MUST post in forum here- Week 1 - Black & White to Color *Tribal Council*
    • LO must follow guidelines of the Week 1 - Black & White to Color challenge

Have questions specifically about the Week 1 Challenge?
    Please ask them in the Q&A thread specifically for the Week 1 Challenge
    Here is a link- Week 1 - Black & White to Color *Q&A Thread*
    I will keep a running list of questions and answers updated in this top thread.

Leaving love in the gallery is a great way to show support for your fellow competitors please do so in the Scrapping Survivor Season 4 - Oz Gallery

Chit Chat and trash talk is a fun part of this game.... make alliances, bribe your host ;) have FUN!! The area to do this all is Here- Scrapping Survivor- *Oz*{sign ups and chit chat}! Feel free to start threads, and chat about whatever you would like to chat about.
    One of the great things about this game is the chance to make some lasting friendships!

Let the fun begin!! I can not wait to see your Layouts!!!
    Last edited by GingerScraps; 10-16-2013 at 01:57 AM.

2. Likes trina513, SoMeNL, conniep, kpmelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Week 1 - Black & White to Color *Challenge*

Ooooh nice!! Thank you!!!!! Thinking cap well and truly ON lol!! X

mamaape is offline Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *Snickerdoodle*
    *GingerScraps Ad Team Lead

Post Thanks / Like

^_^

kpmelly is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

Uh love this, and hate it that I have to go at work now.... would love to start immedeately

Proud CT member of the GingerScrap Designers: SeaTroutScraps, LittleRadTrio, CreatedByJill, SusanGodfrey, Lissykay and *yeah*

GingerScraps is online now Survivor *Digi-County Fair* Host
    The Queen
    *GingerBread Lady*
    Designer and Owner of GingerScraps

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see the LO's!!

Post Thanks / Like

What a fun challenge! Excited to gat started!

Created with Fresh Start by Simple Girl Scraps
    Proudly Creating for: Kathy Winters, CathyK Designs, Simple Girl Scraps, Crescent Moon Designs
    Ladybug Scraps, The Scrappy Kat, Little Rad Trio, and Susan Godfrey Designs

Post Thanks / Like

Love it, Ginger! Can't wait to get started.

pamr is online now Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

What a start! Here we go!

Post Thanks / Like

Love this! I've never done Scrapping Survivor and I've never seen the show, but the story to start was great and really put me creatively where I need to be for the challenge. I hope that manifests itself into a worthy layout!

11. Likes NancyC, ~*Kiana*~ liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nani View Post
    Love this! I've never done Scrapping Survivor and I've never seen the show, but the story to start was great and really put me creatively where I need to be for the challenge. I hope that manifests itself into a worthy layout!
    My thoughts!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast