Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm from the country and I like it that way, Kansas
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Scrapping in PS help

Heya, I have PS(CS5) and PSE7. I usually scrap in PSE but would like to use PS more. The main reason I haven't started using PS to scrap is because I'm in love with how PSE loads new files in the bottom tray and you can see a little image of each of them as you scrap. I load just about every paper and element and never have to leave PSE again. I know you can load multiple files into PS but they are all in one window in a pile or tabbed across the top without an image. Any pointers? menu changes? help? What/How do you PS scrappers do? Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Scrapping in PS help

Hi Gina. I always open my folders and pull the stuff that I need into my Photoshop, thatīs the comfortablest way for me. But I now, that some operating systems not automatically show psd-files. If you tell me your system, I can tell you what to do.

The other way (and I think thatīs like the method that you know at PSE) is to use MiniBridge. I donīt really like it, because it makes my PS any slower. But maybe you have the better hardware ;)
    You will find it under

->Windows - > AddOns in your PS Menue. Hope that are the right names in english. I did a Screen for you, itīs in german but I think MiniBridge will be at the same place in english PS versions

Hope that helps you a little bit,

Melly

Proud CT member of the GingerScrap Designers: SeaTroutScraps, LittleRadTrio, CreatedByJill, ViolaMoni, Lissykay and

3. Thanks trina513 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I have CS6 and I know I can see all of my files (should I choose) in the mini bridge. You have to open up the Bridge first, but then when you start a new layout, you can go to FILE > Browse in Mini Bridge and it will pull up the area at the bottom of your layout where you can choose the kit, etc you want to see. I hope that helps.

I'm from the country and I like it that way, Kansas
    Post Thanks / Like

Well ladies, I guess that is an option but you're right, it seems slow. Thanks for the suggestion. So what do you normally do? Just toggle back and forth between PS and your folder to place new files??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MamaCake View Post
    Well ladies, I guess that is an option but you're right, it seems slow. Thanks for the suggestion. So what do you normally do? Just toggle back and forth between PS and your folder to place new files??
    I do that, even with PSE (I have 11). It's just easier.

7. Thanks MamaCake thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Bridge is too slow. I've never used PSE but this is what I've always done in PS:

Open folder, select items (use CTRL to select many items at once), open items, CTRL A to select item, CTRL C to copy item and then go to LO, select layer and CTRL V to paste item. Use CTRL T + shift to resize item. CTRL + ALT + G to clip the new layer to the previous layer.

It seems quick to me but then again I've never done it any other way.

9. Thanks MamaCake thanked for this post
    Likes kpmelly liked this post
    msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

My bridge is not slow. I scrap in cs5 although I've had most all the pse versions as well. ( I test product using it plus teach).

In cs5, I set edit> preferences to open items as individual items ( floating ), not as tabs, although some love tabs....tabs are the pse bucket in reverse and show at the top instead of at the bottom.

i drag a kit item directly onto my LO creating a new layer . When doing it this way, however the designer chose to name the paper or element is named as such in the layers palette.
    i tend to kit mix....sure makes giving credit a whole lot easier.

another perk to CS- it is a whole lot easier to load: layer styles, actions...just sayin'
    m
    ps- in case not aware, one can set pse not to have the bucket at the bottom.
    Michelle

11. Thanks MamaCake thanked for this post
    Likes trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I do that as well Michi, drag and drop right into the LO, I sure wish I had done this for years, so when I open up my old TIFFs I could easily tell which kit I used, but at least I will from now on (started maybe a year ago?)

Anyway - Melly - how do you get PSD previews to show up? On my old laptop I could and it was SOOOO nice! Now with this one (I have Windows 7)
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    I do that, even with PSE (I have 11). It's just easier.

Pretty much. I don't like tabs and mini bridge is slower. So I just drag into my layout.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trina513 View Post
    Anyway - Melly - how do you get PSD previews to show up? On my old laptop I could and it was SOOOO nice! Now with this one (I have Windows 7)
    I use the Freeware ThumbView LITE (the lite version is for free, and it works for PSD files without any problems). Search it by google and you will get many hits ;) (donīt know if Iīm allowed to post the links here).
    You have to install this little programm one time, and than you can see your psd-thumbs in every windows folder.

Proud CT member of the GingerScrap Designers: SeaTroutScraps, LittleRadTrio, CreatedByJill, ViolaMoni, Lissykay and

15. Thanks trina513 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast