Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Low Carb Recipes

I thought it would be nice to start a low carb thread for any recipes you all might want to share. I tried a new recipe this week.

Zucchini Faux-Pasta

Peel a zucchini and then pushing a bit harder on the peeler, peel off ribbons of zucchini until you hit the seeds, then discard the remaining zucchini. Heat a tbsp of oil (I use coconut) and 1 tbsp butter in frying pan, add a few minced garlic cloves, stir and cook for 2 minutes, add zucchini and stir for another 2-4 minutes. You want the zucchini to be softened a bit but not completely cooked and soggy; turn off heat, add in salt & pepper, the juice of half a lemon and stir to mix. Can also add a bit of parmesan too if desired. If you don't want to serve with lemon/parmesan...try spaghetti or alfredo sauce.

2. Likes msbrad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Low Carb Recipes

Oh dear this sounds good. I have a serious love for pasta! I've been low carbing for two months and I am still bread and pasta free. But I'm definitely going to try this one.
    We have a cute little shop downtown that has all kinds of different flavors of olive oils and balsamic vinegars! Amazing stuff! They really helped me eat more salad. I now refuse to buy dressing from the store ;)