View Poll Results: Which book would YOU like us to read in October?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone

1 20.00%
  • Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher

2 40.00%
  • The Funeral Dress by Susan Gregg Gilmore

0 0%
  • Magic Hour by Kristin Hannah

4 80.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Post Thanks / Like

Default October Book Club Poll

Thought I would let you lovely ladies pick the October book Below are four books I've recently added to my "Must Read Soon" list and can't wait to get started on them! Hopefully, you'll find one (or more!) of them just as intriguing as I do, and want to read along with me.

I'll let the poll run through next Friday, September 25th, so you have a few days after it closes to hunt down and grab a copy of the book before we start reading. Can't wait to see what you pick!

*note - I did allow for multiple choice voting...so if you see more than 1 book that looks interesting, vote for them all!*

__________________________________________________ __________________

Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone (4.15 GR Rating)

If you could read my mind, you wouldn't be smiling.

Samantha McAllister looks just like the rest of the popular girls in her junior class. But hidden beneath the straightened hair and expertly applied makeup is a secret that her friends would never understand: Sam has Purely-Obsessional OCD and is consumed by a stream of dark thoughts and worries that she can't turn off.

Second-guessing every move, thought, and word makes daily life a struggle, and it doesn't help that her lifelong friends will turn toxic at the first sign of a wrong outfit, wrong lunch, or wrong crush. Yet Sam knows she'd be truly crazy to leave the protection of the most popular girls in school. So when Sam meets Caroline, she has to keep her new friend with a refreshing sense of humor and no style a secret, right up there with Sam's weekly visits to her psychiatrist.

Caroline introduces Sam to Poet's Corner, a hidden room and a tight-knit group of misfits who have been ignored by the school at large. Sam is drawn to them immediately, especially a guitar-playing guy with a talent for verse, and starts to discover a whole new side of herself. Slowly, she begins to feel more "normal" than she ever has as part of the popular crowd . . . until she finds a new reason to question her sanity and all she holds dear.

Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher (4.08 GR Rating)

When reclusive novelist Senna Richards wakes up on her thirty-third birthday, everything has changed. Caged behind an electrical fence, locked in a house in the middle of the snow, Senna is left to decode the clues to find out why she was taken. If she wants her freedom, she has to take a close look at her past. But, her past has a heartbeat... and her kidnapper is nowhere to be found. With her survival hanging by a thread, Senna soon realizes this is a game. A dangerous one. Only the truth can set her free.

The Funeral Dress by Susan Gregg Gilmore (3.94 GR Rating)

Emmalee Bullard and her new baby are on their own. Or so she thinks, until Leona Lane, the older seamstress who sat by her side at the local shirt factory where both women worked as collar makers, insists Emmalee come and live with her. Just as Emmalee prepares to escape her hardscrabble life in Red Chert holler, Leona dies tragically. Grief-stricken, Emmalee decides she’ll make Leona’s burying dress, but there are plenty of people who don't think the unmarried Emmalee should design a dress for a Christian woman - or care for a child on her own. But with every stitch, Emmalee struggles to do what is right for her daughter and to honor Leona the best way she can, finding unlikely support among an indomitable group of seamstresses and the town’s funeral director. In a moving tale exploring Southern spirit and camaraderie among working women, a young mother will compel a town to become a community.

Magic Hour by Kristin Hannah (4.09 GR Rating)

Until recently, Dr. Julia Cates was one of the preeminent child psychiatrists in the country, but a scandal shattered her confidence, ruined her career, and made her a media target. When she gets a desperate call from her estranged sister, Ellie, a police chief in their small western Washington hometown, she jumps at the chance to escape.

In Rain Valley, nothing much ever happens--until a girl emerges from the deep woods and walks into town. She is a victim unlike any Julia has ever seen: a child locked in a world of unimaginable fear and isolation. When word spreads of the "wild child" and the infamous doctor who is treating her, the media descend on Julia and once again her competence is challenged. State and federal authorities want to lock the girl away in an institution until an identification can be made. But to Julia, who has come to doubt her own ability, nothing is more important than saving the girl she now calls Alice. To heal this child, Julia will have to understand that she cannot work alone and must look to others--the people in the town she left long ago, the sister she barely knows, and Dr. Max Cerrasin, a handsome, private man with secrets of his own.

Then a shocking revelation forces Julia to risk everything to discover the truth about Alice. The ordeal that follows will test the limits of Julia's faith, forgiveness, and love, as she struggles to ascertain where Alice ultimately belongs.

Colleen is online now *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Dear Friends Designs
    *Lead GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: October Book Club Poll

I read Magic Hour from Kristin Hannah, and I really enjoyed it!

3. Likes BlueHeartScraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I narrowed it down to two, but they all sound good

♥ creating for Gingerscraps Site CT ♥

5. Likes BlueHeartScraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Last day to vote, my lovely, lovely readers!

Post Thanks / Like

Oops! I've had this tab open for a few days, but totally forgot to come back and reply!

The October book has been chosen, and I can't wait to get started reading!
    Come and join us!

October's Book Club Selection Thread

Post Thanks / Like

I missed this poll. Sorry for not voting. I read The Funeral Dress and I thought it was just OK. I'll have to check out the other ones on GoodReads.