Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Designer Classes

Hello Ladies (and gentlemen)!

I have a confession. I am addicted to scrapping! Really addicted. I am fairly new to GS, but I've been lurking for awhile. I am on a few CT teams, and really love scrapping in general. But one of my growing addictions is designing! Although I have to admit, I'm not that great at it yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions on designer classes? Perhaps some you have taken and loved, or had a friend take who loved them? I know some of them can get kinda pricey, and that is understandable. I just don't want to spend big money and not enjoy the class. So I'm putting my 'feelers' out and want everyone elses feed back. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you SO much!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Designer Classes

I haven't heard of any but I wanted to reply to say 1) I'm totally a fan of your on FB and 2) I love your hair and I'm so super jealous of it!

3. Thanks LyllahRaven thanked for this post
    Likes LyllahRaven liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Christina, Thank you!! I'm glad you 'like' me on Facebook, and shhhhh but I do my hair myself! Splat brand - Pink Fetish is the name of the color. I just did an at home bleach kit and dyed it over my bathroom sink. I've been using Splat Hair dye for years and love their products. If you ever want to go daring with a color, I would suggest them. Their red tends to fade quickly, but the other colors are SO fun.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to dye my hair the exact same color, a hot pink/fuchsia and the rest of my hair is naturally black. I used to do all over chunks and steeaks, though. I used to use Loreal Color Rays, it had a formula that bleached dark hair and dyed it the color at the same time--it was seriously awesome because it was formulated specifically for dark hair to turn the whole thing into a one step process instead of having to double process your hair. They don't sell it ANYWHERE near me anymore--SUPER bummer!!! Plus, I can't dye my hair "unnatural colors" at my job now. The last time I had my fuchsia chunks was when I was 20 and in college. Sadsigh!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LyllahRaven View Post
    Hello Ladies (and gentlemen)!

I have a confession. I am addicted to scrapping! Really addicted. I am fairly new to GS, but I've been lurking for awhile. I am on a few CT teams, and really love scrapping in general. But one of my growing addictions is designing! Although I have to admit, I'm not that great at it yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions on designer classes? Perhaps some you have taken and loved, or had a friend take who loved them? I know some of them can get kinda pricey, and that is understandable. I just don't want to spend big money and not enjoy the class. So I'm putting my 'feelers' out and want everyone elses feed back. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you SO much!!!
    I'd just like to agree with this post and want to find out more about designing too as I don't know exactly where to start, go with Cu4Cu products or make my own (which I need to learn more about) Hoping you get some answers so I'll get some answers.

I can say that there is a few places that offer design mentoring, some even for free, but I haven't taken any and don't know what exactly they teach.

msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

There are many many digi classes around for designers to learn 'how' to design. May I suggest, first...prior to jumping into deep water.........
    learn all you can about the program you are using. It will make the transition from avid intrigued fan > obsessed digi scrapper > digi designer, a whole lot easier...

Once you've explored the above, then happy to share places to assist for designing.
    m
    Michelle

8. Thanks LyllahRaven thanked for this post
    Likes LyllahRaven liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Michi,

Thank you so much for the suggestion! I'm using PhotoShop CS5 and I have taken the free online adobe classes on it. While I am by far NOT an expert at Photoshop, I'm fairly fluent with it. But I completely and whole-heartedly agree, beginning with classes about your program is always needed!

10. Thanks msbrad thanked for this post
    Likes msbrad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well I've taken 2 classes for PS and I'm pretty proficient, I've been searching and doing tutorials online for making my own things too.

Post Thanks / Like

May I suggest Chelle's Creations Design Club? I have been a member for awhile and have learned some cool tricks with her.

13. Thanks LyllahRaven thanked for this post
    Likes createdbyjill, LyllahRaven liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This is awesome!! Thank you so much!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast