View Poll Results: Which book could you like to discuss for the October book club?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • When We Were Strangers

2 18.18%
  • Code Name Verity

1 9.09%
  • An Order of Coffee and Tears

2 18.18%
  • Breath of Air

6 54.55%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: October Book Club Poll

Let us know if it is good Nani! I was interested in that one as well!

Post Thanks / Like

Me too Nani...I will be reading that one....let me know if you want me to share it with you so you do not have to buy it

3. Thanks Nani thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Jessica: Thanks, but I have it already.

5. Likes scrapjrlgcp liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I love mysteries, historical mysteries even better, historical fiction and fantasy. I have no problem stepping out of my "preferred" reading choice. By mysteries, I do not mean true crime, serial killer type of stories. I like the stories that make you think, but not ones modern or dark enough so that you are afraid to walk to your car in the dark!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B2N2Scraps View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. My sister has read Code Name Verity and she LOVED it! That is why I included it on the list. She told me that I MUST read it. I love to read historical fiction though and if you don't, I can understand why you wouldn't care for the first 2 books. I was hoping to find a variety of books for the poll and find ones that were somewhat inexpensive in e version. Honestly I felt very limited by trying to keep the prices under $5-none of my to read books on Goodreads are under $5 so I had to go with books that I had never heard of. Perhaps next time I set up a poll, I will worry less about keeping the cost down and more about the type of book I am picking and the accessibility of it. For the future, what genres do you prefer to read?
    Oh Becky please don't feel sorry about it! I can't love everything everytime! And it might just happen that if I start reading, I'll absolutely fall in love with it. It has happened before. ;)
    Lately I've been in a Young Adult mode. lol! But I like many more genres.

The price is most always gonna be a issue for me. Since I'm in the Netherlands, the price I have to pay is higher. Two out of the 4 option were over $5, Code Name Verity being $10,74 for Kindle for me! But I'll try to find a way.

Post Thanks / Like

Those all look great and I added them to my Goodreads 'Want to Read' list. Unfortunately my library only has one. :/

Post Thanks / Like

Diana-which one does your library have?

Post Thanks / Like

Only liked the last two. Unfortunately, my library doesn't have any of them.

Like to read easy to read books. Hate ones where you have to read over and over a paragraph to figure out what the heck is going on. So I do like teen books as those are easy for me to read.

Post Thanks / Like

My sister just read the first one and raved about it! She rated it 5 stars! If you like historical fiction, you should pick up When We Were Strangers.

Post Thanks / Like

I read An Order of Coffee and Tears and I enjoyed it...it was a quick read..a little redundant because it seemed all the women had some sort of connection due to pregnancy issues they had, but it was good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123