View Poll Results: Which book could you like to discuss for the October book club?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • When We Were Strangers

2 18.18%
  • Code Name Verity

1 9.09%
  • An Order of Coffee and Tears

2 18.18%
  • Breath of Air

6 54.55%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: October Book Club Poll

I have to be honest and say that none of the 4 options appeal to me. I'll take a bit more time to check out the reviews and make a vote later. If I don't forget.

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of free books. My friend, Ginny, has been writing this great series and the first book in the series is free today only on amazon. I know we all love a good free book so go grab it while it's free! It's called Deceiving the Duke of Kerrington. I read it in a day and am currently reading the second book in the series that just released last week.

3. Thanks jsuarez thanked for this post
    missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Wendy!! I grabbed it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by berniek View Post
    I have to be honest and say that none of the 4 options appeal to me. I'll take a bit more time to check out the reviews and make a vote later. If I don't forget.
    I'm sorry to hear that. My sister has read Code Name Verity and she LOVED it! That is why I included it on the list. She told me that I MUST read it. I love to read historical fiction though and if you don't, I can understand why you wouldn't care for the first 2 books. I was hoping to find a variety of books for the poll and find ones that were somewhat inexpensive in e version. Honestly I felt very limited by trying to keep the prices under $5-none of my to read books on Goodreads are under $5 so I had to go with books that I had never heard of. Perhaps next time I set up a poll, I will worry less about keeping the cost down and more about the type of book I am picking and the accessibility of it. For the future, what genres do you prefer to read?

6. Likes Nani liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have An Order of Coffee and Tears by Brian Spangler and I would be more than happy to share with all of you if that books wins or if you just want to read it...I think it sounds good so I will be reading it even if it does not win

8. Likes Nani liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I love historical fiction as well but will read most anything I can get my hands on. I think the only collection I have that is bigger than my digi collection is my books. LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello ladies! I haven't been on as much as I'd like. Life gets too busy for me to keep up with the various places that I'd like to in the digi-scrapping community! However, when I'm not scrapping, I'm reading! Currently I have an injured shoulder so I am GROUNDED from scrapping (can you imagine?!), so I am reading a lot.

Hopefully I will start making it to GS as often as I'd like!

Janece

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Wendy!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well it looks like our book will be Breath of Air. Please plan on finding that one for the October chat. Hope you all like it!

Post Thanks / Like

I like mysteries and crime fiction, but I do like to take occasional breaks for different fare. Every now and then I do read books that don't have cops or killers in them...sometimes.

But I think this month I'm going "rogue reader" and getting An Order of Coffee and Tears for my Nook's breakfast...and lunch and bedtime snack!

14. Likes scrapjrlgcp liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast