Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    littleradtrio is online now *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Little Rad Trio
    *{Staff} Winner of Survivor-Season 4 *Oz*

Post Thanks / Like

Default One more step closer

So, in case you weren't aware, my hubby and I decided it was time to add onto our house. We broke ground towards the end of May with an addition that is adding 2 bedrooms and an office with a full basement. We are pretty much doubling the size of our house. Fast forward to mid June. We got to the point where we needed to tie in the roof line of the new addition to the existing house. (We are doing the work - not a contractor). So, we checked the weather and all appeared to be a go. So, ahead we went. But unfortunately Mother Nature decided otherwise. Two days after we cut away part of the roof on the existing house Mother Nature hit us with an incredibly nasty storm where we got about 4 inches of rain in 3 hours. Needless to say, Mother Nature ALWAYS wins. No matter what we did, it ended up raining inside our house. We figured we accumulated about 1 inch of standing water both upstairs and down. Water was coming out for EVERYWHERE - the wall, all light fixtures, from the floor (after running down the walls). So, instead of simply adding an addition, we are pretty much getting a whole new house. We had to completely gut our house all the way down to the studs. The entire house (except 2 bedrooms rooms and 2 bathrooms) were affected. Needless to say, since June 21 we have been living at my parents (me, my hubby, 3 kids and the dog). I am so ready to go back home. We are about 3-4 weeks away, so the light at the end of the tunnel is becoming brighter.

Here's our step closer..... we are almost ready for paint!!! Today we picked the colors. All the drywall work is scheduled to be done by the end of tomorrow. Fingers are crossed that they can start painting the end of the this week (if contractor is available). Next will come trim then floors. Once the floors are in, we'll be moving back home!!!! Even if we aren't done!!! I'm really excited and thought I'd share it all of you.

2. Likes trina513, StephanieH, dodgeladee liked this post
    msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: One more step closer

Oh my word! That is a huge renovation and to do it yourselves....I could not fathom that. How fantastic y'all have the ability and foresight to get it done. Hoping you've taken pictures.
    All the best for a perfect project finish.
    m
    Michelle

littleradtrio is online now *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Little Rad Trio
    *{Staff} Winner of Survivor-Season 4 *Oz*

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a scrapbooker, of course I'm taking photos! LOL! Here's a few of my layouts so far. And oh so many more to scrap.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh - what a huge a headache and disaster!

It sounds like things are going well. Picking out paint colors is so much fun!

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw all your layouts - awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to say I want to see pictures - and here you have them scrapped already! Great LOs and oh my goodness! I couldn't imagine the mess & stress!! SO glad you can see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

having done some remodeling recently, I understand your pain. the pics are great and so happy to hear you are close to "going home"

Proudly Creating for
    Ginger Scraps CT - Connie Prince - Luv Ewe - Little Rad Trio
    Amy Martin - Lynne-Marie - Sas Designs
    Guesting for Kaye Winiecki

emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

WOW, what a lot of love and work you guys put into it, how cool you're doing it yourselves!! I guess Mother Nature had a plan...a practically new house for you! Luckily you were able to stay with your parents, and WTG for documenting it!! Wonderful layouts, and YAY, almost home! There's no place like home ;)

Post Thanks / Like

OMgoodness, Jennifer! I can't imagine that much rain in such a short time! I'm so sorry you had to go through all that stress But, looking at your photos, it looks like it's going to be amazing when it's done!

I'm from the country and I like it that way, Kansas
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa! We are building our house and I am slowly scrapping the pages. What kit is used in the first LO you posted?! My existing floor looks just like that BG paper, lol!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast