Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Adobe Creative Cloud Question

I used CS4 before I switched to PSE.
    The ONLY thing missing is the ability to save a RAW file right in the editor as a JPG. Instead you have to open it up in PSE completely and save that way.

Post Thanks / Like

actually sarah...there is a LOT more than that missing...however, the average user doesn't need or use it so its not as noticeable.

Adobe made a bad move with CC but it would be disastrous to make PSE and PS the same minus Raw. Why would anyone purchase the several hundred dollar more program.

Elements is a user friendly program...PS was created for people in the professional field who start and do everything from scratch. the size of the program alone will tell u the difference is HUGE! (only comparing PSE and PS...not the Suite)

guess I'm a tad late

Post Thanks / Like

I used Elements when I switched from Mac to Windows until I got my Photoshop CS5 for school. I used Photoshop CS on the Mac before that. My opinion, the difference between Elements and Photoshop is much bigger than the difference between Mac and Windows. Elements for those of us that aren't with big creative firms is not an acceptable substitution if we've been using Photoshop.

When I talked to Adobe customer service they told me that I can continue using CS5 and didn't have to use Creative Cloud. CC starts with Photoshop CS6. I can continue using CS5 like I always have but they won't be creating any more updates for it. I suppose that could eventually mean the program won't be compatible with future Windows updates. But maybe by then Adobe will have felt the backlash from creative hobbyists and small businesses to take their heads out of their corporate elitist butts. If not I hope some talented developer creates a comparable alternative for the customers Adobe has left behind.

I ranted about this in my blog a while back. It's the third "random item" in that entry if you'd like to look.

The Spice of Nani

4. Likes Jacque liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

i don't think its an acceptable substitution either...because PS is all i've known for years (not with any firm either)

i do however, tell those who are new, fairly new, or not doing any major stuff to go for PSE...cheaper, more user friendly, and no habits to break

i noticed on your blog it your CS5 educational came with 2 licesenses. did you purchase those? are they 2 separate licenses? or can u use the same one on a desktop/laptop like u use to be able to do. i want to add mine to laptop for lighting storm issues

guess I'm a tad late

Post Thanks / Like

It came with 2 so it can be on any 2 devices. The educational is really not a special license, just an special price. Even with tuition for the course added, I saved abut 40% on the software. I have CS5 on my main computer and on my husband's. When he switched to digital photography, he needed to be able to work with RAW and he used the bridge to organize photos. At that time when I called them they said I could use my licenses however I wanted so putting it on my husband's computer was fine.

What had me talking to customer service again was that I wanted to get a smaller laptop for travel and wanted to buy a third license so I could have PS on another laptop. I was told I can't buy any additional licenses, but I can switch to the cloud and purchase three that way. THREE a month so I can have Photoshop when I travel? Really? I'll probably use Elements on the travel laptop when I decide to get it since it's something I won't use all that often. Still, if a decent competitor offers a comparable product, I'm more than willing to switch to a more customer friendly company than Adobe has become.

msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

I have CS5, ( extended 64 bit and purchased with an educators discount). I love the program. I also have most of the PSE versions starting back to version 0 and Lightroom 4. Although I can get a yearly discount with Adobe for CC, I'm not. I do not trust what they will do with the price once the year is up.
    Count me in with the many who are disappointed with Adobe's decision. I plan to keep my CS5 as long as it works.

I guess I could fire up my Corel PSP x3 and learn it better.
    m
    Michelle

Post Thanks / Like

hmmmmmm i gotta go through my stuff and find the other license

guess I'm a tad late

Post Thanks / Like

Jacque - all you have to do is install it on a second computer with the same license number. There aren't two separate numbers. When it validates it online, Adobe's system knows it is the second activation.

That being said, if you need to uninstall for any reason, make sure to Deactivate it first before you uninstall. That frees up the second license to be installed on any new machine you may want.
    Last edited by StephanieH; 08-29-2013 at 03:57 PM. Reason: bad grammar... ick.

10. Likes Nani, trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

thanks stephanie...i was looking all over my stuff and couldn't find another one LOL

guess I'm a tad late

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12