Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Adobe Creative Cloud Question

so i do know the basic concept of Adobe CC! what i'm wanting to know for those who are using it...is this the way Adobe (and other companies are going permanently) ? where eventually u can no longer purchase the software and keep it til its warn and old and out of date????

or am i missing something???? i originally thought this was an 'option' while you could still purchase the full software if you chose to. but from what i've read and seen it looks like CC is its own version and they are phasing out non membership versions...so u pay for life or else.

guess I'm a tad late

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Adobe Creative Cloud Question

That's pretty much how I understood it as well.
    It seems, also, like you'll be paying more in the long run than what you'd pay if you shelled out the money at the beginning.

Post Thanks / Like

that's MY thoughts too sarah. a LOT more. its convenient to get EVERYTHING (not that the average user will ever use it) and FREE upgrades...but i have to say if this IS how its working...after 20 plus years of using and supporting Adobe...I'm really disappointed in them. They should have BOTH options!

guess I'm a tad late

4. Likes trina513, Nani liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think, in their mind, they do, with Elements. :/
    Everything is being moved online. It's crazy how much we rely on the internet now. Heck, my daughter doesn't have a science book this year (she's in 5th grade). It's all online!

Post Thanks / Like

WHOA - she has an online book for 5th grade?!? She attends a school, right? It's not an online class?... That's insane!

Okay, I have to go read about Adobe Creative Cloud now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    I think, in their mind, they do, with Elements. :/
    Everything is being moved online. It's crazy how much we rely on the internet now. Heck, my daughter doesn't have a science book this year (she's in 5th grade). It's all online!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Colleen View Post
    WHOA - she has an online book for 5th grade?!? She attends a school, right? It's not an online class?... That's insane!

Okay, I have to go read about Adobe Creative Cloud now.
    Yeah, full brick-and-mortar school, but that subject is all online. It's cheaper for the school that way. Instead of having to do the books and things like that, all of it's online.
    A lot of their math and reading work is online as well. One of the spelling requirements is an online site.

Post Thanks / Like

the whole online thing is a completely different RAGE issue for me. we still have millions of people in the US alone who cannot get hi speed internet access and for those of us like me who have to use satellite we pay more and can only use so much. that voids me of most cloud stuff and if my kids were in school i'd be engraged!!!!

however, aside from that...one good thing about online books...MANY students have no books, their books are over a decade out of date, and in many cases up to 5 students SHARE a book. this at least allows them to have the newest up to date info, not hurt their backs carrying a ton of books, and not losing them...(this cannot happen: MOM: do your homework CHILD: i can find my book!) LOL

guess I'm a tad late

Post Thanks / Like

oh and sarah...u r right about ELEMENTS (for now anyway) but they still kicked their users in the butt with that one. i (and many) r set in our ways...i have always used PS and elements freaks me out and does not allow me my full potential.

also...elements is ONLY PS and Premier. that does not cover the apprx. 30 other programs

guess I'm a tad late

Post Thanks / Like

Well, her science is only done at school. Even if they're sick, they're not required to make up that at home, because not everyone has internet (or reliable one, since I found out just recently that my local cable company, while they don't charge for "overages", they do throttle after a certain point, which is always when the kids are home from school).

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping Adobe gets enough backlash with this that they reverse course. We use Adobe Illustrator at work and my boss isn't going to be happy when he realizes (although I've warned him) that to upgrade from CS5, and stay current, he's going to have to pay monthly. I am not looking forward to THAT conversation.

It's because of work that I have a copy of PS CS5 and am learning to use it, but have a feeling I'm going to be headed to Elements before it's all over and done with. We don't use PS at work (was an upgrade to Design Premium that got us this copy) so an upgrade to the cloud version isn't going to happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast