Thread: PSE Shadows??

Post Thanks / Like

Default PSE Shadows??

Iím helping a friend get started in digiscrapping on Sunday. She has an older version of PSE, so I reactivated my old PSE7 so we can crop side by side and I can show her how the program works for scrapping. Sheís a new member at GS so Iíll be sure to have her stop at The Welcome Wagon thread to get her stash started and Iím also going to give her some of the kits I did as a designer (Digitalegacies Designs). I do know she already has her eye on a couple of the kits Iíve used often for my train pages; youíll probably be seeing some freight train layouts that arenít mine soon!

I did a layout on PSE last night to get myself ready for Sunday. I am indeed spoiled with PS CS5! Itís been a while, but itís like riding a trike after riding a 2-wheeler for a while; a little awkward at first, but your remember how to do it.

There is one essential thing I donít remember how to create and Iím looking for a reminder or suggestions. How does one add shadows to elements with Photoshop Elements? This is 7, so there isnít a tool I can see right off that creates shadows. When I look at my older books there are shadows, so I know I used to be able to do it.

Suggestions?

I'm from the country and I like it that way, Kansas
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PSE Shadows??

Effects menu is above layers. Then the double squares which are layer styles. Then drop down arrow menu to drop shadows Or you can install some shadows which are better suited to scrapbooking

3. Thanks Nani thanked for this post
    Likes Ricki liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! Thanks so much, Gina! That brought me right to the options I remember having before!

5. Likes MamaCake liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use Wendy Tunison's "Me and My Shadow" - It's AWESOME!!

7. Likes msbrad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

All of my Course 1 for beginner scrappers are up on Youtube and on the guides, if it would help her:
    http://www.hummiesworld.com/course1guideintro.html

There is an additional "drop shadow basics" on this page: http://www.hummiesworld.com/course1guideadditional.html
    but it is first covered under Lesson 5.

9. Likes Ricki liked this post