Post Thanks / Like

Default August's Scrap Your Read Challenge

Sorry this is a few days late, I was struggling with coming up with the challenge and needed to get a little farther into the book!

One Breath Away is more than just a book about a gunman entering a school and holding kids hostage. It's a story about relationships. There are so many relationships in this story-siblings, husband and wife, parent and child, estranged relationships, friends. It's a story about how those relationships endure a difficult situation.

For this month's Scrap Your Read challenge I want you to scrap a page about a relationship. It can be any kind of relationship and you don't have to be part of the relationship. You could scrap about your relationship with one of your kids or with your parents or with your spouse. Or you could scrap about your parent's marriage or about your kids' relationships with each other. Whatever relationship that you want to.

Anyone can play along and submit a layout, even if you haven't read this month's book, so don't be shy!

On the last day of the month, I will randomly pick one participant from this month's challenge to receive a $5 gift card to either Amazon or Barnes & Noble! So make sure your layout is uploaded and sitting pretty in the gallery by the end of the month, or you won't be put in the pool for the prize

Questions? Just let me know!

2. Likes littleradtrio, BlueHeartScraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: August's Scrap Your Read Challenge

Great idea! Being that I'm spending lots of time with friends and family this week, I think I can find a relationship to scrap about!

Post Thanks / Like

I've never seen these challenges. I will try and get a layout done!!

Post Thanks / Like

Is nobody playing along? Sorry mine is so last minute but I am using products from the September GS Buffet that are not being released until tomorrow so I did not want to post too soon. Here is mine..the relationship is between my daughter and mother, who is no longer with us. My mother would always give into my daughter and let her get away with anything . She loved her Nana and always had so much fun playing with her! I hope she never forgets her.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful pictures and layout! Thank you so much for playing along!

7. Likes scrapjrlgcp liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Becky!

missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

I am just seeing this. Will be back with a layout!!

missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a recent layout with an estranged relationship. I know it doesn't qualify since it is past the 31st, but wanted to share anyway.

This is my brother in law and his baby sister reunited after 13 years apart, due to a simple misunderstanding. She had called collect to tell her brother she had been diagnosed with breast cancer. His ex mother in law (who lived with him) answered the phone and since Harley was not home and she had no idea who it was calling, she declined the call. Missi (the sister) assumed he didn't want to talk to her and so started the next 13 years apart.

11. Likes berniek liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

great layout missi! i am glad they are talking again!!