Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back to School

Post Thanks / Like

Default Back to School

To those of you with school-age kids or heading back to school yourselves, are you ready? When does school start? My boys head back next Wednesday. I'm still trying to get through the obnoxious school supply list for my 7th grader. It isn't as bad for my high-schooler, but they won't know what they need until after school starts, so I'm always making a rush trip out the day school starts. Do your kids' schools give you those crazy supply lists, too? I swear I spend a fortune on school supplies each year.

emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Back to School

My two younger kids start next Wed, 8/21. Their supply lists are crazy and specific. They want the expensive brands of certain things. I understand they might have better quality, but a 2nd grader can pretty much destroy anything..LOL!

My highschool (FRESHMAN!...wahhhh) starts Mon, 8/26. I don't think they'll have a supply list. I guess just notebook paper, pens, pencils..lol! Oh, they do need to buy PE clothes, too.

missdamsel is offline *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

Mine started her Junior year last Friday and they changed the Dress code AGAIN!! It is a uniformish dress code and this is our third year here and our THIRD specific dress code!! UGH!! Driving me NUTS!!

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter is older and out of school. My boys are in 7th & 8th grade and we homeschool through an online program. We started on Monday. The nice thing about being home is there aren't specific supply lists or dress codes I LOVE school supplies and could (with unlimited funds) go really nuts at Target & Staples! I'm really hoping to put them back in (real) school next year when my older boy starts high school, but we'll see!

Post Thanks / Like

Mine start tomorrow! Tonight, we go to the school for a "sneak peek" or something (aka we can drop off supplies early)

Post Thanks / Like

My DS is long out of school (26) but DD is going into 8th grade and starts the 28th. She didn't need much this year thankfully - she is re-using her binders from last year and only needed 1 new one and had all the other stuff from last year too - calculator, book covers, highlighters, packs of filler paper, colored pencils. We did get some new mechanical pencils and she needed black and red pens for this year by one of her teachers. She got her supply lists and a syllabus from each of her 4 teachers on the last day of school last year (they go to their new classrooms on the last day of school). She didn't even need much in the way of clothes/shoes because she hasn't grown since last spring! Pretty excited about that. She got about 3 new shirts, a couple bras, and a pair of jeans and 1 pair of shorts and that will be enough until Christmas. We're also all set for soccer season - cleats from last year still fit, shin guards are still good; the only thing she needs there is a new mouth guard.

Post Thanks / Like

I had to go back to work today, I work in the office of a middle school, but school doesn't start here till the 28th. Summer went by waaay to fast!

My son will be a senior this year so he's super easy ...he's at school before 7:00am then out at noon and he drives himself so he can go pick up his own supplies!

But we've started looking a colleges for next year, I don't want my baby to go away ...at least not too far!

Post Thanks / Like

We homeschool. And we go all year round.

We start our new year in October after we take our 'big break' for a religious observance (we take about a month off, but the Holy Days don't take up that whole time). We are in the home stretch of last year.

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter started today- in 10th grade. My son starts tomorrow- in 8th grade.

The summer went by WAY WAY WAY too fast!! I'm totally not ready for the school routine again. We got our back to school shopping done last week, and I'm officially totally broke! LOL

10. Likes trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

We start the school year at the beginning of the year so my little 5yr old started primary school on the 30th January
    We have to buy our school supplies online at a specific supplier and uniforms are bought at the school uniform shop. Its hard to know when to buy the uniforms as you want to beat the rush but cant buy too early in case she has a growth spurt!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast