Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: One Breath Away - August Discussion Thread

Dang, I totally missed it!!

Post Thanks / Like

I finished the book last night a little late but I got it read I liked it and I enjoyed the way it was written from several points of view and so true you never know when a person will just snap and want to take people down with him. I loved the teacher's role and i thought she was the best character and so believable. I would like to think all teachers feel that way about their students Yesterday and HS not far from me was on lockdown and one student was stabbed to death and a few others injured..it really shows how this book is not far from the truth and events like this can happen at any time...which is so sad! Here is a link to the news story from yesterday in case any of you are interested: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=9235459

missdamsel is offline *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

I finished a few days ago and my mom is reading it now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrapjrlgcp View Post
    I finished the book last night a little late but I got it read I liked it and I enjoyed the way it was written from several points of view and so true you never know when a person will just snap and want to take people down with him. I loved the teacher's role and i thought she was the best character and so believable. I would like to think all teachers feel that way about their students Yesterday and HS not far from me was on lockdown and one student was stabbed to death and a few others injured..it really shows how this book is not far from the truth and events like this can happen at any time...which is so sad! Here is a link to the news story from yesterday in case any of you are interested: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=9235459
    Oh my gosh! How scary. My cousins live in Spring, TX. Like you said, you never know!

Post Thanks / Like

I hope none of them had to go thru that!

Post Thanks / Like

I did read this during the summer. I work at a school and I know how scary it can be.

Post Thanks / Like

This was a quick read for me. I was a bit hesitant about reading it since the story takes place in a school with a gunman but I read it for a book club read. The chapters were really short and switched between five different characters in a 8 hour time frame. Since I have been involved in lockdown drills at school lots of questions came to my mind while reading this what would happen if a real lockdown should really happen? I didn't figure out who the intruder was it was until about a chapter before it was announced. It did keep me reading to the bitter end. I haven't read any of the authors other books but will be checking them out

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you liked it Laura. I work in a school too and have had plenty of lock down drills as well. I keep wondering what the kids are thinking during this drill. It's sad that we have to practice it. We just had a crisis meeting run by the local police liaison and something about the meeting really hit me hard. I think it was when he told us about practicing with preschools and telling them to find the smallest spot and hide and stay quiet. I have 2 four year olds and I almost started crying thinking about my kids in that situation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123