Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Long shot - anyone else here vegan or vegetarian?

My Mom was vegetarian she made the most delicious food. our family eat vegetarian food regularly. It Is very hot where we live so one of our favorites is broccoli mixed with finely chopped onion, chunks of apple, walnuts and mayonnaise. Season to taste.

Post Thanks / Like

Several months ago I started taking a closer look at GMO, and decided to cut out as much genetically modified food as possible. That means most soy and corn, unless the food is labeled "certified organic." I also started making my own bread again. One organic vegetable that I can find almost year round in my local grocery store are beets. I wouldn't eat beets until I became an adult because I couldn't stand the taste. I decided to try them one day and liked them. My DH wouldn't eat them until I roasted them and encouraged him to try them. He was hooked. I take a mix of root veges and cut them into large chunks. I place them in a roasting pan, drizzle with some olive oil, sea salt, and add several sprigs of fresh rosemary. I cover the pan with foil and put in the oven for an hour to an hour and a half at 350. I put the beets on the bottom as they will turn everything red. But the veges are delicious. And any leftovers are good in soups or stews.

Post Thanks / Like

I like to roast veggies, too, in olive oil and a little sea salt. I squeeze lemon juice over a serving and it is the manna of the gods! LOL I use lemon juice as a seasoning for a lot of things. On pizza, it really brings out the flavor of the sauce. Note: Be wary! Wash your lemons really good if you are going to drop the squeezed out wedge into the dish or glass. Especially do this in public places, There has been more salmonella found in the lemons people squeeze into their iced tea!
    I quit eating meat almost completely after working in a restaurant. Darned near quit eating everything! Some how, working in the food industry causes me to lose my appetite - working with food all day, I guess.
    Raw is good, too, but, that is another whole way of eating.

Su

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to return to my vegan way's, my body & I love life so much better when Inflammatory foods are not involved!!

5. Likes msbrad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I love vegetables but am not vegan. I could never give up turkey bacon! ;)

I love to grill veggies. Corn, asparagus, peppers and onion. OMG..SOOOO Good on the grill. I have also found a great recipe for roasted beets that I love. I'm the only one who likes beets in my family so I usually make a very small batch (one large beet). We have a fresh market just around the corner and they have the most amazing fruit and veggies and all pesticide free, grown in their own greenhouses and brought in from local (within 10 kms) farms. Amazing!!! I have found so many veg that I had never tried and found that we love them.

Our latest addiction is fingerling potatoes. WOW, they are so creamy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12