Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Calling ALL Dog Parents

I can't offer you any suggestion, but I would like to give you a BIG digi HUG

Post Thanks / Like

Several hundred dollars later (not counting meds and vet bills...dang i thought i'd eventually get to buy groceries LOL...gotta joke its all i have left) we got the bed, some solutions, and the stuff to make the ramp which we are doing today and i am trying everything to take photos. (of course during on this we are working on our deck so life is just so fun this summer) he is feeling a bit better and hopefully the ramp will make things easier. he's feeling well enuff to get on the furniture when we leave the room which is BAD BAD BAD for him but i can only do so much. and of course ALL the dogs want his bed so having to fight them out of it. Not my fault the others EAT theirs or the others!!!

thanks so much for the prayers...the hugs...the advice! it does help more than u know to get thru this!!!

guess I'm a tad late

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck today Jacque. You have a lot on your plate. Glad he's feeling a bit better. I guess putting his bed inside a large dog crate would help to keep him from getting up on the furniture and keep the others away from his new bed .... but he may not be used to one (and they can't live in a crate all the time.) It's tough .... continued prayers and good wishes. Hugs....

Post Thanks / Like

arlene...he actually has a nice large crate with plenty of room but its uncomfortable and not in the living room with the family...so we'll make it work

on an update: working on a very simple ramp...2 dyslexic people...one who is a visual thinker (me) one who doesn't think (DH/man etc LOL) hot sun, is making for a very long and tedious project...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!! !!!!!!!!!!!

guess I'm a tad late

5. Likes dillydoodles liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a visual thinker too Jacque. Sorry it was a struggle for you guys. Did you get the ramp finished?

Post Thanks / Like

Well we THOUGHT so! we actually had a few things we couldn't finish until this evening as we needed some other supplies but it was an hour or less worth of work. now our ramp was a bit more difficult as our steps are much bigger and steeper so we made it 12 ft. long. this seemed reasonable. so last night got my Rebel to go down it. and it became a slide that he slid all the way down < i was terrified first...then thought great...even if we fix this he will be afraid of it and never touch it. (i was wrong...now he goes down it on purpose and thinks its fun LOL which would be great except i'm sure its not good for his back) so now we have to raise it at the bottom and make it turn and add ANOTHER 8 ft. to it. i don't think i'm gonna make it thru this (at least not sure my marriage is going to)

guess I'm a tad late

8. Thanks dillydoodles thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh good grief. Life is so complicated sometimes. Just breathe ...........

Post Thanks / Like

breathe???? what is that LMAO!!! i wish he hadn't been injured (of course then there would have been no need for the ramp) cuz its actually hilarious to watch him slide down...but i know that can NOT be good for him!

guess I'm a tad late

11. Likes dillydoodles liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ohh poor baby, I don't have any suggestions for a bed either, but do hope you find something that will help him ((hugs))

Store | Blog | Newsletter | Facebook | Twitter

littleradtrio is online now *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Little Rad Trio
    *{Staff} Winner of Survivor-Season 4 *Oz*

Post Thanks / Like

Ohhhh the poor thing! I hope he heals fast. Hugs to you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12