View Poll Results: Which book would YOU like to read for September?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • After Life by Rhian Ellis/Nancy Pearl

1 7.69%
  • Twisted by Marjorie Brody

5 38.46%
  • Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

3 23.08%
  • The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

4 30.77%
  • In the Stillness by Andrea Randall

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: September Book Club Poll - Pick Our Next Book! :)

I'm glad it's The Fault in Our Stars so I can get it from the library! I'll have to add Twisted to my to read list and try to get an interlibrary loan after it's 6 months old. I can't wait to discuss this book-it's outstanding!

Ponytails is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Ponytails Designs

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping to play along with the book club this month, but I just checked the library website and I am number 207 on the hold list, out of 44 copies... so we'll see. Not sure that I'll get this one in time.
    http://forums.gingerscraps.net/signaturepics/sigpic13501_5.gif

Post Thanks / Like

Oh boo, Natasha. That's an awful amount of people trying to get the book! I think I got it through my library's e-book program and read it on my ipad.

Post Thanks / Like

Our library has no available copies right now either, but there are a couple dozen available in the system and no holds that I could see. Need to go in and pay a few bucks off my fines and then I'll put a copy on hold. I should be able to get it by September some time.

GingerScraps is online now Survivor *Digi-County Fair* Host
    The Queen
    *GingerBread Lady*
    Designer and Owner of GingerScraps

Post Thanks / Like

I just checked my audible account to see if I had any credits .... And I already own this book! Lol. I must have thought it sounded good and bought it a while ago. I don't even remember buying it.

Hopefully I can make time to listen to it

My reading and listening to audio books goes WAY down when Big Brother comes on in the summer. I admit, I'm a little addicted to BB

6. Likes scrapjrlgcp liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Natasha - number 207 on the hold list? Yikes! Luckily, there are 44 copies - and if your library users are anything like mine, at least a few are bound to either not be ready for the book when their time comes up, or simply forget to pick it up in time. Do you just paper copies, or do you do any reading on an e-reader?

Yah, Diana, for no forseeable holds on the book! And, I just have at your "Need to go in and pay a few bucks off my fines" comment. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who gets sidetracked sometimes and wind up with silly late fees! ;)

Great, Ginger! Too funny that you already had the audible version, but hey...means you're one step closer to reading along with us!

scrapjrlgcp is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

Ginger, I am addicted to BB too!! I love that it comes on 3 times a week, but it does cut into time for other things

I have the book downloaded, but I am not looking forward to the tears that are sure to come with this one

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHeartScraps View Post
    Yah, Diana, for no forseeable holds on the book! And, I just have at your "Need to go in and pay a few bucks off my fines" comment. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who gets sidetracked sometimes and wind up with silly late fees! ;)
    As a homeschooler, I just figure it in as part of our curriculum costs. LOL We check out a LOT of books, and then there are times when we don't get back there very fast (or we just forget about a book....)

Book is now on hold! I'm the only hold out of 27 copies so I shouldn't have to wait TOOO long.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
    As a homeschooler, I just figure it in as part of our curriculum costs. LOL We check out a LOT of books, and then there are times when we don't get back there very fast (or we just forget about a book....)

Book is now on hold! I'm the only hold out of 27 copies so I shouldn't have to wait TOOO long.
    Oooh! Smart way to think of it! And, yah! Hope you snag a copy before the month is up!

Post Thanks / Like

All the books sounded great, don't need to spend any more $$ this month on e-books so I am going to check my library first, although from everyone else's posts even that may be hard --sounds very popular.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast