Post Thanks / Like

Default July Book - The Sea of Tranquility Discussion

Sorry for a bit late in starting the post for discussion. Please share you thoughts about what you feel about the book here.

If you haven't finished the book, please don't read this thread as there might be spoilers.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: July Book - The Sea of Tranquility Discussion

I do like Sea of Tranquility although sometimes it felt a bit slow. Generally, I don't really like reading books with two point of views/voices but this book was not so bad.

I have been real curious about what happened to Natsya and more and more tiny details are revealed as the story progress. I think her ordeal and the aftermaths are all quite believable. I am no psychologist but I have read quite a bit about how victims always fall into a kind of self-loathing situation after something horrible happened to them.

I could also understand how being in her hometown and surrounded with familiar people could be very hard and not "healing" for her. I think it's overwhelming enough with how everyone's feeling sorry, etc. for her.

I do like some of the other character like Josh, Drew, and Clay. They are all broken in different ways but they manage to continue on in their own way and getting better with the help of each other.

In the book, it has been mentioned a couple of times I think about the sea of tranquility. I'm wondering what do you all think about it?

3. Likes scrapjrlgcp liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: July Book - The Sea of Tranquility Discussion

Well it was not a bad book, and I agree it was slow at times. I enjoyed some of the ideas in the book. I like how the grandpa described his moments of death as being at a house he did not recognize and then later meeting his wife and seeing her house and knowing that his vision came to life..then the very end Natsya described her moments of death as the garage.. it touched me and I am not sure if she really did see the garage or she just remembered the grandpas story but either way I thought it was the perfect ending!!! I also enjoyed the characters and how they all came together. I did not expect Natsya to run into her attacker at the art show. For some reason I always thought she would tell Josh and then together they would hunt him down so she could get her revenge that she mentioned wanting several times, but I was wrong. I think I like it better that he turned himself in.