Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Anyone low carbing it?

Rebecca - I've done the South Beach diet and it works well. I modified it for myself as time went on. In the beginning it's good to learn the facts, follow their guidelines closely and start to see results. As time goes on, you maybe be able to tweak the diet to your lifestyle and needs. What I like about eating low carb is that you allow a bit more fat into your diet and you feel full longer. I rarely crave food in between meals and if I do feel a bit hungry I can have a small snack and it goes away. When I used to be on a low fat diet yrs ago I was always battling hunger/cravings even though I lost weight so wasn't happy with it. Good luck and feel free to ask any questions, either here or message me. I'm happy to help.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm doing really well with it. I'm still being pretty strict on myself. and I am still walking 3 miles daily.
    I've lost 20 lbs in the last 5 weeks! So I am excited about that ;)

emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that's awesome Rebecca!! WTG for being so dedicated! I always fall off the wagon!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...that is awesome! Congrats on the weight loss! I found it tempting to cheat during the first six mths or so but after that it became natural to me to stay away from the grains and most starches that I don't even think about it much anymore and don't crave it at all.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still pushing along on my low carb diet.
    I am down 30 lbs!!! I still haven't had pasta or bread in two months and honestly I'm ok with it.
    I'll eventually add them back in, but I don't want to slow down the losing just yet (I've got a ways to go). I even splurged this weekend and had a piece of cake ;)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm ready the New Atkins Book and New Atkins Cookbook. I want to drop my carbs a bit more for the next few months and drop the last 10 lbs so need to shake things up a bit more. Also need to vary my exercise routine a bit too so may start swimming a bit (indoors though b/c its cold here now).

Post Thanks / Like

I think I mentioned I'm doing south beach. They have a great website and also an app, both of which I use daily. They have a huge amount of recipes for each phase. Totally worth checking out for recipe ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job Rebecca and Rae.
    I am so carbohydrate challenged, that the only way I can lose weight and keep it off is to cut way back on the carbs.
    I have developed an allergy to wheat, so that is something I now have no option of eating.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I'm not necessarily doing a low-carb thing, but it sort of ends up being low-carb simply by the nature of the way I'm eating now. I went Paleo 10 weeks ago, meaning I stopped eating ALL grain, legumes, dairy, sugars, hydrogenated oils and processed foods. The basis of my diet is now grass-fed/pastured meats, (mostly) organic vegetables cooked and pasture eggs cooked with pasture butter or organic coconut oil, with some fruit and nuts sprinkled in now and again.

After the first 9 weeks I weighed myself for the first time and I lost 27 lbs (and a full dress size)--I was shocked. Not an easy feat for me, as I've been fat my entire life. Not only do I not have to fight temptation because I am never depriving myself of food, every meal I eat is good, clean food that is fueling my body the way it craves--it's an awesome feeling.

It is definitely a lifestyle change, not just a crash diet to lose 10 lbs. I have learned so much about food and the food industries, I don't ever see myself going back to the SAD (Standard American Diet) knowing what I know now. I actually even switched my cat to being completely raw fed after reading how dry pet food is made...the DAY I read that, I stopped feeding him packaged cat food. I can't feed my cat literal garbage when I no longer eat the human version of garbage myself!

I do daily studying now on food as body fuel, how the body truly works in terms of using food, etc. If anyone ever wants some info on the Paleo lifestyle or some great yummy recipes (that are coincidentally gluten, diabetic and low-carb friendly), feel free to PM me!

Post Thanks / Like

Many years ago I had great results with a low carb diet (way of life). Somewhere along the road of life I've stopped thinking about carbs or counting calories. Needless to say I've packed on some extra pounds and not feeling great. Looking to get back on a low-carb diet. Good bye sandwiches for lunch every day! Hello grapefruit!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast