emscraps is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Anyone low carbing it?

You both have been a super motivation for me. I keep reading this thread and getting tips! Before I thought it was about low fat. I knew about the low carb, tried Southbeach once and stopped after a while....always figured that I could burn off the carbs. I guess at this age, burning doesn't happen as often or as much!

I'm going to start TODAY! Low carb...here I try! Thank you for the inspiration!!

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to let you guys know about my FB private group called "Healthy Living Lifestyle". We're a small group, about 100, and we chat about health, fitness, diet, recipes, etc. Not everyone is low carb but a lot of us are. For any of you that want to join us, just search FB for "healthy living lifestyle" group and because there is more than one group with that name, look for the one with the red apple icon. I'd love to have some new members join my group there. We're not super chatty but we're a great diversity of ladies (no men allowed) with lots of ideas and info about our health.

msbrad is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

I've not read major detail here, but... We've changed eating....
    Drink half your body weight in ounces of water. Avoid gluten, ( I'm now celiac) added sugars ( they are hidden so well in processed foods...)
    Plenty organic and fresh herbs and vegetables.
    Finally in life I do not need to lose any weight.
    Not deprived, I'm never hungry and I drink my fare share of wine ( wink)
    m
    Michelle

4. Likes emscraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
    I wanted to let you guys know about my FB private group called "Healthy Living Lifestyle". We're a small group, about 100, and we chat about health, fitness, diet, recipes, etc. Not everyone is low carb but a lot of us are. For any of you that want to join us, just search FB for "healthy living lifestyle" group and because there is more than one group with that name, look for the one with the red apple icon. I'd love to have some new members join my group there. We're not super chatty but we're a great diversity of ladies (no men allowed) with lots of ideas and info about our health.
    I will check that out. Thanks for the heads up!
    My Store

Post Thanks / Like

I finally found a recipe for low carb pizza that we really like. I've tried several with the cauliflower crust but with mixed results and most of them had a ton of cheese in the crust. This one is simply 4 cups of riced cauliflower, egg, 1/3 cup of goat cheese, and oregano. It baked off really nice and it was firm. The secret was to squeeze as much water out of the cauliflower as you can after it's cooked, which I had not been doing before. Once you bake off the crust, you then add your favorite toppings, pop it back in the oven long enough to melt the cheese and yum-o! My hubby loves it!

http://detoxinista.com/2012/01/the-s...r-pizza-crust/

I have an entire board of low carb ideas on Pinterest if you want to check them out. Some I have tried and some I have not.
    http://pinterest.com/kwinters/low-carb-recipes/
    My Store

7. Thanks emscraps thanked for this post
    Likes emscraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kl.winters View Post
    I will check that out. Thanks for the heads up!
    Can you post a link, I searched and couldn't find it.
    My Store

emscraps is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *Sugar Cookie*

Post Thanks / Like

our pinterest board looks awesome, Kathy, thank you!! I guess what challenges me is that I'm not much of a cook/baker. I love snacking, but it's so hard to find off the shelf snacks. I've been eating cheese sticks and nuts. But right now I've been missing my bread!! Hopefully that craving will subside sooner than later....lol..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emscraps View Post
    our pinterest board looks awesome, Kathy, thank you!! I guess what challenges me is that I'm not much of a cook/baker. I love snacking, but it's so hard to find off the shelf snacks. I've been eating cheese sticks and nuts. But right now I've been missing my bread!! Hopefully that craving will subside sooner than later....lol..
    It's tough in the beginning but you will stop craving the bread eventually. We snacked on a lot of cheese in the beginning mostly because it was a habit to snack but now we don't eat much cheese unless it's on salad or in a recipe. We did get to the point that we stopped snacking all together simply because there really isn't much that you can snack on low carb unless it's veggies. I think helps if you eat mini meals several times a day instead of sticking to your traditional 3 meal schedule. Hubby used to love having a bowl of ice cream every night so that was a toughie for him but he switched to sugar free Jell-o so he's content. I'm not a fan of Jell-o so I just skip the notion of dessert all together. Now that we've been low carb for almost 2 years, we do treat ourselves once in awhile to ice cream, a cupcake or something we can't have but we never have it in the house. It always has to be out somewhere so we don't have leftovers for days to come. Or if we are having people over, the dessert goes home with them. Best way to keep us on track.
    My Store

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I agree, the bread craving goes away. I had a pizza (GF) last night b/c it was my hubs' birthday and that's what he wanted but I have to say it didn't hold the same enjoyment for me as it once did. I felt bloated, lethargic and a bit brain foggy for about 3 hrs after eating. Now, I would have to say that the pizza toppings were yummy but I would rather have had the toppings over some spaghetti squash or mixed with a bunch of veggies. Funny how our tastebuds can change and how our bodies react to foods. Also that night, I think b/c the carbs spiked my blood sugar so much, I was craving food all night and had to fight with myself to not eat. That is how I used to feel all the time. When I eat low carb I don't have that feeling at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Per the recommendation of my doctor, I will be starting the South Beach diet next week.
    I have some health issues and I am changing some medications in the coming weeks, all of which has made my weight hard to control this past year.
    I think the first weeks are going to be the hardest for me. But I am finally at that "I AM READY" point!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast